What's new

Boon says sales for PC version of Mortal Kombat 9 are "WAY, WAY above expectations" and teases MK 10

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The PC version of Mortal Kombat that fans were after for a long time had finally come, but what about the sales? Well, according to the man himself, Ed Boon has tweeted in response to the very question, "What can you tell us about the sales of the MK9 PC version in general so far: above/meet/below expectations?" and Boon's response would put a big smile your face. Apparently NetherRealm Studios/Warner Bros didn't have high hopes for the PC version of Mortal Kombat, but the sales "WAY WAY above expectations."

pcsales.jpg

In addition to this, Ed Boon has also most recently and out of the blue, tweeted a few words to get the fans riled up in the name of Mortal Kombat! Interpret it however you'd like!

mk10.jpg

However, it should be noted that NetherRealm Studios has been confirmed to be working on other projects as noted in the articles below:

Attachments

PaYizT

Say it with your chest .
Not even going to get hype just because I know this game wont come out for longtime injustice is still new and plan on playing it for a long time

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Isn't the PC port based on the xbox version of the game?

Also the MK10 "tease" was just him making fun of sharknado 2.
Well yes and no. The game is formatted in practically the same code, its just that High Voltage changed from little eridian to Eridian (Programming languages I believe). I'm not too sure on the specifics but I know between all three versions the code is not TOO different.

StoneCold is one of the hard core modders out there.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
They lost count of how many terrible sub-headings they've discussed for MK games over the years?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
good news then .... MK9 doing well in PC number sales, can possible open opportunity for IGAU be ported in 2015 for PC plataform, and , who knows, maybe MK10 having a PC port version more or less at the same time as the consoles versions release come out ? :D

Sami

Noob
Well yes and no. The game is formatted in practically the same code, its just that High Voltage changed from little eridian to Eridian (Programming languages I believe). I'm not too sure on the specifics but I know between all three versions the code is not TOO different.

StoneCold is one of the hard core modders out there.
"Endian", and it's to do with the order the processor stores bytes in memory. A 32-bit number is 4 bytes, and some processor architectures store them [01][02][03][04] (big endian) while others would store it [04][03][02][01] (little endian). As to what impact this has, setting the 32-bit number from "0" to "1" would change the value of [01], which is the first byte in a big endian system, and the fourth byte in a little endian system.

It hardly affects the code at all, but greatly affects the format the files are stored in. If the order of the bytes in the files doesn't match what the processor expects then your 32-bit number of "1" would actually become "16777216" - a bit of a difference!

/me shrinks back into the shadows...

SZSR

Noob
I wish I could be surprised that the MK PC sales were way above expectations, but this is what the community has been saying the entire time.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
"Endian", and it's to do with the order the processor stores bytes in memory. A 32-bit number is 4 bytes, and some processor architectures store them [01][02][03][04] (big endian) while others would store it [04][03][02][01] (little endian). As to what impact this has, setting the 32-bit number from "0" to "1" would change the value of [01], which is the first byte in a big endian system, and the fourth byte in a little endian system.

It hardly affects the code at all, but greatly affects the format the files are stored in. If the order of the bytes in the files doesn't match what the processor expects then your 32-bit number of "1" would actually become "16777216" - a bit of a difference!

/me shrinks back into the shadows...
Haha thanks for correcting me.