What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Boon konfirms 1/6 teased boots; one being Quan Chi

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Back in late August Boon tweet an image of character boots. After deciphering and speculating, Boon has finally confirmed via twitter who one of the six boots teased belongs to. That one boot is the first one and it belongs to the sorcerer/summoner/warlock, Quan Chi who was recently revealed this past Thursday in Moscow, Russia.

However, five boots still remain. Are these all boots to upcoming character reveals? After all, many thought the boot confirmed to be Quan Chi's would be an alternate skin to Scorpion.

Who do the other boots belong to?

boots.png

Source: @noobde via Shoryuken

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Im more so curious about the second and last boot. Who in the MK universe wears a coat/cape besides Kabal? I have a feeling the last boot is a ninja.

coolwhip

Noob
Just throwing a far fetched theory out there:

Remember how in the MK9 storyline, Quan Chi captures the souls of EarthRealm warriors, and you're forced to fight them in a gauntlet as Raiden when you go to the NetherRealm to confront Quan Chi? You fought six characters: Jax, Stryker, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao and Nightwolf. Now, I know the picture has five boots remaining and not six, but what if the boots belonged to five of these guys? I can see #3 being Kung Lao, the female being Kitana, the second one being Kabal, and the last two being Jax and Nightwolf (because fuck Stryker).

I know this is almost 99% not going to be the case, but a man can dream.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hmmm look at the second picture from the right. Look familiar anyone?

Here is Jax:

Here is Jax's boots:

Here is picture number 5:

I think we got ourselves a Jax confirmination. But that could be too easy to believe, maybe that's exactly what Boon wanted us to think. He wanted us to think it would be Jax. Or maybe he wanted us to think that he'd think we wanted him to think that we'd think it was Jax. Looks like we've got to make a good read haha

BRUTALITY

Banned
I think we got ourselves a Jax confirmination. But that could be too easy to believe, maybe that's exactly what Boon wanted us to think. He wanted us to think it would be Jax. Or maybe he wanted us to think that he'd think we wanted him to think that we'd think it was Jax. Looks like we've got to make a good read haha
i also think jax

I think there's 7 actually.

In the most right picture, there seems to be a feminine leg/boot behind the main one portrayed.... Kinda looks like a female ninja boot...

seems to be of a white or bright tint.... maybe ashrah or tanya?

babalook

Noob
i just wanna know whose in the trench coat....maybe the guy with the roshak hat from the roster silhouettes

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Second puc didn't necessarily need to have a trench coat. It could be a long robe like Shinnok has. There's no way to tell

All I know is that they've made it VERY obvious that the most important story characters are getting revealed first so Shinnok isn't too far away in being revealed.

Reason for being a major importance to story:

Scorp/Sub = obvious
Raiden = obvious
Quan Chi = obvious
Kano =will have a huge role in Cassie/Sonya/Johnny's side of the story

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
If one of those boots is Noob, I'll video tape my rough ejaculation and write long, drawn out posts about Catwoman matchups

in white text.
The only ones that could possibly be Noob are 2 and 5. Possibly 6? Idk... :(

coolwhip

Noob
It would be hella awesome if one of Cassie's variations had Kano's upball move and we're all like "WTF?" and in the story mode it is revealed that Kano is the father because he, erm...forced himself on Sonya and then killed Johnny. Now Cassie's all hellbent on revenge and shit.

Either that, or I just had too much to drink and these weird ideas are randomly popping in my head. Not to mention I'm looking for any excuse to have Sonya tormented. Fucking bitch.

Last edited:

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I just want him to reveal one each week. I can't fucking take another wait like the last one. DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW HYPE THAT SWORD GOING RIGHT INTO HIS MOUTH WAS?! DON'T MAKE ME WAIT AGAIN, BOON! DON'T DO IT!
Great. Now if they DONT reveal one each week I'll claw my face off because I cant contain the hype.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
If one of these were Noob I would bet on it being the last one. But I don't think he's among them.
Yeah I don't think so either.

2. I don't have a clue
3. Looks like it could be Lui Kang, Kung Lao, or someone along those lines.
4. I'm guessing Kitana or Tanya
5. Definitely could be Jax
6. Some sort of bad guy

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
It would be hella awesome if one of Cassie's variations had Kano's upball move and we're all like "WTF?" and in the story mode it is revealed that Kano is the father because he, erm...forced himself on Sonya and then killed Johnny. Now Cassie's all hellbent on revenge and shit.
LMAO! For those who thought swallowing swords and popping eyeballs was too dark, MKX now presents rape plot-lines in story mode!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!

Either that, or I just had too much to drink and I'm these weird ideas are randomly popping. Not to mention I'm looking for any excuse to have Sonya tormented. Fucking bitch.
Boon has already confirmed that Cassie is Sonya and Johnny's daughter, not Sonya and Kano's.

*goes to throw up at the thought of Kano raping Sonya*