What's new

Boon hints at July 12 (EVO) Mortal Kombat X Character Reveal

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As we all know, NetherRealm Studios has great passion and love for the fighting game community. They have made it clear that they will be in attendance at this year's Evolution Championship Series in Las Vegas come July 11-13 2014. On top of this, Ed Boon and party know their fans are hungry, perhaps starving for another Mortal Kombat X character reveal.

Well, you ask and you shall receive. In a recent tweet from Boon he has replied in his classic cryptic fashion. When asked, "RT @MrSpab @noobde are u guys gonna update us on some news for MKX? Possibly at EVO pls respond D:", Boon replied - now, find the clue. "EB: We're rea11y looking forward to soon."

The word "really" is spelled with ones instead of L's, hinting at July 11th, the first day of Evolution.

july11.png

Source: @noobde
Credit: @Konqrr

Attachments

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
They already revealed MK9 and new chars so I'm thinking a MK4 char for evo?

Idk man they gotta bring back KL somehow... I'll just miss instant tele 3 too much. :(

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I honestly started reading the title and thought July 11th was the release date for the game... My heart started pounding and I said pretty loudly "OH MY GAWD!". Then I re-read it and my heart sank.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I want Fujin and Tremor therefore, they will probably either not be in the game or be the very last to be revealed.

I don't care about Drahmin or Hso Hao therefore, they'll probably be revealed at... oh wait.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Can't wait to see what they show. MK is one of the few series left that I get excited for when some news comes out or some reveals.