What's new

Blackula Wins I:GAU at VA Tourney Top of the Food Chain 2; Kevo Da Man Wins MK9

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The Virginia/Maryland area is home to a beloved and very dedicated group of fighters, including the PTH crew, and veteran MK9/I:GAU player and event organizer Blackula. Last weekend, on June 1st, they held the second tournament in a new bi-monthly series of locals entitled "Top of the Food Chain". With the first event being held recently and drawing 14 Injustice players, the numbers sprung up to 37 for this edition of the tournament, which was more than any other game (including UMvC3 and Street Fighter: AE).

The event featured some great gameplay from a number of recognizeable tournament faces, including PTH| astronout, Lulzlou, Relaxedstate, former MK9 UFGT champ Kevo Da Man and Blackula himself, who was both playing and hosting the event.

When the smoke cleared, Blackula and his Green Lantern blazed through the bracket and took home the top placing -- only dropping one game in the entire tournament! Here are the full results:

1. Blackula - Green Lantern
2. Hatake Osawa - Black Adam
3. PTH| Mr Aquaman - Ares, Aquaman
4. Evid3nts - Nightwing
5. PTH| LulzLou - Nightwing
5. Chronos - Superman
7. War Machine (Ezail) - Killer Frost
7. PTH| Relaxed State - Cyborg

9. PTH| Srryimwhte
9. PTH| Astronout
9. PTH| BD Mao
9. Sorrow Gamer

13. Dark Steel
13. Rezo
13. Sid The Haze
13. TH

17. Agent
17. Fuerte
17. Zappa
17. Xeon
17. Pitzer
17. Kevo Da Man
17. Yami RyuJin
17. Mr Snow

25. SMP
25. That Guy
25. Dunham
25. NordicNinja
25. Cross Fate
25. General Roxus
25. To The Detail
25. David Mather
33. Comatonic
33. Enigma
33. PTH| Korpse
33. PTH| Flipin Flava
33. Vegeta

(Full bracket here: www.challonge.com/totfc2igau)

Check out the archive footage of the tournament here:
http://www.twitch.tv/totfc1/b/411264232?t=5h16m (Bracket Play)
http://www.twitch.tv/totfc1/b/411264232?t=6h59m (Top 8)

In addition, an MK9 tournament was held at the event, and Kevo Da Man, who is in the midst of a comeback after a prolonged hiatus, took 1st. Click below for the full results:
1. Kevo Da Man - Kung Lao, Kabal
2. Blackula - Kenshi
3. LulzLou - Kabal
4. War Machine - Kung Lao
5. Relaxed State - Kabal
5. Sorrow Gamer - Nightwolf
7. Mr Aquaman - Rain
7. Sid The Haze - ?

9. Nordic Ninja
9. Zappa

Full Bracket

If you live in the area, make sure not to miss the next edition of TotFC, which is being held on August 3:
https://www.facebook.com/events/513457192042358/

Here's a short video of the venue, 'Refuge', in Chesapeake, VA, which features a spacious game floor and some nice areas to relax: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0FK392gVRACNVNIT2pXVmxCR0U/edit?pli=1

The Delaware/Maryland/Virgina area is bursting with local offline action; if you're located nearby, be sure to check out some of the monthly and weekly meet ups taking place in North Virginia at CFAS in Manassas (near D.C), Xandu Gaming (near Baltimore), and South Virginia (near Richmond) with Blackula.

Check http://testyourmight.com/forums/north-american-tournaments-events.13/ for local upcoming events!

Credit:
Blackula
Relaxedstate

Attachments

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Awesome, Blackula. Props dude. Way to keep up the trend of Tekken players owning in Injustice hahaha
Well Vegeta won Tekken I think. And then got beat by me and Kevo to go 0-2 :p lol. He was a really nice guy, and I think he was still in tekken mode. I am sure he will be a force to be reckoned with once he puts in some time to Injustice.

Great tournament though. Shoutouts to my PTH boys and good stuff to Blackula!

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Congrats blackula! Hope to see you at EVO!

Already registered. I will be getting my plane ticket as soon as this loan money gets deposited into my account.

Well Vegeta won Tekken I think. And then got beat by me and Kevo to go 0-2 :p lol. He was a really nice guy, and I think he was still in tekken mode. I am sure he will be a force to be reckoned with once he puts in some time to Injustice.

Great tournament though. Shoutouts to my PTH boys and good stuff to Blackula!

Vegeta is still trying to figure out what he wants to do with Raven. He's also very interested in Batgirl and Scorpion since he was a Scorpion main in MK.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Kevo's Revenge. I love it.
The dude is hype wherever he goes now.
I hope he takes Kabal and tears people to shreds. Biggity Bam.

GO BLACKULA LANTERN GO :D

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Blackula how did you guys let kevo win?

i blame Lulzlou

And where was xKhaoTik when u need him?

Don't be mad after I tell you this.

I was coming from Winners and he was coming from Losers. I went up 2-0 and so close to taking the tourney. He then won 3 straight to reset the bracket and then won 3 straight again to win the tourney. And no, he didn't win with Kabal.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Evil was allowed to prevail that day... a sad day when the darkness in the land grew stronger

xKhaoTik next time your staying over at my place the night before! We can't take any more chances
this is what i need to hear

Khao you must go next time even if i come up there and drive u myself

You and relax got this