What's new

Bigfool (Piercing Mileena/Kobu Jutsu Tanya) Wins Glasgow Kombat X

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
With Glasgow Kombat going into its 10th weekly bracket running we decided to celebrate by naming this week Glasgow Kombat X! With it came a new kombatant: Chav Master. Although a regular appearance at the venue, it was only this week that he decided he'd take part in the bracket and with his inclusion we saw Brawler Cassie being played! Missing this week were Superjohn, Shoddyplum, Rareqq, Suleymon and Redking unfortunately but hopefully we'll see some return next week :)

This week was important for some of us as we'd be attending a tournament in Kirkcaldy at the weekend, so the winner would be carrying the momentum going forward to November Reign. The importance of this week was apparent as players were pulling off some amazing plays and bringing games, matches, entire sets down to the wire!

Here's your top 3 for this week:
1st. Bigfool (Piercing Mileena / Kobu Jutsu Tanya)
2nd. Youphemism (Special Forces Sonya / Cybernetic Kano / Flame Fist Liu Kang / Hat Trick/Tempest Lao / Spec Ops Cassie / Balanced Kenshi / Sorcerer Quan)
3rd. Nausea (Master of Souls/Spectral Ermac / Ethereal Mileena / A-List Johnny / Deceptive Reptile)

From left to right: Nausea, Bigfool, Youphemism

Commiserations to:
Scott the Scot (Hollywood Cassie Cage / Outlaw Erron Black)
Ricey (Necromancer Shinnok / Thunder God Raiden)
Azarath (Venomous D'Vorah)
Rocket (Inferno/Ninjutsu Scorpion)
Chav Master (Brawler Cassie)

The full bracket can be found here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgowx

This week saw the last week before (some of the people from) Glasgow Kombat's first outing to a tournament in Scotland so the winner of this week would have an important advantage going into this weekend. Noone was willing to go down easily and made sure each match was as close as they could get it to be. Whether they counterpicked or downloaded their opponent, each player made sure they were playing their best and this showed in some of the matches where it was super close, super hype and super exciting to watch! Some major comebacks, last hit sets and multiple variations of some characters being seen make this week one to watch!

Of course if there are more Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! You don't even have to take part in the tournament if you don't want to, you're welcome to come play casuals in MK9, Injustice or MKX with us all night if that's what you prefer. Either way we're to help you out as much as we can because it helps us too :) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here : http://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm. If you're getting the train go to Glasgow Central then get another to High Street, MaxXP is just round the corner! Entry fee is £3. Tournament signups start at 6pm and the tournament starts at 6:30pm.

Also, not sure if a thread is being made for it or not (unfortunately I don't have the time to make it right now) but November Reign happened in Kirkcaldy at the weekend and here are the results for that!

1st. Nausea - Master of Souls/Spectral Ermac
2nd. Youphemism - Special Forces Sonya/Cybernetic Kano/Hollywood Cassie
3rd. Azarath - Venomous D'Vorah

From left to right: Youphemism, Azarath, Nausea (and one of the tournaments organizers, CJay, lol)

The only three of us there from Glasgow Kombat took top 3 so we were pretty chuffed :D Shoutouts to Turbo Tuesdays for having us and shoutouts to TheOldHero and Dildog, it was cool to meet you guys and hopefully we'll see you soon at GK! There's also an archive for the event you can check out at http://www.twitch.tv/turbotuesdays/b/683338406 (starts at 3:30) and the bracket is here: http://www.challonge.com/NovemberReignMKX

@BigFool
@Nausea
@Scott The Scot
@Azxrath.
@Rocket
@Red King
@SuperJohn
@Rearawt
@Wigy
@Hawfy
@VSTheJanitor
@TheOldHero
@JustinXavier21
@PND_Ketchup
@PND_Mustard
@Tim Static
@Hollywood DMS

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
Sleep schedule fucked. Concept of reality fucked. Days are meshing into one. I can't keep up with these "days" and stuff man. Yeah, tomorrow :/
Fucking feels, screw time anyway all it ever does is make people late and slowly kills everything so keep thinking it's the wrong day, no one likes time.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Fucking feels, screw time anyway all it ever does is make people late and slowly kills everything so keep thinking it's the wrong day, no one likes time.
I swear, you're a hidden gem man. Hands down best poster on TYM lol

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
I keep getting 2nd place, does that make me the REO of Scotland? :DOGE
and i'm a sarcastic, witty fuck with knowledge of engineering so does that make me baird, no it don't so keep dreaming mate, cause the more you dream the more you have to accomplish cause like the lunatic said don't let your dreams be dreams.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Y'all just focus on being ready for Hypespotting - we're in stasis right now but best believe ED is coming to smack the MK out of Glasgow.

*knocks a flowerpot off a shelf and walks out*

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
Y'all just focus on being ready for Hypespotting - we're in stasis right now but best believe ED is coming to smack the MK out of Glasgow.

How's charles? and thanks for being so considerate about the virtual goons who have to clean that up.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Hahaha that's cute, maybe you missed the part where we demolished the rest of the Scottish scene at the last competition we went to. I personally pictured your face when I was busy annihilating, it's all that could go through my head considering how free you guys are...