What's new

Tech - Mystic Big D Presents The "Mystic Shimmy"

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Hey everyone! After careful consideration, I have decided to show off the Mystic tech that I have been teasing for the past week or so.
As said in the video, this works with ALL projectiles in the game. So feel free to explore it!

PLEASE NOTE! If this has been found before I apologize; I have not seen any videos about it anywhere, so I decided to share the wealth. In all honesty, I'd be pretty surprised if no one has found this yet..Anyway, enjoy!

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that I made a mistake in the video. EX Push is -6 on block. I was thinking of the beta when it was -1. Sorry!

@Beyond Toxin @zaf @Metzos @YOMI REO @Entire MKXL Community!

Attachments

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This...is awesome. Great stuff, man. I've missed playing Ermac, so this is definitely a reason to pick up my favorite character again. Mystic was the variation I assumed I'd like the most, but I never put much time into it because everyone just played MoS.

Also....in before someone posts "this is day 1 tech and nothing new" in here.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
What about EX Chakram and other boomerang projectiles? Maybe best to do it when the projectile is on the way back? Has to be tougher.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Apparently this was day 1 tech, but this is literally the first time I've heard about this. It's probably mentioned once somewhere in the general discussion thread then.

In any case this is really, really good for Mystic. Finally something that makes his variation-specific special very worth it.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
already knew about it but didnt know the damage potential from the trade. I will definitely will practice this and see what else i can find.

Thanks for tagging me @ArmedCalf and thanks for the tech @Big D :)

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Apparently this was day 1 tech, but this is literally the first time I've heard about this. It's probably mentioned once somewhere in the general discussion thread then.

In any case this is really, really good for Mystic. Finally something that makes his variation-specific special very worth it.
its been know for a while by some people, as you stated, i think its stated somewhere in the general discussion thread. It wasnt really brought to light though because, lbsh, like 10 people used mystic before XL

zaf

professor
Good stuff Ryan. This was known before but there were not really any videos like this. So props for creating this.

Just wanted to note that ex push is -6 and not -1. It didn't stay the same from the beta.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Way to fuck with the system, D.

Some really neat stuff. Tech like this is why I love this website and I don't even play Ermac.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Or this is unintended, or it's another proof of the zero coherence that nrs has: When you throw a teleflurry with Kenshi, if a projectile hits you while the teleflurry is hitting the opponent, the animation stops and the opponent does not get hit by the three hits, and you are left in negative.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Way to fuck with the system, D.

Some really neat stuff. Tech like this is why I love this website and I don't even play Ermac.
Thats what its all about. Unfortunately it looks like this is not new to EVERYONE, but for the majority who haven't seen it, it feels good to share it with them. I hope to stumble on some more gems as time goes on :)