What's new

Question Best/Worst stages for flash

I don't really think he has a best stage because his interactable usage is kind of bad but if I had to choose I would say hall of justice. He's got a back ground bounce, can use both corner interactables and the roomba helps. His worst stage IMO is insurgency

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Insurgency - Lex's Lab is the worst for him. Best is Gotham City - Alley. That dumpster can dish out a ton of quick damage and if they aren't a power character the best they can do is not throw it back to you and hope you don't switch sides again. Arkham/Joker's Asylum - Mess Hall is also pretty good. He can throw 3 things and one of them doesn't break when it hits.

Insurgency - Lex's Lab is the worst for him. Best is Gotham City - Alley. That dumpster can dish out a ton of quick damage and if they aren't a power character the best they can do is not throw it back to you and hope you don't switch sides again. Arkham/Joker's Asylum - Mess Hall is also pretty good. He can throw 3 things and one of them doesn't break when it hits.
I forgot about alley lol

I don't really think he has a best stage because his interactable usage is kind of bad but if I had to choose I would say hall of justice. He's got a back ground bounce, can use both corner interactables and the roomba helps. His worst stage IMO is insurgency
I agree that Gotham and hall of justice are two of the best stages for flash... The dumpster OTGs after starter d2, 11, b22 or b22f3 interact for a free 18% damage... Also the bat signal in the corner is useful for unclashable damage... The roombas on HoJ can also be abused and can use the MB b/f3 glitch for HUGE damage! Flash also does well on pretty much all other stages as well cause of his speed dodge but I agree that insurgency has nothing for him to really utilize and I dislike rooftop as well...

I know that he can OTG in jokers asylum, fortress of solitude and wayne manor piano as well... do you guys know of other interactables that flash can use to OTG?

I'd like to know the answer to that question from other flash players so I'm gonna tag the people that I know use him...

@Zyphox
@AK Harold
@WITNESS
@SidTheHaze
@SEV
@BoricuaHeat
@HoneyBee

and all others that I didn't mention... so sorry if I forgot anyone as I am on the other side of the globe lol

Last edited:

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Uh wtf? Do you guys realize that you can fucking D1D2 into fucking any interactable or b22 into one? His best stage is Ferris Aircraft or Watchtower. You get free interactables all day, especially that missile in the corner. I have a bunch of set ups with it. Sorry i'm not HOLLYWOOD, but just check out that stage and figure out set ups, or Wayne Manor with the piano, or Atlantis in the corner, stupid good interactacble after b22 or d1d2. He legit has a bunch of good set ups with any interactable near him and doing either of these strings.

Fortress of solitude. Free combo teleports all day.
Very true! Meterless combo options using the right corner interactable from b22f3 or hit confirming rms to f1 or just raw lightning charge... Although I wouldn't want to fight a green arrow on this stage lol

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Although I wouldn't want to fight a green arrow on this stage lol
Yeah try fighting a solid Grundy there.
Hall of Justice Plaza is a good stage but you don't wanna send your opponent through the level transition especially if he's a power character.
Personnally, i'd pick Wayne Manor. It's probably the best stage for Flash whether at the entrance or the great room. They both have BGB, and you can get an easy meterless 51% out of the car! Plus, if you can get a standing reset from midscreen all the way through the corner, you'll get an unblockable 20% for free. I tried this a few times already. I'll send you some vids as soon as I get home.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Uh wtf? Do you guys realize that you can fucking D1D2 into fucking any interactable or b22 into one? His best stage is Ferris Aircraft or Watchtower. You get free interactables all day, especially that missile in the corner. I have a bunch of set ups with it. Sorry i'm not HOLLYWOOD, but just check out that stage and figure out set ups, or Wayne Manor with the piano, or Atlantis in the corner, stupid good interactacble after b22 or d1d2. He legit has a bunch of good set ups with any interactable near him and doing either of these strings.
This is how i pictured you in my mind saying all of this.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
hit confirm f21 into background bounce, b3, j3 into b22f3 is an easy 40+% meterless
I'd only go for f2,1~anything as a punish or a player you know will be ducking. You can be full combo punished if they block the f2 and duck the 1. When going in with f2 I always go for f2~LK instead of f2,1.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I'd only go for f2,1~anything as a punish or a player you know will be ducking. You can be full combo punished if they block the f2 and duck the 1. When going in with f2 I always go for f2~LK instead of f2,1.
ya I forgot to mention that. generally for a LK MB i'll just F2. I forgot to mention as a whiff punish

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Uh wtf? Do you guys realize that you can fucking D1D2 into fucking any interactable or b22 into one?
Uh, I'd hate to burst your bubble Broba, but no.
You cannot d1d2 into interactables. Only d1 interactable. And b22 is stance specific. Go try it out. Your best option for a BGB is a f2/ LCmb 11 b22 BGB / j3 BGB and f3 11 b22 BGB

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
You cannot d1d2 into interactables. Only d1 interactable. And b22 is stance specific. Go try it out. Your best option for a BGB is a f2/ LCmb 11 b22 BGB / j3 BGB and f3 11 b22 BGB
You can cancel any string that cancels into a special into an interactable. Do you mean d1d2 doesn't combo?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i think he means like d1d2 pig or b22 dumpster, they give the most cancel advantage. also f2 or f21 works well. i personally like b22f3 because then i can mix it up with SP if they try to interrupt it for full combo. but broba response was a little dramatic i'll admit.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
You can cancel any string that cancels into a special into an interactable. Do you mean d1d2 doesn't combo?
No I meant you can't cancel d1d2 into a background bounce. The d2 puts a distance between you and your opponent, but as Zyphox said, d1d2 pig or dumpster works fine.
i personally like b22f3 because then i can mix it up with SP if they try to interrupt it for full combo.
^This. I absolutely love to do that against Doomsdays and Aquas. Man I was just messing with Broba hahaha

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Flash punishes with back 22. F21 has more damage scaling. Also it's part of his 50/50 why use it only as a punish? Also build the habit of canceling into sonic pound instead of LK , even less damage scaling

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Flash punishes with back 22. F21 has more damage scaling. Also it's part of his 50/50 why use it only as a punish? Also build the habit of canceling into sonic pound instead of LK , even less damage scaling
I mean only use F2,1 instead of just f2 since f2,1 can be punished on block of the f2. Damage scaling is only slightly different between sonic pound and LK. To me it isn't worth it. LK I can add another layer if they block by either charging a moment then letting go to blow up a counter poke, back dash, forward dash, let go right away. Sonic pound can also be d2 by several characters if you do it without hit confirming.

SEV

Noob
Broseph, you're the Flash of Mandalore. It doesn't get more Horrywood than that.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
LOL, ok. You can definitely d1d2 into trash can, pig, rockets, etc same with b22. I may have been drunk when posting this stuff but it was all indeed factual.

EDIT: Where the fudge did I mention background bounces? Anyone? Haha.

Last edited: