What's new

Best display of footsies for IGAU at MLG IMO: WhiteBoy vs Kaotic Zombie

Before you bring out the pitchforks, hear me out, this match was one of my most favorite to watch out of all the matches. Mainly due to how consistently whiteboi was whiffpunishing f3 and great use of spacing. Both players played exceptionally well, credit to both them.

I'll put some time stamps below but here's the match:

First Match
3:27 The match opens up with both players neutral jumping back, respecting each others space. After Whiteboi ducks the lazer, he dashes in then hops back, putting him right outside of f3 range. Kaotic Zombie is baited into trying to trip guard and Whiteboi immediately whiff punishes with d1Xearthshaker. Excellent display of spacing just for the opening of the match alone.

3:36-4:05 Kaotic puts up great offense, completely changing the momentum of the match and trying his best to stay on his feet, only jumping to avoid incoming pressure from Whiteboi

4:06-4:22 Kaotic switches into more of a keep away, hit and run game. Also, he reads that Whiteboi has been dashing forward after ducking his heatvision, so he finishes it out with a superpunch. Lazers have fast recovery, so it gives him enough time to throw it out the punch before doomsday can recover on his forward dash

4:24 Kaotic Jumps and Whiteboi uses a shoulder to get out the corner. Unsure if it was intentional though, but if it was, really smart move

4:27 Kaotic stays at a good range to avoid the earthshaker, but tries to dash in to punish and is hit by another one. For this mistake, he is pushed into the corner and loses nearly half his health (also great read by whiteboi with the antiair)

Second Match
5:42 Both players walk back, respecting their space. At first Kaotic has the momentum but it all changes after one read

5:48 Whiteboi reads the interactable and punishes with shoulder charge. Now Khaotic is in the corner, and loses the first round

6:15 Kaotic reads the jump in, dashes forward, and punishes with f2,3 to take the round

6:53 Yet again, another great display of spacing by Whiteboi. Stays right out of f3 range and whiff punishes with d1xearthshaker

Third Match
7:42 A bit of a neutral game here and whiteboi is successful in scoring the knockdown. He gets caught with the wakeup scoop however, but still manages to take the round

8:08 punished dash in by Kaotic Zombie. Changes the momentum of the match

8:37 Superman's grab misses and Whiteboi reacts by trying to a grab of his own but misses also. I mention this because the grab by Kaotic could have been used as a great bait for a f2,3 punish. Hindsight is 20/20, but would have been an insane read haha

9:00 Kaotic does f2,3 breath and backdashes and get the trip guard on doomday's body splash

9:15 Whiteboi throws out a d1 then walks back. Kaotic attempt to his f3, but it whiffs and yet again a great whiff punish by Whiteboi

9:16-9:28
Insane. Uses the wakeup rising grab to catch the shoulder charge (or dash in, couldn't see it was too fast). Then does a neutral jump to get doomsday to waste a bar so whiteboi has no meter. Finishes the match with a grab to prevent any clash. Huge momentum shift

Fourth match
10:01 Both players are starting to respect their opponents space now that the match is getting close. We see a bit of a neutral game here, and whiteboi even takes a brief step forward, then back, to get Kaotic to whiff a f3 but fails to punish (traits instead).

10:13 Still we are seeing a neutral game with a lot of neutral jump to bait a trip guard. Kaotic attempts to walk forward, but Whiteboi goes for a shouldercharge to force him into the corner

10:23
Kaotic decides not to wake up or dash back. This in large part is due to the fact that whiteboi had been punishing his wakeup backdashes with shoulder charge multiple times before. Right when Kaotic realizes it isn't coming, it's too late, and gets hit with d1xearthshaker

10:31 Kaotic reads the backdash after breath, punishes with f2,3

10:36 another great whiff punish by whiteboi to get out the corner

10:41 a bit of a neutral game here again, and whiteboi almost whiff punishes b3 again. Still he gets Kaotic back in the corner

11:04 Not a 100% sure if this was a punish, but whiteboi dashes in and ducks the lazer and lands a successful meterburn shoulder-charge afterward

11:33 After a bit of more neutral game, Kaotic Zombie lands a jump-in but tries to go for another. He is then whiff punished when he attempts to go for the string afterward with d1xearthshaker. Great awareness by whiteboi

11:35 Whether intentional or not, what Whiteboi does here is footsies 101. He throws out the d1 after the backdash, making him appear that he could be whiff punished. He then takes a brief walk back, and when Kaotic takes the bait, he punishes with d1 shoulder-charge to put his opponent in the corner.

11:40 Was really surprised at this part. Kaotic is able to walk (or fly to be specific) right in front of doomsday's face for a brief moment. Just shows the level of respect they are going each other. Pretty much a dare to press a button.

Final Round
12:37 Grab's Kaotic right out of the f3 into the corner. Right afterward, he uses trait to avoid the wakeup and punishes with d1xearthshaker

13:08
some great spacing by Kaotic Zombie, even avoiding the earthshaker. However, he steps to close and get's hit by the d1xshouler-charge in to the corner.

13:15
Yet another whiff punish of f2 by Whiteboi.

13:45 Whiteboi punishes the dash in after the blocked f3

13:55 Instead of taking the bait off the f2,3 breath, whiteboi continues to walk back. Kaotic tries to take advantage of this hesitation and dashes foward with f2,3. Whiteboi punishes this with shoulder charge.

14:18 Whiteboi begins to zone with his d1 to keep Kaotic from dashing in. He then catches Kaotic with the shouler-charge

14:28-14:43 Whiteboi plays a solid neutral game here, and finishes it out with an anti-air grab.

If there is too many typos, I apologize, wrote this in the middle of the night lol. Felt this was a really good match and great play by both players. Never seen a doomsday play a spacing game that well so props to whiteboi. :)

Doomsday cares about spacing?
What kind of sick joke is this?
lol, I didn't believe it either until I saw the match. It's probably why I enjoyed this match the most. Felt whiteboi played it well, and won most of the time in the neutral game which lead him to win the match. Good stuff to him. :D

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I am sorry but all I see from doomsday players is Shoulder Charge and corner okis with d1, MB Earthshaker, dash, repeat