What's new

"Believe in magic yet?" - Zatanna Match-Up Discussion thread

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
Nice to find a forum where people arent fighting over matchups lol what do u guys think of zat vs nw? Sorry if u guys have already discussed this but i dont have the time to read 14 pages.

kevkopdx

Noob
Well crap. So after MB trance just start blocking and hope for the best?
there are certain things you can prepare for:
after mb trance z can perform a full combo(if mb trance is the first hit) which most players will also end with a regular trance, just start pushing buttons and hope you can get a hit..
otherwise look for her 50/50 which is often f21...
her standing 3 is a frame trap .. best to block low afterwards to avoid getting hit by multikicks or trance..
she has way too many mix ups to list, find someone to practice with!

dagga

Noob
So this is old news, but her hitbox while d3'ing is ridiculously low. Easily ducks Harleys mid hitting shot, and the Bola, but the timing is a bit trickier for Bola.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So this is old news, but her hitbox while d3'ing is ridiculously low. Easily ducks Harleys mid hitting shot, and the Bola, but the timing is a bit trickier for Bola.
Yep, it ducks push from Martian and lasso spin from wonder woman allowing a full combo punish

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
I try to not let him get close enough to test this
You never know lol he can actually zone her really well in staff and force her to come in but she can continue doing rings, but if she does puppet master and nw blocks he gets to just harass her with gp until she comes in

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
You never know lol he can actually zone her really well in staff and force her to come in but she can continue doing rings, but if she does puppet master and nw blocks he gets to just harass her with gp until she comes in
Any lag and ground pound is impossible to deal with

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Nice to find a forum where people arent fighting over matchups lol what do u guys think of zat vs nw? Sorry if u guys have already discussed this but i dont have the time to read 14 pages.
It's 5-5 IMO but i have to play this more, some NW players say she wins, but i think he can handle her zoning really well, and Zatanna struggles up close with good rushdown characters.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Oh something I should also mention while talking about b1 is against Grundy, you can use b1 to low profile so his cleaver, walking corpse, and trait grab all whiff. It is also known you can do the safe with arachnid sting and fear blast. Much like how Zod and WW can her sweep lets her go under a lot of things. EX: Zod balls, Ares MB fireballs, NW's escrima fury, all of raven's wakeups except teleport, Lanturn's mini-gun, and if timed right, can go under Deathstroke's sword spin. Lastly, against Lex, and if timed right, you can use sweep to avoid Lex probes.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Opinions on the Lobo MU?
She wins IMO, teleports are a problem for him. fireball, trait and rings are as well, but MB hook charge and trait shots can give her some trouble at determined range, also when he is up close she has a hard time dealing with him. I would say 6-4.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Oh something I should also mention while talking about b1 is against Grundy, you can use b1 to low profile so his cleaver, walking corpse, and trait grab all whiff. It is also known you can do the safe with arachnid sting and fear blast. Much like how Zod and WW can her sweep lets her go under a lot of things. EX: Zod balls, Ares MB fireballs, NW's escrima fury, all of raven's wakeups except teleport, Lanturn's mini-gun, and if timed right, can go under Deathstroke's sword spin. Lastly, against Lex, and if timed right, you can use sweep to avoid Lex probes.
The timing is kinda hard tho :/ but yeah it's good to know this, i actually use dive kick to dodge the pig, wake ups and other stuff, she lowers her hitbox for a lot of time so it's easier to dodge things.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
It's 5-5 IMO but i have to play this more, some NW players say she wins, but i think he can handle her zoning really well, and Zatanna struggles up close with good rushdown characters.
How? I can't see how this is 5-5. Unless I'm just ass, (which is a high probability) I've recently been playing against a NW player and I just can't seem to do anything. His zoning beats her and I can't teleport in otherwise D1 on reaction from him. Not to mention how goddamn impossible her inputs are online, this coming from someone who mained Kabal in MK and had no problems with inputs, even online. Tips please?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
How? I can't see how this is 5-5. Unless I'm just ass, (which is a high probability) I've recently been playing against a NW player and I just can't seem to do anything. His zoning beats her and I can't teleport in otherwise D1 on reaction from him. Not to mention how goddamn impossible her inputs are online, this coming from someone who mained Kabal in MK and had no problems with inputs, even online. Tips please?
Well from what I've played Nightwing can't zone her at all, use your rings, they will trade with staff ground pound and i think she wins the trade, you can teleport on read to make his ground pounds whiff and punish, use her fullscreen frame traps once in a while, if he is in escrima stance you can zone him perfectly, also uf you have a life lead you can loop her levitate~backward teleport and there's nothing he can do. I think it's 5-5 but i need to play this mu more tho

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
NW has a REALLY shitty time anywhere on the screen that isn't jump distance. His mixups on knockdown are one of his strong points, but Zatanna bypasses them by wake-up teleporting and there isn't much NW can do about it, except dash right into a wake-up multi-kick. It can seem hard once NW gets his ground pounds going but once you learn what to respect, one mb ring is all you need and he is completely fucked in staff stance, he has to take a real beating in order to get into escrima. It seems like most people struggle with the ground pounds, but Zatanna doesn't have to get bullied by it, you just have to know how to gain the zoning advantage. Teleporting in is pretty pointless unless you read a ground pound or wing dings, other than that Zatanna doesn't need to get in, all she has to do is throw rings, trait up and run away.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
@Phosferrax - Yeah, I haven't played the matchup nearly enough. I think I was just getting frustrated by GP's and then just auto-piloting until eventually switching characters, and just teleporting at the wrong times. I'm not patient enough with Zatty, which I need to be. Appreciate the help !