What's new

Match-up Discussion Becoming the Pope - The General Zod Matchup Thread

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Instead of reading through 23 pages of posts dating back to July, I figured I would just go ahead and ask: What is the opinion of any player not named M2Dave on the Deathstroke MU? After playing Pig for a long set a few weeks ago it feels tough but winnable. (I've got tons of respect for you, Dave, but I already know your thoughts...)
debateable

id say 5-5 or 6-4 zod

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Thank u for not being a bane downplayer
Grr beat viking to win the break last night, both viking and Grr are leveling up, viking and Grr beat rico as well as myself last night. viking is getting better, he might be on you and daves level, and he's clutch when it matters.

Pig Of The Hut

Grr beat viking to win the break last night, both viking and Grr are leveling up, viking and Grr beat rico as well as myself last night. viking is getting better, he might be on you and daves level, and he's clutch when it matters.
No he's not

IMO Viking needs to work severely on aqua MU, bane (bipolar ,max) lex. And other MUs and I'm sure he knows this
He thinks lex beats ZOD
No

If Viking can't beat Dave sinestro it's an issue

And Rico can never beat a ZOD even a Aquaman

Pig Of The Hut

Also I hope grr is leveling up because two weeks ago people were having to tell him to command grab more and noticed he only did it when he had ample time. He never command grabbed ever on OKi

Bane is broke and sooner bane players realize it the better they get quicker

Zyphox

No he's not

IMO Viking needs to work severely on aqua MU, bane (bipolar ,max) lex. And other MUs and I'm sure he knows this
He thinks lex beats ZOD
No

so your telling me he's not on your guys level? or that he's not getting better? viking only play online exclusively for a long time until WB, since then he has been improving and getting better, and now he will have more time to go out and get practice. also your flawed logic makes me laugh, harold doesn't know X MU but IMO and if he loses to Y players character it's an issue. he's not on my level bro. i bet you by MLG no one on the east coast will be losing to ZOD, i will personally make sure of this.

Zyphox

Also I hope grr is leveling up because two weeks ago people were having to tell him to command grab more and noticed he only did it when he had ample time. He never command grabbed ever on OKi

Grr has his own style what is the problem with him not doing Command grabs for oki? he sure as hell used it on me, he won two games with that exact tactic. and even if he never used it, its his style, i never used RMS like harold, (still don't as much as he does) and i've gotten results. #whathappenedtothenewleaf ?

First off, grats to Grr. But in all fairness the command grab has been mentioned a lot of times because it really could expand his game. Just like I have a tendency to use it a bit to much. Its just about having that threat there. The oki would be scarier if the threat of low overhead, overhead, tick throw and command grab were there. Not to mention baiting and all the regular things. And there is work for them both to put into the matchup, its obvious. This isn't a blowup its just truth. Bane and zod are so awkward that it takes a long ass time to learn it.

But back on topic lol. I'll be glad to help with the mu. And I hope I never hear the words bane and downplayed again lol.

Pig Of The Hut

so your telling me he's not on your guys level? or that he's not getting better? viking only play online exclusively for a long time until WB, since then he has been improving and getting better, and now he will have more time to go out and get practice. also your flawed logic makes me laugh, harold doesn't know X MU but IMO and if he loses to Y players character it's an issue. he's not on my level bro. i bet you by MLG no one on the east coast will be losing to ZOD, i will personally make sure of this.
Playing online exclusively then not knowing MUs is an argument that doesn't go together . Online is nothing but MU exp

As far as EC vs ZOD ,U do that , either way Jupiter will still be winning

Pig Of The Hut

Grr has his own style what is the problem with him not doing Command grabs for oki? he sure as hell used it on me, he won two games with that exact tactic. and even if he never used it, its his style, i never used RMS like harold, (still don't as much as he does) and i've gotten results. #whathappenedtothenewleaf ?
New leaf is for pussys, there is no leaf

U asked a question and I responded truthfully, next time I'll lie to get a "like" rather than response

Yes Grr is FINALLY using command grabs in OKi but two weeks ago he wasn't. Everyone says it privately situ I say publicly

Pig Of The Hut

Also I'm not saying he isnt getting better cause there's no question he is

Zyphox

Playing online exclusively then not knowing MUs is an argument that doesn't go together . Online is nothing but MU exp

As far as EC vs ZOD ,U do that , either way Jupiter will still be winning
New leaf is for pussys, there is no leaf

U asked a question and I responded truthfully, next time I'll lie to get a "like" rather than response

Yes Grr is FINALLY using command grabs in OKi but two weeks ago he wasn't. Everyone says it privately situ I say publicly
Also I'm not saying he isnt getting better cause there's no question he is
ok cool, maybe viking isn't on your level yet, but he will some day. i just have this sense that the North east scene is the most hated in the INJ community. our players are consistently not up to par with those in other areas. when people talk about bane its max or bipolar, when people talk about zod its you and dave, aqauman its theo (rico and brady thrown under the bus) shit superman is now slayer since KDZ barely uses him anymore. flash it was harold (free lol) until i back up my talk, is that what needs to happen? Grr needs to talk shit about being best bane and place 5th at another major to prove it? i can't wait till next month already when all these tournaments are happening, it will be a very interesting spring/summer.

@Peckapowa Now that we've had a chance to play, how do you feel about Bane vs Zod? I feel Bane advantage, just the fact that he might be the most abuseable character on knockdown. Thoughts?
Well i want to run it some more, i realized i can mb b3 after the uppercut and stand after b1 command grab, you were the first bane i have ever seen do that shit and it through me for a loop and broke the matchup. I also can jump 2 after the uppercut shit. I'll never say its 6-4 zod again because that shit was so braindead i felt like throwing my cat out of a window.

i am convinced i will do better this time and i know zod wins everywhere but knockdown and albiet its hard to deal with, once i react to that stuff it will change the mu to a 5-5, i am not convinced yet it is 4-6 but i see now, ever other bane i have played i have anal raped. I got hit by way too many of those slow overheads and so many times i missed the punish when i read uppercut into grab and you just armored against, once i solidify those punishes and break it down more to reads and less me not dealing withany of it think it will be even, because i am very confident i can keep bane out and that backdash is a nightmare too. Also i kept missing my second instant air, i am not going to go for those and keep you away. I still think if we grind it out its not in bane's favor if that makes sense.

I also was letting you get away with murder when i had my trait out and i have plans to revise that. It'll be different the more we grind it out.

if i ever go to a tournament i am picking martian though because i don't have to deal with that knockdown shit and i can just zone and armor all day and i definetly feel martian wins that fight.

i am not being stubborn i am being analytical here and i know if i step up my defense on knockdown i can keep you away and even that shit out, zods backdash is too good. its just way more difficult and execution heavy for me to execute my strategy.

No he's not

He thinks lex beats ZOD
No

i have been grinding out aqua, i need to play tom brady or rico again, what i do now is mix in instant airs and once i get an instant air slowball out its so different. I think it might actually be slightly in zods favor now. Then again in a tournament i might just go martian

as for bane myself i am really good at that matchup but i need to work on dealing with those tick throw setups. However, if its in a tournament i will just go martian because i wreck that matchup with mmh.

black adam and superman i just spam instant airs. deahtstroke i turttle and use my uppercut well

lex luthor is end game for zod once zods pushes him fullscreen.

noone ever blocks when they have trait with bane, his dash is too fast, i am not sure how good he is. Competent banes do naked command grabs i just play the guessing gmae, i have never seen that tick throw shit before and that shit is fucking stupid.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well i want to run it some more, i realized i can mb b3 after the uppercu.
It's hilarious how half a year into this version people still don't use this shit and Banes don't HC it. You can backdash, forward dash, MB armour or even D2 if he's on debuff doing it.

Pig Of The Hut

Well i want to run it some more, i realized i can mb b3 after the uppercut and stand after b1 command grab, you were the first bane i have ever seen do that shit and it through me for a loop and broke the matchup. I also can jump 2 after the uppercut shit. I'll never say its 6-4 zod again because that shit was so braindead i felt like throwing my cat out of a window.

i am convinced i will do better this time and i know zod wins everywhere but knockdown and albiet its hard to deal with, once i react to that stuff it will change the mu to a 5-5, i am not convinced yet it is 4-6 but i see now, ever other bane i have played i have anal raped. I got hit by way too many of those slow overheads and so many times i missed the punish when i read uppercut into grab and you just armored against, once i solidify those punishes and break it down more to reads and less me not dealing withany of it think it will be even, because i am very confident i can keep bane out and that backdash is a nightmare too. Also i kept missing my second instant air, i am not going to go for those and keep you away. I still think if we grind it out its not in bane's favor if that makes sense.

I also was letting you get away with murder when i had my trait out and i have plans to revise that. It'll be different the more we grind it out.

if i ever go to a tournament i am picking martian though because i don't have to deal with that knockdown shit and i can just zone and armor all day and i definetly feel martian wins that fight.

i am not being stubborn i am being analytical here and i know if i step up my defense on knockdown i can keep you away and even that shit out, zods backdash is too good. its just way more difficult and execution heavy for me to execute my strategy.
@Zyphox

Pig Of The Hut

It's hilarious how half a year into this version people still don't use this shit and Banes don't HC it. You can backdash, forward dash, MB armour or even D2 if he's on debuff doing it.
Why would ANYYYYYYYYYUU Bane do this move in debuff

Pig Of The Hut

noone ever blocks when they have trait with bane, his dash is too fast, i am not sure how good he is. Competent banes do naked command grabs i just play the guessing gmae, i have never seen that tick throw shit before and that shit is fucking stupid.
That's because only two do that shit

Maybe people will realize I'm right when they play other people I mention

I'm not a f ing idiot, I'm right

Pig Of The Hut

i have been grinding out aqua, i need to play tom brady or rico again, what i do now is mix in instant airs and once i get an instant air slowball out its so different. I think it might actually be slightly in zods favor now. Then again in a tournament i might just go martian

as for bane myself i am really good at that matchup but i need to work on dealing with those tick throw setups. However, if its in a tournament i will just go martian because i wreck that matchup with mmh.

black adam and superman i just spam instant airs. deahtstroke i turttle and use my uppercut well

lex luthor is end game for zod once zods pushes him fullscreen.
Aqua is 4-6

If u disagree play theo

U will lose 10-0 free