What's new

Match-up Discussion Becoming the Pope - The General Zod Matchup Thread

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I will say friction gave me a TON of useful advice in a thread he created and I think my main problems were punishing lc and mblc and not respecting his frame traps. But a vid would help for sure

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
Doesn't one of use play Zyphox a lot/often?
I truly feel it's 5-5 or 6-4 ZOD
Its a solid 6-4 in Zods favor in my opinion one of the main reasons being that B2,2 whiffs on zod which is his only ranged string thats + on block. I played zyphox a fair amount and good IAZB with well timed sidearms is a real problem for flash.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Its a solid 6-4 in Zods favor in my opinion one of the main reasons being that B2,2 whiffs on zod which is his only ranged string thats + on block. I played zyphox a fair amount and good IAZB with well timed sidearms is a real problem for flash.
Completely agree

bane can't do anything vs iazb unless he goes level three at 3/4 screen back, and he is forced to special through them to get through them

i am pretty certain you can react to his venom noises going up and stop shooting in time to either block or possibly jump over charge

then he has to go to debuff and deal with trait

M2Dave

Zoning Master
bane can't do anything vs iazb unless he goes level three at 3/4 screen back, and he is forced to special through them to get through them

i am pretty certain you can react to his venom noises going up and stop shooting in time to either block or possibly jump over charge

then he has to go to debuff and deal with trait
In theory Zod has the advantage, but in reality this match is more difficult than the average Zod match. Zod's wake ups are worthless versus Bane, which is a huge issue.

In theory Zod has the advantage, but in reality this match is more difficult than the average Zod match. Zod's wake ups are worthless versus Bane, which is a huge issue.
its hard for him to get in its hard for you to get out you have to read the command grab and neutral jump and punish db2

im sure you know this

I saw a comment earlier about good IAZB is a problem for flash. Why would you try and do the hard to execute IAZB when regular zod balls work just as well? In fact, unless the opponent has a low projectile why are IAZB ever bettter than regular zod balls?

Pig Of The Hut

I saw a comment earlier about good IAZB is a problem for flash. Why would you try and do the hard to execute IAZB when regular zod balls work just as well? In fact, unless the opponent has a low projectile why are IAZB ever bettter than regular zod balls?
IAZB IMO do not help this MU

In fact u don't need them vs flash and I feel ZOD wins 6-4

Pig Of The Hut

IAZB have far less recovery allowing u to have 3-4 on screen at a time handicapping most opponents from moving ever

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so how do u deal with Bane exactly once he gets in, or worse knocks u down?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
so how do u deal with Bane exactly once he gets in, or worse knocks u down?
Yeah I got bopped by Grr last night at Blu Planet, I'm really having trouble figuring this MU out. You can only zone him out for so long, and then he gets in and it's hard as hell to get back out.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i just hate how theres only 1 way to avoid his command grab once he's traited up, neutral jumping seems to be the only thing u can do.....needds more options!!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Instead of reading through 23 pages of posts dating back to July, I figured I would just go ahead and ask: What is the opinion of any player not named M2Dave on the Deathstroke MU? After playing Pig for a long set a few weeks ago it feels tough but winnable. (I've got tons of respect for you, Dave, but I already know your thoughts...)

insignis

Noob
Instead of reading through 23 pages of posts dating back to July, I figured I would just go ahead and ask: What is the opinion of any player not named M2Dave on the Deathstroke MU? After playing Pig for a long set a few weeks ago it feels tough but winnable. (I've got tons of respect for you, Dave, but I already know your thoughts...)
not sure if my opinion counts but I believe if you try to zone with DS you're gonna have a bad time :) Zod's normals have better range, you can abuse interactables with trait and punish side arms with charge from quite a distance.
I think every MU is winnable cuz everything is based on the player and they are mere humans. For instance not long ago Grrr with Bane almost beated REO's MMH (yeah, almost doesn't matter but still it was really close).

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I feel that Zod wins. He gets a lot of free traits. He can also check blocked shots with laser fullscreen. Zodballs, side arm, and laser make it tough for DS to move when Zod has a big lifelead. Actually Zod can just turtle super hard until he gets trait, especially if he has the life lead. DS has trouble against his backdash, after a PS and especially after a blocked jump in will avoid the 50-50 (like batgirl). D2 also beats DS j3 (although j1 still good).

DS can definitely compete though, it is hard on Zod if he gets the life lead. But really DS excells in the corner. Zod has no safewakeups, so do your best to keep him trapped in the corner when you get him there. DS corner game is super strong, especially with the 50-50s (that can't be backdashed). DS midscreen combos have some of the best wall carrying potential, so you should find yourself in this situation semi-frequently. I play Crathen, J360, and SrryimWhite most frequently.

6-4 Zod