What's new

Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3, your opinions?

swag1

EX smash solves all
What's your opinion? I got Modern Warfare 2 and was decently happy with it, but I chose Battlefield 3 this time around and was glad I did. I like the vehicles, as well as the greater variety of options as to how you are going to play. What are some of your opinions? Also, I recommend each game based on the following criteria.

Battlefield 3:
-You are willing to be patient to get a kill
-Be prepared to die many times in learning to drive aircraft
-Work as a team
-Use your class gadgets and equipment effectively
-Not as fast paced, less kills per game, but more fun when you get them (IMO)

Modern Warfare 3:
-Better to be a skilled player, because you get better killstreaks
-Enjoy fast paced and often chaotic action
-Alright to play more as an individual than as a team
-Prefer a more spontaneous play style as opposed to thinking something out then executing it
-Vehicles are not a big deal

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I have to go with BF3 because I feel like mw3 is just a sloppy soup of cod4 and mw3 mixed together.

On the chart you made you say "More patient to get a kill" for BF3 and "better to be skilled" for MW3

I feel BF3 is MUCH more skill based than MW3 any day, and the BF3 matches are not as slow passed as people think, as long as your not scared to do a little more walking, it’s almost as fast paced as mw3 and much more rewarding and fun IMO.

Also I average more kills in BF3 then I do MW3 because I keep up with the match.

BF3 is definitely team based, no matter how good you are a shit team can drag you down against average players. In mw3 you’re a one man army (depending on skill lvl) and can do very well even though your team loses on an avg bases.

I used to play COD4 and MW2 professionally, though we would never go to the actual tournament so we never made any money :p But about 2 and a half months after MK9 came out, I bought it. And since then I have been stuck to it like no game I’ve ever played. In this game you have to play smart, fast, precise, learn everything, practice everything to get good. I have a knack for FPS's, they were the first game I ever played on Xbox and I have always done very very well even though I play aggressively. And out of practice and dedication to MK9 I have became better at this game than I am at FPS's, and that’s quite the task. But that’s not even the best part. No matter how good you get, you can still learn more, and you can still get better. And that’s exactly what I want out of my multiplayer experience, and this game did it perfectly, opening me up to now my favorite genre of video games. (though I’m also a big fan of RPG's).

So as far as FPS's go, id say BF3.

But above all... No first person shooter compares to the rewarding, fun, action packed and technicality of MK9! (IMO)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
BF3 > MW3

The reality is, even with BF3 you HAVE the option to run around solo and even the incentive to do to level up your guns with kills, so really you're getting both games since they've adopted the MW weapon upgrade system to give you the incentive to be reckless anyways.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I would like to say that a shit team drags you down in cod as well. The whole purpose of competitive multiplayer is to WIN, no "do good but still lose because your teammates are dumb shits". I lose on a consistent basis in cod and I almost always at the very least break even with k/d. If my team can do that much I'd be happy. BF3 the controls are less forgiving(more realistic imo), as its kinda tedious to follow and shoot a target at the same time. I only played a few games of bf3 and didn't like setting the bombs or whatever they were. I just didn't like the excessive walking/ running I had to do before seeing an enemy and even if I did I'd usually get killed. I'm not saying cod is without its share of shit. I'm pissed they added domination to mercenary mode because I like to avoid clan[Icampalldayer'day] losers but now people just camp the bases. I'd go with mw3 over bf3. Faster, menus are simpler, I get in the game so I can lose faster. Thats about it. I can't play either game without getting stressed out anymore tbh.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Getting a kill in BF3 (especially a one shot with a Sniper) feels so much more rewarding, plus BF3 is crazy hectic

Loot

the special effects
BF3 10:1. Takes way more skill than CoD. My fondest MW2 memories involve OMA, Danger Close, and pro piping. Game was forgettable otherwise.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Competitive MW3 is just SO much fun. Scrims are much more fun than regular MK casuals imo.
BF3... i think teams would be too big, and getting to play offline is hard.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
COD feels like a really over the top version of Counter Strike, making it really annoying and not fun.

BF3 is a true sequel, it is much different and has a lot of fun in its gameplay.

COD feels like a really over the top version of Counter Strike, making it really annoying and not fun.

BF3 is a true sequel, it is much different and has a lot of fun in its gameplay.

WHAT? DONT U EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

COMPARE COD TO COUNTER_STRIKE EVER

OMFG U DID NOT OH SWEET JESUS THE PAIN

counter-strike is 14,000 universes ahead of cod in every way possible outside of graphics. oh mr. metroid the pain u have induced

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
WHAT? DONT U EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

COMPARE COD TO COUNTER_STRIKE EVER

OMFG U DID NOT OH SWEET JESUS THE PAIN

counter-strike is 14,000 universes ahead of cod in every way possible outside of graphics. oh mr. metroid the pain u have induced
Easy there cowboy, I didn't say anything bad about counter strike. I said COD is a really shitty version of counter strike making it not fun and very annoying. I've been playing CS since I was about 7.

Half the shit COD has to offer I felt like I've already played in CS...Gun game for example...they ruined it in Black Ops.

Easy there cowboy, I didn't say anything bad about counter strike. I said COD is a really shitty version of counter strike making it not fun and very annoying. I've been playing CS since I was about 7.

Half the shit COD has to offer I felt like I've already played in CS...Gun game for example...they ruined it in Black Ops.
meh i wasnt too serious

Maxter

Noob
You get way more kils on bf3, you don't have to be patient you just gotta know how to join good squad and have a good commander who knows what he is doing,also gotta be good piloting aircrafts, helicopters etc, now if you talking about bf3 for xbox360 this a very different game because of lack of memory, only 24 players on such big maps is a game killer already and running at 30 fps, and other changes the console version has. the real action is on pc, battlefield is a pc game xbox cant handle it, i would rather play mw3 on xbox, i was a pro battlefield 2 player i haven't got into 3 yet, but this game is way more fun than any other shooter games out there.