What's new

Tech Batgirl F3 Corner Cross-Up

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Maybe this is known already (seems like something that would be), but I didn't know it so there is probably a chance some others might not either. Batgirl's F3 has cross-up properties in the corner. I figure it might be another wrinkle to work in from time to time to reverse inputs in the corner. I just recorded a quick video showing it after cartwheel, but obviously it is better used after a hard knockdown like 12b3/12b2/ j3, etc.

Some practical corner setups using this tech are (Thanks to @Pan1cMode for helping with this):

b1~db2u, f23~df2(MB), f23, 12b3 =46%, into meaty F3
b2d3~db2u, f23~df2(MB), f23, 12b3 =46% into meaty F3

Video below:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ohh this is dirty. I like this. Does it reverse wakeup inputs like Zatanna and flash's crossup f3?

RiBBz22

Ohh this is dirty. I like this. Does it reverse wakeup inputs like Zatanna and flash's crossup f3?
Yes; on hard knockdowns I think. I could wake up with Frost if I tech rolled out of a regular knockdown I am pretty sure.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I saw your picture and thought it was Killer frost corner crossup then I re read it and saw batgirl and was like :(

RiBBz22

so sad, seeing so many people picking her right now, so broken, and with more stuff to find, that's what makes even more sad.
I've played Batgirl since day 1 and co-main her with Frost. I was showing people her swag back at UFGT when she just came out! Even back then everyone knew she was gonna be really good.

RiBBz22

I'm having trouble getting the crossup consistently. Any tricks for timing it?
Off a hard knockdown I just charge the f3 a few frames before letting it go. It probably has something to do with letting it go around the time the opponent is getting off the ground?? What are you trying to do it after? I think they get up too fast from a sweep to get that to work, that is what I tried it with first. I like it off 12b2 / 12b3 / random j3 that hits.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Maybe this is known already (seems like something that would be), but I didn't know it so there is probably a chance some others might not either. Batgirl's F3 has cross-up properties in the corner. I figure it might be another wrinkle to work in from time to time to reverse inputs in the corner. I just recorded a quick video showing it after cartwheel, but obviously it is better used after a hard knockdown like 12b3/12b2/ j3, etc.

Man all you make me want to do is find more tech with Nightwing.
This means WAR!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Off a hard knockdown I just charge the f3 a few frames before letting it go. It probably has something to do with letting it go around the time the opponent is getting off the ground?? What are you trying to do it after? I think they get up too fast from a sweep to get that to work, that is what I tried it with first. I like it off 12b2 / 12b3 / random j3 that hits.
I've been doing it off 12b1/2 but from a juggle combo.

eg. b2u3, f23, f23, f23~df2(MB), 12b2

They seem to get up quicker if knocked down from a juggle state. Maybe that's why.

But I'm also having trouble getting it after cartwheel if they don't tech roll.

gabesena

PSN: uB-Sena
I've played Batgirl since day 1 and co-main her with Frost. I was showing people her swag back at UFGT when she just came out! Even back then everyone knew she was gonna be really good.
i was talking about here in my scene in Brasil, 5 players picked her up to main in the past 6 weeks. And i hear Tyrant, and Chris G are picking her now too...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok, so expanding on this tech;

b1~db2u, f23~df2(MB), f23, 12b3
b2d3~db2u, f23~df2(MB), f23, 12b3

This provides the perfect setup for the crossup f3. They do 46% damage so you're sacrificing like 6-8%, but you do get the crossup opportunity.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So do you have to do the F3 earlier or later?
Earlier. Think of it as being super meaty. I already posted my setup for this but here it is again anyways;

Either of:
or

Also, you can continue a corner combo after the crossup f3. Just hold away from the corner till your opponent drops slightly, then go for the f23.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Earlier. Think of it as being super meaty. I already posted my setup for this but here it is again anyways;

Either of:
or

Also, you can continue a corner combo after the crossup f3. Just hold away from the corner till your opponent drops slightly, then go for the f23.
Ok cool I'm hitting the lab hard.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
She needs it.
She doesn't have any viable mix-ups (especially at the corner) so this might just make her life a bit easier.

-_____________-

RiBBz22

Ok, so expanding on this tech;

This provides the perfect setup for the crossup f3. They do 46% damage so you're sacrificing like 6-8%, but you do get the crossup opportunity.
I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikeeeeeeeeeee ittttt. I will add that to the OP and make a vid when I get home so it is all at the front.

Edit: I am posting the setup video, but I am finding the 2nd one's timing to be a lot tougher for some reason than the first one. Do you have any tips? I am trying to hit the f23 after flying bat as early as possible and hit the 12b3 as high as possible after to give myself the most time after the knockdown.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

Either of:
or

Yeah I was gonna say you can actually walk back and keep them in the corner if you want to combo off it or just put them back in the bola a little bit outside of the corner if you want to do something a bit safer, and then you can just walk forward a few steps to have your jump cross up like normal bola stuff. That way you are at least pushing to the corner and have a 50-50 for another full corner combo and setup.