What's new

Video/Tutorial Batgirl Corner Vortex [Fortress of Solitude]

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Batgirl veterans may know about this, but I'm posting for the newbies since I haven't seen a thread on it yet. Shoutouts to the Lex Luthor and Green Arrow forums for the inspiration to tinker with this.

In the corner, you can do the full BnB, minus the cartwheel, and end it with the laser for a standing bola reset. The opponent is FORCED to guess. You can get up to 54% with a J2, 111 finish. In addition to this, you can whiff a normal, meter-burn the bola, and b3 transition for an unclashable 37% reset. This can be blocked, but it'll catch a lot of people off guard.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
oh lord dats scary , just throwin this out der but u could prob sneak a bola cancel in there for some extra meter after the lazer :)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Batgirl veterans may know about this, but I'm posting for the newbies since I haven't seen a thread on it yet. Shoutouts to the Lex Luthor and Green Arrow forums for the inspiration to tinker with this.

In the corner, you can do the full BnB, minus the cartwheel, and end it with the laser for a standing bola reset. The opponent is FORCED to guess. You can get up to 52% with a J2, 111 finish. In addition to this, you can whiff a normal, meterburn the bola, and b3 transition for an unclashable 37% reset. This can be blocked, but it'll catch a lot of people off guard.

You can actually get even more damage off it;

b2u3, f2, f23, f23, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, dash up, nj2, 111
b1~db2u, f21, f21, f21, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, dash up, nj2, 111
b2d3~db2u, f21, f21, f21, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, dash up, nj2, 111

Also, whiffing a normal into MB bola is hella gimmicky, they'll almost always block it because they're already blocking for the expected vortex. You are put at nice frame advantage though.

As you're approaching the corner you can also use the laser to pad combo damage;

b2u3, ji2, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, ji2, 111
b12, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, ji2, 111

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ah a new Babs vortex. I was just thinking that Batgirl doesn't have a good enough vortex game.
It's not really new. BG players have been using interactable to pad vortex damage for quite a while now.

What you'll wanna watch out for is the guaranteed interactable resets she has. Now those are super dirty.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
You can actually get even more damage off it;

b2u3, f2, f23, f23, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, dash up, nj2, 111
b1~db2u, f21, f21, f21, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, dash up, nj2, 111
b2d3~db2u, f21, f21, f21, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, dash up, nj2, 111

Also, whiffing a normal into MB bola is hella gimmicky, they'll almost always block it because they're already blocking for the expected vortex. You are put at nice frame advantage though.

As you're approaching the corner you can also use the laser to pad combo damage;

b2u3, ji2, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, ji2, 111
b12, f23~df2(MB), f23~interact, bf1, ji2, 111
Talk about optimized! What's the max, 54%? As for the MB bola, that's mostly for people holding clash expecting the J2, 111, or B2D3. But yeah, it is a total guess with no real downside since you're +.

Last edited:

itskrd-eppostar

LordKILLERFROST

In the corner, you can do the full BnB, minus the cartwheel, and end it with the laser for a standing bola reset. The opponent is FORCED to guess. You can get up to 52% with a J2, 111 finish. In addition to this, you can whiff a normal, meterburn the bola, and b3 transition for an unclashable 37% reset. This can be blocked, but it'll catch a lot of people off guard.

I want to what song this is

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Ah a new Babs vortex. I was just thinking that Batgirl doesn't have a good enough vortex game.
This is not new lol, I posted a video a while ago in the combo/setup section, but it was known for a while back then too. Pretty much every character has hella dirty stuff in that corner :p

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
This is not new lol, I posted a video a while ago in the combo/setup section, but it was known for a while back then too. Pretty much every character has hella dirty stuff in that corner :p

I think stuff like this needs its own thread because people who don't play the character aren't going through 20 pages of combo posts.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Could you fit in a db2u in somewhere just before you use the interactable? It could do a little more damage if it works. I was just thinking of this since you can land an attack after a db2u in the corner usually, but I can't test this right now myself

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Could you fit in a db2u in somewhere just before you use the interactable? It could do a little more damage if it works. I was just thinking of this since you can land an attack after a db2u in the corner usually, but I can't test this right now myself
You can start combos with the cartwheel, and use it off starters (B1, B2 D3) but the gravity increases too much after the F23 reps and you cannot do anything after sliding a cartwheel in there.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You can end in cartwheel but you would have to cut the combo short somewhere else. Gravity too strong at that point if you are doing it as an ender to the main BNB.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You can start combos with the cartwheel, and use it off starters (B1, B2 D3) but the gravity increases too much after the F23 reps and you cannot do anything after sliding a cartwheel in there.
I get that you can start with it, I main her lol. I don't get what do you mean by the last bit, sliding a cartwheel in where? After several f23 reps?
You can end in cartwheel but you would have to cut the combo short somewhere else. Gravity too strong at that point if you are doing it as an ender to the main BNB.
What about before the interactable? ...df2mb, f23 xx db2u, d1 xx interactable... ? Just hoping something MIGHT work :D

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle

In the corner, you can do the full BnB, minus the cartwheel, and end it with the laser for a standing bola reset. The opponent is FORCED to guess. You can get up to 54% with a J2, 111 finish. In addition to this, you can whiff a normal, meter-burn the bola, and b3 transition for an unclashable 37% reset. This can be blocked, but it'll catch a lot of people off guard.

Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks