What's new

Awful PS4 Lag Online

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Okay, this is absolutely insane.

I had it for PS3, and no issues ever.

I got a PS4 finally for Christmas, and went out and bought IGAU for dirt cheap.

And it's beautiful on my new TV, but the online is damn-near unplayable.

I have a delay of at least 1-2 seconds from button input. It's terrible.

I'm just curious if it's because of the recent hacks to PSN, or if it's my Internet? I have a stable 50MBPS connection up so I don't understand - Destiny and GTA V play just fine. But I connect to a lobby and it's like running on dial-up.

Any suggestions?

mfkaoz

Banned
Why would you go buy IGAU for ps4 when it's free for this month lol. Aside from that, lag on ps4 is usually not bad but there are times where it's unbearable. Since this port was made by a different company the online isn't as good. For the most part though, it's not that bad.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Why would you go buy IGAU for ps4 when it's free for this month lol. Aside from that, lag on ps4 is usually not bad but there are times where it's unbearable. Since this port was made by a different company the online isn't as good. For the most part though, it's not that bad.
Because I like to actually physically own games. And I had terrible times trying to download PS Plus games from the store. It was $10 at Walmart..

Well then I don't know what's wrong but it's unplayable online right now.

ando1184

Noob
I just got it and noticed the same thing. It's net ode just feels worse, plus there are a lot more rage quitters on the ps4 for some reason?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
You guys do know PSN has been getting DDOS'd for the last 4 or 5 days right? They are struggling to get it up and keep it up.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
It's just a 47" Samsung LED TV. It's not the TV.

I've tried to play wirelessly, and hard cable connected. Still has that damn 1s delay. Every other game runs just fine online.

I give up. I think the netcode just sucks or something. At least for the PS4 version.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Just got a ps4 and injustice two days ago. I feel your pain.
Maybe it's the area we live in or something, but it's not me. And it's not my Internet, wired or wireless. Because every other online game I have runs flawlessly.

So for those of you that don't have any lag, you're just lucky.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Do you know the people you are playing or is it just randoms? Helps to find friends that you know have wired\good connections and live close.