What's new

AUSTRALIAN TOURNAMENT RESULTS - GOOGIE WINS GOOGIE'S ONLINE MKX TOURNAMENT 5

GooGie's monthly MKX tournament returned for its 5th instalment on Sunday the 13th of March 2016. The online tournament is run on PS4, and is free to enter for all Australian and New Zealand residents. Run in a single elimination fashion (with top 3 getting cash payouts), all prize money comes for generous Australian community members who contribute their own cash in order to further the MKX scene here in Aus. This month, the pot bonus was courtesy of both @GooGieGaming and @Hazzles. Matches are run best of 3 up until top 8 which is run best of 5. Members who place top 8 receive seeding points for further iterations of the tournament.

Stream Archives

The stream archives have been uploaded to YouTube and can be accessed via the links below:

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Twitch archives as well as future Australian online tournaments will be streamed on https://www.twitch.tv/GooGieGaminG

Top 8 Results

1. GooGiemona (Shirai Ryu Takeda)
2. Gilbagz (Cryomancer Sub Zero)
3. Saggat83 (Mournful Kitana and Tempest/Buzzsaw Kung Lao)
3. Pan1cMode (Full Auto Jacqui)
5. x5_Baxter (Dragon's Fire Liu Kang and Tigrar Fury Goro)
5. Imcastiel (Royal Storm Kitana and Hellfire Scorpion)
5. Kdeee-10 (Grandmaster Sub Zero)
5. xXSuperNewmanXx (Cyrax and Tempest Kung Lao)

Full results can be found at http://challonge.com/GooGieMonthly5

For future information about upcoming online MKX tournaments in Australia/NZ join Australia/NZ MKX tournament news on Facebook.

Googie and BurnoutFighter will be representing Australia at Final Round this weekend. On behalf of the whole Australian MKX Kommunity, I want to wish them both the best of luck this weekend and let them know that the whole Australian NRS scene will be watching and supporting them.

Last edited:

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Any chance of including the characters they used with the results?

I'm @ work and can't watch the vids :D

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I got fucking mopped. I was so dissapointed in my performance. Didnt take a round vs Kdee.

Best not to dwell on it though and focus on the future...
is what i tell myself but dont do...