What's new

[Aug 8, 2015] VSFighting 5 - UK Major Tournament - NRS POT BONUS ADDED!! (Birmingham)

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
VSFighting_NRS_potbonus.jpg

Over the last 6 years, the Electronic Dojo team has worked to deliver some of the best fighting game events in the country. With great pleasure, we can announce that VSFighting will make it's fifth appearance this August with another Major Fighting Games Tournament and we would love to see you all there.

It's no secret that Mortal Kombat X has been a massive focus for us at Electronic Dojo - we have an incredibly strong scene here and between us, the PND guys and a number of unaffiliated but incredibly strong players, it should be a super competitive!

This year we'll be hosting at the beautiful Birmingham Repertory Theatre! Taking place in the gorgeous Centenary Square, we'll be overlooking Broad Street - which means a wealth of quality food options, great hotels and nightlife if you've been eliminated from the main event...and you won't need a taxi back to the train station or hotel either!

Start training, get excited, bring your best!

UPDATE!!
"It is with great pleasure that we are able to announce an INCREDIBLE prize pot bonus courtesy of Warner Bros and NetherRealm under the Blue Steel Sub Zero programme.

Mortal Kombat X has gone from strength to strength and with consistent, sustainable support, it's clearly here to stay! Signups will be expanded slightly this weekend to allow players who have already entered to add additional games, so if you're interested in trying to snag a piece of that pie, keep your eyes peeled!

Massive thanks to NetherRealm for this amazing announcement!"

Details and registration: www.vsfighting.com
Facebook, Twitter, Event Page

PS. wouldn't be a major without some European players in attendance!
@PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard - would you do the honors?
@Youphemism @A F0xy Grampa @JTB123 @theGabStandard @UsedForGlue - where y'all at!?
@Nivek @st9rm @Crathen @rubmytaco , definitely worth a look!

JustinXavier21

Should be coming up from Norwich with @Karnage , Do you know what good hotels are close by ?
I've put some suggestions on the main site, but we're lucky enough to be on Broad Street so there are plenty of decent hotels available. Currently I'm recommending Travel Lodge Central which will put you two minutes away from the venue, but Novotel and Hampton are also good shouts. If you want to reduce the costs slightly, Travel Lodge Broadway Plaza is a 7 minute walk from the venue and has a few 3 person rooms left.

Check the cost on staying Friday to Monday as the rates barely change sometimes and you might get a really good deal - but if you have time/cash limitations, we tend to finish on time so you could aim to arrive on Saturday by 09:00 and head back around 20:30 on the Sunday? PM me if you need any more help - also SICK to see @Karnage again!

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
You BETTER make it! You earned a special place in my heart when you beat Zalarus :-(

@PunkMafia83 - screw watching, come and play :D should have a ton of casuals available #fortheloveofthegame
I do like the game but I never feel truly comfortable playing it. I think it's due to the stamina bar. I dunno. Will have a think about entering but will try and make casuals.
Cheers man.

st9rm

viennality.com
spoke to the UK guys yesterday regarding this tourney and would love to join!
only thing is, that my brother's getting married on the 8th, so i probably won't be able to make it out :(
are there any other tournaments in the uk in the near future?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If you sponsor me I'll be able to make it :DOGE nah but unfortunately I won't be able to make it (cries)

PS. If you tag people in your edit of a post it won't appear in their notifications, which is why I didn't see this until I checked the new posts section lol.

JustinXavier21

If you sponsor me I'll be able to make it :DOGE nah but unfortunately I won't be able to make it (cries)

PS. If you tag people in your edit of a post it won't appear in their notifications, which is why I didn't see this until I checked the new posts section lol.
! I was sending out links with travel from Scotland for £10 lol! Not to worry man - check out the stream. I'll teach you Jacqui :D

Falkunn

Your dad's tournament demon
Can confirm Justin did send travel sales links. He really comes through as a TO and gets the most out of the players.
That's just down to you being a dork, Paul. :^)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Can confirm Justin did send travel sales links. He really comes through as a TO and gets the most out of the players.
That's just down to you not even having enough money to travel for a tenner, Paul. :^)
Fixed :(