What's new

[Aug 16, 2014] King of the Monsters: IGAU/KI3/MK9/USF4/UMVC3/UMK2 (Farmingdale, NY)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Monster Island Tournaments Presents: King of the Monsters!!!! The 6th monthly to conclude Season 1 has now teamed up with Kombat Network's @Shock and Beast Coast's @Tusk1407 to bring you a new date (8/16) and a new location, DAVE & BUSTERS in Farmingdale NY!!!! I'm accepting pre-reg now as well!!! The story lines are heating up! # 1 in the standings after each tourney wraps up will be rewarded MVP trophies, round on me @ the bar and free entry to the first tourney in Season 2!

You may also notice 2 new games have been added to the card! With a solid turnout from a last minute addition of Ultra SF4 thanks to @Ray Riazy I have to give the people what they want! So let it be written, so let it be done! Another change is Injustice has now moved to standard double elimination format!!! Join the event on facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/1431705550437852/?source=1

***Pre Registration is available till 8/14! Save $5 on venue fee by pre registering! Paypal ONLY! Include your name, handle, and games you wish to enter with payment! Send as a gift to email: [email protected]***

$20 Venue Fee / $25 @ the door
$5 Spectator Fee
$10 Injustice Fee
$10 USF4 Fee
$10 Killer Instinct Fee
$10 UMVC3 Fee
$5 MK9 Fee
$0 UMK2 Fee
$0 Godzilla: Kaijuu Daikessen Fee

Our ballroom!

----

Will @R.E.O. or @Grr who have missed the last two monthlies come for the Injustice throne or will @KDZ run away with it? But don't sleep on @DarthArma whose been playing beastly lately! He also has a shot at that #1 spot if he wins back to back! If these four all show up for the finale, the hype will be off the charts!!!

Injustice Standings
1st- @KDZ =22
2nd- @R.E.O. = 20
3rd- @Grr = 19
4th- @DarthArma = 17
5th- @EMPEROR_JUPITER = 10
5th- @Frantastic23 = 10
5th- @Ray Riazy = 10
6th- @RapZiLLa54 = 7
7th- @RG Rico Suave = 5
7th- @7L = 5
8th- @Indecisive = 4
8th- @Scoot Magee = 4
8th- @ClassySasquatch =4
9th- @G4S KT Smith = 3
9th- @Tom Brady = 3
10th- @KingJamez12 = 1
10th- @HuskyBrown = 1
10th- @imblackjames = 1
---

@G4S KT has slowly and quietly made his way to the #1 spot in KI but will it last? C88 Grief has won the last 2 monthlies and is currently only 1 point behind KT and Phycotica in the standings. Could we have a salty runback of GF for MVP of KI or will Phycotica keep the #1 spot in the finale that hes held for the last four monthlys?

Killer Instinct Standings
1st- @G4S KT Smith = 21
1st- Phycotica = 21
3rd- Crazy88 Grief = 20
4th- Ergz Desdinova = 15
5th- @CD jr = 10
6th- Gfromthestreets = 8
7th- @RG Rico Suave = 7
7th- @Mikemetroid = 7
8th- @Scoot Magee = 6
9th- Cloud = 5
9th- JaYsLiK = 5
---

With @Insuperable whose only defeated by his absence remains undefeated at Blu Planet but the problem is @Mikemetroid due to his consistency and his first victory last monthly now has a commanding lead. Insuperable would have to win it all and hope that Mike fails to qualify for points. @G4S Claude VonStroke whose jumped up severely in the standings has a shot but will need help!

Mortal Kombat 9 Standings
1st- @Mikemetroid = 27
2nd- @Insuperable = 20
3rd- @G4S Claude VonStroke = 17
4th- @R.E.O. = 12
5th- @CD jr = 5
5th- @EMPEROR_JUPITER = 5
5th- @SwiftTomHanks = 5
6th- @BlackBryan = 3
6th- @imblackjames = 3
6th- @Scoot Magee = 3
*These Standings are totaled up from When Worlds Collide, Judgment Day, The New Frontier, The Maint Event, and The Abyss of Time*

---

The Basics
  • IGAU, MK9, USF4 & UMVC3 will be played on XB360 * KI on XB1 * UMK2 PC * GKD SNES
  • All setups will have Asus Monitors and External Speakers.
  • All MK and USf4 (double blind pick allowed) will be 2/3 double elimination. IGAU, UMVC3 and KI3 will be 3/5 double elimination.
  • UMVC3 Multiple character hack and all previously banned glitches will remain banned.
  • IGAU is double random stage select, loser chooses to keep stage or go back to double random/change character.
  • MK/KI/USF4/ UMVC3 tournaments, loser picks stage/character. Grand, Winner, Loser Finals is 3/5
  • 1st Place for IGAU-KI3-MK9 will receive trophies. UMK2 - USF4 - UMVC3 will receive medals!
  • Games with 16 or more entrants get a 70/20/10 split, anything less is winner takes all.
  • System Layout throughout the event. Total of 9 360s, 3 XB1(1 stream, 2 USF4, 2 UMVC3, 2 Injustice, 2 MK9, 3 KI), 1 PC UMK2, 1 SNES G:KD.
Timetable Stream: www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork
  • Casuals will start at 2:00pm
  • MK9 will start at 4pm
  • UMVC3 will start at 5pm
  • KI will start at 6pm
  • USF4 will start at 7pm
  • IGAU will start at 8pm
Amenities:
  • For those not familiar with Dave & Busters it's a sports bar arcade. Games, food, drinks all available to you at any time!!
  • For my friends traveling by train, take it to the Farmingdale LIRR Station, 5 minutes away I will arrange pickups!!
  • Yes a Bowling Alley
  • Restaurant Bar Area
  • Half the arcade
***Pre Registration is available! Save $5 on venue fee by pre registering! Paypal ONLY! Include your name, handle, and games you wish to enter with payment! Send as a gift to email: [email protected]***

Last edited:

RapZiLLa54

No more MKT :(
The last 2 events didn't have it and no one even asked about it except for 1 or 2 people. With Ultra SF4 being added to the lineup, one of the free games had to go and UMK2 is much more popular than MKT at the moment.

RapZiLLa54

Confirmed Players
1. RapZiLLa54
2. @Mikemetroid
3. @G4S Claude VonStroke
4. @G4S KT
5. @Ray Riazy
6. @Tusk1407
7. @7L
8. @jamessmk
9. @Indecisive
10. @Scoot Magee
11. @Hitoshura
12. C88 Grief
13. @Shock
14. GfromdaStreets
15. ERGZ Jago

You can confirm here or check out the fb event ! https://www.facebook.com/events/1431705550437852/

@KingJamez12 , @rev0lver , @Tom Brady , @DarthArma , @R.E.O. , @KDZ , @Zyphox , @EMPEROR_JUPITER , @LanceMonsoon , @SonicFox5000 , @astronout , @StevoSuprem0 , @Abbneto , @Icy Black Deep , @Edfig81 , @HuskyBrown , @chemist4hire , @Jeremy KO , @LuciusAxelrod , @Groove Heaven, @Kabbage, @MK_Chameleon , @Evil_Riu48 , @Dark_Rob , @REDRUM , @pherleece , @ChrispyCream7

Last edited:

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Monster Island Tournaments Presents: King of the Monsters!!!! The 6th monthly to conclude Season 1 is on the horizon @ Blu Planet Comics on Saturday August 9th and the story lines are heating up! # 1 in the standings after each tourney wraps up will be rewarded MVP trophies, round on me @ the bar and free entry to the first tourney in Season 2!

You may also notice a new game has been added to the card! With a solid turnout from a last minute addition of Ultra SF4 thanks to @Ray Riazy I have to give the people what they want! So let it be written, so let it be done! Another change is Injustice has now moved to standard double elimination format!!! Join the event on facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/1431705550437852/?source=1

$10 Venue Fee
$10 Injustice Fee
$10 USF4 Fee
$5 Killer Instinct Fee
$5 MK9 Fee
$0 UMK2 Fee

----

Will @R.E.O. or @Grr who have missed the last two monthlies come for the Injustice throne or will @KDZ run away with it? But don't sleep on @DarthArma whose been playing beastly lately! He also has a shot at that #1 spot if he wins back to back! If these four all show up for the finale, the hype will be off the charts!!!
Injustice Standings
1st- @KDZ =22
2nd- @R.E.O. = 20
3rd- @Grr = 19
4th- @DarthArma = 17
5th- @EMPEROR_JUPITER = 10
5th- @Frantastic23 = 10
5th- @Ray Riazy = 10
6th- @RapZiLLa54 = 7
7th- @RG Rico Suave = 5
7th- @7L = 5
8th- @Indecisive = 4
8th- @Scoot Magee = 4
8th- @ClassySasquatch =4
9th- @G4S KT Smith = 3
9th- @Tom Brady = 3
10th- @KingJamez12 = 1
10th- @HuskyBrown = 1
10th- @imblackjames = 1
---

@G4S KT has slowly and quietly made his way to the #1 spot in KI but will it last? C88 Grief has won the last 2 monthlies and is currently only 1 point behind KT in the standings. Could we have a salty runback for MVP of KI or will Phycotica reclaim the #1 spot in the finale that hes held for the last three months?
Killer Instinct Standings
1st- @G4S KT Smith = 21
2nd- Crazy88 Grief = 20
3rd- Phycotica = 18
4th- Ergz Desdinova = 15
5th- @CD jr = 10
6th- Gfromthestreets = 8
7th- @RG Rico Suave = 7
7th- @Mikemetroid = 7
8th- @Scoot Magee = 6
9th- Cloud = 5
9th- JaYsLiK = 5
---

With @Insuperable whose only defeated by his absence remains undefeated at Blu Planet but the problem is @Mikemetroid due to his consistency and his first victory last monthly now has a commanding lead. Insuperable would have to win it all and hope that Mike fails to qualify for points. @G4S Claude VonStroke whose jumped up severely in the standings has a shot but will need help!

Mortal Kombat 9 Standings
1st- @Mikemetroid = 27
2nd- @Insuperable = 20
3rd- @G4S Claude VonStroke = 17
4th- @R.E.O. = 12
5th- @CD jr = 5
5th- @EMPEROR_JUPITER = 5
5th- @SwiftTomHanks = 5
6th- @BlackBryan = 3
6th- @imblackjames = 3
6th- @Scoot Magee = 3
*These Standings are totaled up from When Worlds Collide, Judgment Day, The New Frontier, The Maint Event, and The Abyss of Time*

---

The Basics
  • IGAU will be played on 360 * KI on XB1 * MK9 on 360 * USF4 on 360* UMK2 PC
  • All setups will have Asus Monitors and External Speakers.
  • All MK and USf4 (double blind pick allowed) will be 2/3 double elimination. IGAU and KI3 will be 3/5 double elimination.
  • IGAU is double random stage select, loser chooses to keep stage or go back to double random/change character.
  • MK/KI/USF4 tournaments, loser picks stage/character. Grand, Winner, Loser Finals is 3/5
  • 1st Place for IGAU-KI3-MK9 will receive trophies. UMK2 - USF4 will receive medals!
  • Games with 16 or more entrants get a 70/20/10 split, anything less is winner takes all.
Timetable:
  • Casuals will start at 3:00pm
  • USF4 will start at 5pm / KI3 will start @ 5:30 pm
  • MK9 will start at 6 pm
  • Injustice will start at 7 pm
Amenities:
  • For my PA/NJ/LI friends driving in, there is a free parking lot behind the building at the library.
  • For my LI/NYC friends, BluPlanet is right across from the Massapequa Train Station (**NOT MASSAPEQUA PARK**)
  • Pub/Grill and a CVS shopping center + pizza place are across the street!!!
I will be there will speak to Huskybrown again. Also i will accept on facebook in a few days i hope. I try not to use facebook more then 2 times a week maybe less at that.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
@RapZiLLa54 what converter did u have at the last tournament? I really liked it. Also do you need a wired controller for that converter? I want to order it tomorrow.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
@RapZiLLa54 what converter did u have at the last tournament? I really liked it. Also do you need a wired controller for that converter? I want to order it tomorrow.
He had an Etokki. You did not need another another controller.
Im pretty sure this is the one.
http://www.xgaming.com/store/x-arcade-adapters/product/x-arcade-xbox-360-adapter-2/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS2-to-Xbox-360-Adapter-Converter-Use-Playstation-2-Controller-on-360-/151021496767?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item23299529bf

If it is i suggest ordering it now.