What's new

Question Ask Smoke Thread - Have Any Question? Post It Here!

McNasty

Moist.
Yeah it doesnt combo off of 112 unless they were in the air and still that would be hard. back 2 3 to smoke bomb is your best bet for a ground combo to OTG smoke bomb or just back 2 if they are crouching is the over head chop that will combo into smoke bomb.
Oh also if your trying to do it to an airborne opponent I find that just standing 3 to smoke bomb is the easiest to time the 1 or 2 is tricky to time.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
112 DOES combo in the corner. 112 En smoke is guaranteed to always work in corner. I think regular 112 will work with a smoke bomb when you give it around 2-3 frames between 2 and the bomb. Not exactly sure but i get mixed results when trying this out. 214 works better for bomb comboing anyway.

rikana

Noob
Probably because I'm tired but wondering if you can link these:

Overhead combo - b2, 3, db2, dash, 3, d1, 2, dash, 3, d1, 2, dash jump, (this is the part where I keep failing on) 3/4 grab, db2 OTG.

Unless there's another combo that's better when starting with an overhead?

Synraii

So Salty...
On YouTube I saw a 72% wall combo that seemed to involve uppercutting a launched opponent and combing off of it - how???

rikana

Noob
Probably because I'm tired but wondering if you can link these:

Overhead combo - b2, 3, db2, dash, 3, d1, 2, dash, 3, d1, 2, dash jump, (this is the part where I keep failing on) 3/4 grab, db2 OTG.

Unless there's another combo that's better when starting with an overhead?
Still waiting for an answer.

On YouTube I saw a 72% wall combo that seemed to involve uppercutting a launched opponent and combing off of it - how???
I think you're refering to a Check combo (if I'm not mistaken). I have never tried to execute this myself, but it appears he is landing the uppercut when the opponent is at the highest point possible. This allows you to recover in time to follow up. I would imagine there is a very strict frame window in which you can pull this off (i.e. probably not practical in real matches unless you have ridiculous execution).

Synraii

So Salty...
I main Bison in SSF4, and second Setsuka among others in SC4 - execution doesn't matter to me - thanks though! =)

Synraii

So Salty...
I don't know about high damage, I'm working with a 30% out of a straight smoke bomb. Maximum anyone's gonna pull out of this I reckon is about 35%
What's your current combo?

I haven't been able to master a some combo longer than 4hits long!...whats the easiest smoke combo i can pull off and build from?

REFan

Team Dont Ever Stop
Just do 3, d1, 2 then immediately hold up forward and wait til your really low and do kick grab in air. Then right as or before hitting the ground do the smoke bomb. This makes it easier to otg since you are really low to the ground. after the otg smoke bomb dash forwad and do 3, d1, 2 again and hold up forward again for another hard kick grab. this is harder to his a second smoke bomb after because you cant wait as long in the air as the first time to kick grab. but it is still a 42% or 44% combo.

I said this in the combo thread but I'll say it here as well, comboing a 3, d1, 2, dash, 3, d1, 2, jk ~air throw has a combo reset when you land the OTG smoke bomb, it's actually not as difficult to land as it sounds, I managed to pull it off with about 50% consistency after about 30 mins of even trying smoke and I'm only just starting with MK9. The timing really isn't difficult as apart from the jk~air throw it's all just buffered.

That bit is where my question is.

What timings are you finding for the air throw to consistently land the OTG smoke bomb, to me it almost seems random, however I manage to hit it a lot more consistently when the air throw is slightly delayed from the kick and basically at the lowest point possible so the opponent is about to touch the ground. Strange thing is, sometimes the OTG smoke bomb works off a throw from near peak. I know there must be a trick to this and it is basically the main thing confusing me with smoke combos right now.

neio8, you could do 51% damage without meter, so you can save the meter for breakers if needed.
Here's a video from Check (Combo starts at 1:02)