What's new

ask sektor thread

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Two questions:

What are the exact differences between human sektor and robot sektor? in terms of frame data, hitboxes, combos, stuff like that.

and, why isnt this thread stickied?

ryublaze

Noob
Two questions:

What are the exact differences between human sektor and robot sektor? in terms of frame data, hitboxes, combos, stuff like that.

and, why isnt this thread stickied?
Human Sektor has a larger hitbox on the second 2 of 1, 2, 2. His X-Ray fires lower, making some more X-Ray combos possible. IIRC Human Sektor's Up Missile takes longer to appear and leave the screen than Robot Sektor's but they come down at the same time.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Human Sektor has a larger hitbox on the second 2 of 1, 2, 2. His X-Ray fires lower, making some more X-Ray combos possible. IIRC Human Sektor's Up Missile takes longer to appear and leave the screen than Robot Sektor's but they come down at the same time.
So would you say that human sektor is better?

also, what does IIRC mean?

ryublaze

Noob
So would you say that human sektor is better?

also, what does IIRC mean?
Idk SwiftTomHanks uses Human while IKizzLE and Ketchup both use Robot. I think it's just a matter of preference. I prefer Robot because Up Missile is more important than the 1, 2, 2 hitbox and X-Ray IMO and I like red.

IIRC = If I Recall/Remember Correctly

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Also do want to note that Robot is much better for kabal since his strait missiles get there slowing, allowing you more time to block before his EX dash gets there.

Other than that, human all the way for dat AA damage and faster missile.

LuciusAxelrod

Robot Ninja
Have you guys noticed that doing a combo too soon after ending another combo in a flame thrower scales the damage of the first hit in the new combo?
For example: If you do 12b1 b21 122xxFlamethrower in the corner then immediately hit them with a 1, the damage of that 1 would be scaled down to 1%. However, this scaling doesn't seem to change any damage after the first hit. So if you did the example combo twice quickly enough, the first one would do 41% and the second one would do 39% (with the 2% lost in the first hit).
I've only been able to do this with Sektor's fastest normals, including 1, 2, d1, d2, and d3. According to the damage info in training mode, d2 loses 6% with this!
What's up with this?

NKZero

Noob
Mummerah look under Sektor tourney footage. The Sektor from Chile fought in tourney against a Mileena and did extremely well against her. Check that out. The Sektor tourney footage can be found in these forums.