What's new

Question Ask Baraka

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Because d4 is +12 on hit, in a lot of cases, you simply can't outpoke dash~f44.

Every character's d4 has the same hit/block advantage...0 on block, +12 on hit. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if having a good d4 in terms of range and hitbox becomes too important of a tool to overlook.
This got me thinking...

Since you can d1 into slices, wouldn't Baraka be able to d4, dash in for a unavoidable d1 into slices and now he's at neutral with his opponent and in his face. Wouldn't you be able to d1 into another slice? This is kinda like how Sub does his 21 which is 0 on block and then can do another 21. People hesitate to jump out because Sub can change it to 22 for an AA or 212 for full combo.

So the idea here is to mimic Sub's 21, 21, 212/22 mix up and do d1 slices, d1 slices, d1, f44 or something since they will expect a slices. Here f44 acts as the 22 AA but you would do a dash f4 on hit for a reset into more pressure. This reset into pressure acts as the Sub combo followed by a hit confirm. Do I make sense? It's clear in my mind how it would work but I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well, let me know.

To summarize,

Step 1: get people to respect your d4 into f44
Step 2: once they respect your follow up to d4, you introduce d1 slices (ala Sub 21,21 pressure)
Step 3: once they get the idea that after a slices there is no follow up you can take it one step further and go d1, f4 into reset.

What do you guys think?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If they're already respecting possible followups, d1 xx slices becomes fairly dangerous as they'll likely be crouch blocking. Where you can go with this is getting a f2 xx spin in there or a 221+2 for much more continuous pressure. I say f2 xx spin because, on block, you are further away and you throw in the threat of bob n weave and a random whiff punish of whatever they might try to do after, and it gives you the option to do move back and it creates a favorable situation where if they jump, you get spin, but if they do nothing, you are at least back to where you can play footsies.

Flagg

Noob
21 slices is quite slow and not the best pressure string up close to use. 21 slices is excellent to use from mid distanve! Up close, 12slices or B32 slices is much better and you can even mix up the B32 with B322 if they are crouching for the knockdown.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
21 slices is quite slow and not the best pressure string up close to use. 21 slices is excellent to use from mid distanve! Up close, 12slices or B32 slices is much better and you can even mix up the B32 with B322 if they are crouching for the knockdown.
i think he was talking about subs 2,1 not rakas

b3,2,2 is unsafe so id limit mixing up with that
if your using 12~slices try using 121/122~slices against chars with good wakeups,ya get your damage,dont knock them down and get some meter from the blocked slices because it doesnt combo,could stick spin in if want bit more space2

Flagg

Noob
i think he was talking about subs 2,1 not rakas

b3,2,2 is unsafe so id limit mixing up with that
if your using 12~slices try using 121/122~slices against chars with good wakeups,ya get your damage,dont knock them down and get some meter from the blocked slices because it doesnt combo,could stick spin in if want bit more space2
Ahh okay. Yeah I know B322 is unsafe (the last 2 is as you can be poked out before it hits) but im pretty sure B32>>slices is 100% safe.

What is crazy, is people still dont know the Baraka match up that well, and whatever string you do, if you end it with slices, so many people stop blocking on the last slices hit.

To be fair, I never even thought about doing 121 or 122 slices before but I might mess around with that tonight.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
People definitely dont know the matchup. Which is so deadly because of his reset. Seriously in the corner you can do:

B3,1 B3,1 B3,1 F4(Stops anyone blocking high)
2,2 1+2 B3,1 B3,1 F4(Stops anyone blocking low)
F44 F4(Safest option if blocked)
chop chop F4(or 2,2 1+2 chop chop f4)
That gets anyone trying to ump out of your pressure^^

Not knowing the matchup is a deadly mistake.

1man3letters

People definitely dont know the matchup. Which is so deadly because of his reset. Seriously in the corner you can do:

not knowing matchup against any char is a mistake,
anyways i think it better to assume your opp knows the matchup instead of just b3ing to get the big damage and getting punished,ya got set up the b3,s by using f2,
22 1+2 is easily fuzzy guarded,yes we get a frame trap but the opp still doesnt fear blocking high enough because the 1+2 easy enough to see coming unless that is if youve been using 22~throw, 22,crossover to get opp not to except 1+2

the chop,f4 reset is pretty good though,i like it anyway,as you said very few people see it coming

charlieonline

Ahh okay. Yeah I know B322 is unsafe (the last 2 is as you can be poked out before it hits) but im pretty sure B32>>slices is 100% safe.

What is crazy, is people still dont know the Baraka match up that well, and whatever string you do, if you end it with slices, so many people stop blocking on the last slices hit.

To be fair, I never even thought about doing 121 or 122 slices before but I might mess around with that tonight.
Go look at the meter 121 slices does.

charlieonline

My favorite is f2 ex slices, b31 f4

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Sup guys? I've been playing around with baraka a little today and hes incredibly fun to play as, but I'm not sure if I'm maximizing on damage, so I have some combo related questions. What is baraka's highest damage off of the following for raw damage and into f4, from midscreen and in the corner? All meterless please, except for the f2 followup.

221+2
b31
f2xxEXslices
air to air punch
deep jump kick
anti air normal
NJP

Thanks in advance.

Also I've been ending my corner combos with d1. Since the patch you can still fit it into 40%+ combos and it wakes the opponent up instantly, do you guys reckon theres any uses for mind games with it?

Sup guys? I've been playing around with baraka a little today and hes incredibly fun to play as, but I'm not sure if I'm maximizing on damage, so I have some combo related questions. What is baraka's highest damage off of the following for raw damage and into f4, from midscreen and in the corner? All meterless please, except for the f2 followup.

221+2
b31
f2xxEXslices
air to air punch
deep jump kick
anti air normal
NJP

Thanks in advance.

Also I've been ending my corner combos with d1. Since the patch you can still fit it into 40%+ combos and it wakes the opponent up instantly, do you guys reckon theres any uses for mind games with it?
221+2, B31, 4 Blade Charge (Mid-Screen)
221+2, B31, B31, B11 Spin, Spin, (Spin?) (Corner)

B31, B31, B31, 4 Blade Charge/B11 Blade Charge (Heard it was possible but is ridiculously hard) (Mid-Screen)
B31, F44, B31, B11, Spin, 4 Chop Chop (Ridiculously Difficult) (Corner) (50% Meterless with jip) (Can also do 3 spins instead of 4, Chop Chop)
B31, F44, B31, B1F2 X-Ray (Corner) (56% with jip)

F2xxEXSlices, B31, B11 Spin, Spin, (Spin?) (Corner)
F2xxEXSlices Dash Blade Charge (Mid-Screen)

Air to air punch, 4 Blade Charge (Mid-Screen)
Air to air punch, b31, 4 Blade Charge (Mid-Screen/Distance Dependent)
Air to air punch, B31, B31, B11, Spin, Spin, (Spin?) (Corner)

Deep jump kick, 4 Blade Charge (Mid-Screen)
Deep jump kick, F44 (Mid-Screen no need to hit-confirm)
Deep jump kick, 4 chop chop, spin/F4 (F4 is super difficult to get) (Corner)

D1, 4 Blade Charge (Mid-Screen)
D1, B31, B31, B11 Spin Spin (Spin?) (Corner and height-dependent)

NJP, B31, B31, 4 Blade Charge (Mid-Screen)
NJP, B31, B31, B11, Spin, Spin, (Spin?)

Zoidberg747

221+2
b31
f2xxEXslices
air to air punch
deep jump kick
anti air normal
NJP

Thanks in advance.

2,2 1+2 B3,1 B3,1 spin spin

B3,1 U3 B3,1 B,31 Ex spin, spin(double spin is tight execution.

You really want to end your corner combos with resets though.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Thanks for the info guys. Is there any advantage to using b11 over 121 in combos? 121 does more damage and I find it easier to land personally.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter

221+2
b31
f2xxEXslices
air to air punch
deep jump kick
anti air normal
NJP

Thanks in advance.

you wanna be ending EVERYTHING you can in f4 in my opinion, its his best offensive tool i think, i usually go

221+4, b31, f4
b31, b31, f4
f2, ex slices, blade charge
a2a punch, f4, (quite tricky to get right)
deep jump kick, f4 (usually i just go with the kick as if im deep enough for a kick ill usually just punch)
i find the spin as my most reliable anti air, not sure about anti air normals but apparently his d1 is ok
and to be honest ive never tried finding a NJP combo, no idea why i havent lmao.

ill tell you more in depth if i come online later

Zoidberg747

If you can time it right d1 slices is his best anti air. And yes 121 is much better than b11, plus I find it a whole lot easier to pull off.

Thanks for the info guys. Is there any advantage to using b11 over 121 in combos? 121 does more damage and I find it easier to land personally.
The advantage of B11 is that it brings them high enough for multiple spins and sometimes even a third spin in the corner. The multiple spin combos do more damage than a 121 Chop Chop/Spin. You can do B11 Spin, Spin, Spin/ B11 Spin, F4/ Or B11, Spin, 4 Chop Chop. You asked for the optimal combos and they include B11 in the corner.

Edit: You can do 121 Spin, Spin in the corner but never a third spin and it does roughly the same damage as B11 Spin, Spin. For some reason it is easier to do B11 Spin, Spin than it is to do 121 Spin, Spin. The timing is iffy for some reason. Half the time the spin doesn't want to come out, maybe it's just me though. Whereas B11 Spin, Spin is completely consistent. But I'm just being picky, the damage difference isn't too large so choose what you are more comfortable with.

Flagg

Noob

221+2
b31
f2xxEXslices
air to air punch
deep jump kick
anti air normal
NJP

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the club kOmegak. Here are some combos of my own making (without meter), and i'll include damage output and feasability.

Corner combos:

1) jp, B31, B31, B31, B1F2, Spin, Spin: 44%. Very easy to do.

2) jp, 221+1, B31, B31, B1F2, Spin, SPin. 45%. This is also fairly easy to do. If you are finding the B1F2 tricky at the end, just do B11 (but you will lose out on 1 or 2% damage)

3) jp, B31, njp, U4, B31, B1F2, Spin, Spin. This is tricky, but looks very, very nice. 45% damage

Those are without meter as you requested, but with meter, you can get corner combos in the 49-51% damage range.

Midscreen combos:

1) Jp, B31, dash, B31, Dash, B11 cancel into Blade Charge: 35% (you may find landing two B31 in a row tricky at first)

2) Jp, B31, dash, B31, dash, F24: 32% (simple combo, and F24 will do more damage than ending the combo with a F2 canceled into a special move)

3) Jp, 221+2, dash, B31, F24: 35%

4) Jp, B31, dash, B31, dash, 1 cancelled into blade spark: 29% (nice simple combo. Alternatively you could just do the jp, B31, dash, 121 cancel into blade spark for about 30% damage)

5)Jp, 221+1, dash, F2 cancelled into slices: 29%

6) Jp, 221+1, dash, B31, Dash, F2 cancel into slices: 34%

Midscreen you can actually hit three B31 in a row, but the timing is so critical that i've never bothered going beyond two in a row.

Enjoy.

Off of a njp midscreen, you can hit 22 cancel into a special move. You could also hit chop chop after a njp and then blade charge as he comes out of the chop chop (you could do D4 into blade charge if your fingers are nimble enough). You could also hit F44 into a blade charge or just F4 for the reset.

If you hit F2 Ex slices, you can add a D4 into blade charge. One lil corner combo I have is Jp, 221+1, F2 Ex slices, D4 charge. I think the damage is only about 36%. To be honest, if you're going to use meter in the corner, use it for ex spin. Midscreen, you can use EX slices, dash and blade charge. If you want to burn meter, Ex slices then ex blade charge (no need for dashing) does about 25% damage. You can ex blade charge off of a AA Spin as well.

Barakas normals are quite slow so hitting a standing 1 or 2 is nowhere near as viable as someone like Cage or Jax. His Db3 is an extremely good Anti Air, like 7 frame special. His chop chop isn't as good as it used to be, but if you anticipate a jump in you can catch people (specially those KL, Sonyas and CSZ that love to dive kick). Follow up with the blade charge or the d4 blade charge. Incidently his F44 isn't a bad anti air if you can anticipate and read your opponent well. However the Last 4 on the F44 will hit them high up so wait for them to decend before you punish.

A deep flying kick can be followed up with a blade charge.

An air to air punch i've usually followed up with F44 or F4 for the grounded reset.

Word of advice. Try and herd your opponent into the corner. I know a lot of characters have good corner game but Baraka really excels here.

This is just some of my personal knowledge. There are likely better Baraka players out there and on this site that know more, but this works for me and im no slouch with B.A. Barakas. People say he's a not so good a version of Cage, but Cage is for pussies that think doing frame traps is skillz. I played around with Cage and the character is easy to pick up. That isn't fun for me. I personally love the Baraka vs Cage match, and super hype over the win.

1man3letters

yes,i like this, glad to know someone else uses it aswell and im not mad
i use it vs char like kabal,sonya who can blow through my reset pressure (unless i bait it) with ex moves,really catches people off guard when thrown in to mess with there wakeup

1man3letters

[MENTION=4]THTB[/MENTION]

thanks for recommending i try out b4,i thought that move was useless!
has epic recovery..whiffed b4 to ex charge i love it!

jamessmk

I am your god
I find in corner if you pop your opponent in air and go for spin. I usually do spin, ex spin, spin for ender. But i have gotten the d3. In between the ex-spin and last one from time to time. High 30 to low 40%

1man3letters

I find in corner if you pop your opponent in air and go for spin. I usually do spin, ex spin, spin for ender. But i have gotten the d3. In between the ex-spin and last one from time to time. High 30 to low 40%
yea man, any combo with triple spins is so hype, fuck kung lao!