What's new

Breakthrough - Flame Fists Armored reversals?.. Never heard about it

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
1) In Flame Fist variation Liu Kang can crush armored special moves, including X-RAY;
2) Here's video which proves it:

3) Q: How can I do it?
A: inputs are: 112 -> dd1 -> fbf4. You should press fbf4, when animation of dd1 starts!
Q: Does it work with every character?
A: Yes
Q: Does it work with every special move of each character (including X-RAY)?
A: No. Here are exclusions:

а) X-RAY of these characters can't be crushed by fbf4 or ex-fbf4:
- Jason Voorhees;
- Kung Lao;
- Sonya Blade;
- Kenshi;
- Sub Zero;
- Kitana;
- Cassie Cage;
- Jacqueline Briggs;
- Predator;
- Ermac;
- Reptile.

б) ex-special moves that can't be crushed by fbf4 or ex-fbf4:
- Ferra/Torr: Grab'n'Stab;
- Goro: Shokan Slam (in ex-fbf4 case both players will get hit);

в) ex-special moves that can't be crushed by fbf4, BUT can be crushed by ex-fbf4:
- Kung Lao: Vortex/Cyclone;
- Cassie Cage: Power Flip;
- Kano: Uprise ball.

г) parries which work with fbf4 and ex-fbf4:
- Sonya Blade: Garrote Punish;
- Sub zero: ex-Ice clone; Barrier of ice;
- Kano: Survivor's Counter; High Counter;
- Liu Kang: Dragon's Parry.

д) ex-special moves that evade fbf4 or ex-fbf4:
- Sub Zero: ex-ice clone;
- Raiden: ex-teleport;
- Mileena: Vanish towards/backwards;
- Ermac: Vanish;

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs

So, I found out, that if you do 112 -> dd1 on block and then: you do fbf4 and your opponent does any armored reversal (in some cases, this reversal can be even X-RAY attack), you won't get hit.
This works on every characters, BUT:
- Cyclone and Vortex of Kung Lao and Power Flip of Cassie Cage require ex-fbf4 (you can see it on video);
- you will get hit if reversal is:
1) ex-ice clone of Sub Zero;
2) ex-Punch Walk of Goro;
3) parry.

Also, you can do b33->dd1 or other basic combo (check more info in my guide), but it won't be absolutely safe (safety will be depend on start-up of reversal).
soooooooooo we're all just gonna act like a fbf4 isn't punishable by some charracters every time?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm pretty sure your opponent can poke you or just block, let you do your thing and then punish.

Jolt

Uprise
soooooooooo we're all just gonna act like a fbf4 isn't punishable by some charracters every time?
Sooooooo we're all just gonna act like having another option/threat is irrelevant?

We can't just look for perfect flawless tech all the time. Sometimes the threat of something is just as effective (or even more effective) than actually doing it.

I don't think this is something to do mindlessly 100% of the time, just something you can do on an armor read

omooba

fear the moobs
Sooooooo we're all just gonna act like having another option/threat is irrelevant?

We can't just look for perfect flawless tech all the time. Sometimes the threat of something is just as effective (or even more effective) than actually doing it.

I don't think this is something to do mindlessly 100% of the time, just something you can do on an armor read
i get your point, i'm just pissed at how much holes this character has. i really don't know how people make him work. can't say he sucks cus ,top 8 evo ,but godamn. and this new tech uses two bars and is very punishable everytime unless you spend a third bar for dragonfist which can be parried by maybe even normal kano parry

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
what's liukang's guess work?
ohh my dont read to much into it, was just saying most tech has an opening.... and if not it gets nerfed and then there is an opening so i welcome all tech thrown at me.... nothing aginst you... and i changed it anyways, cuz i wanna see others who used dualist state what happened...

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
i get your point, i'm just pissed at how much holes this character has. i really don't know how people make him work. can't say he sucks cus ,top 8 evo ,but godamn. and this new tech uses two bars and is very punishable everytime unless you spend a third bar for dragonfist which can be parried by maybe even normal kano parry
This tech takes only one bar in case of Vortex/Cyclone of Kung lao or Power Flip of Cassie Cage. In other cases this tech is meterless. I wrote it in description.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
I'm pretty sure your opponent can poke you or just block, let you do your thing and then punish.
Not sure about poke, but, yes, opponent can block and get 7,68% of chip damage. But the point is that in some cases this chip damage can be lethal for your opponent.

Parasurama

Dragon
Hi, I struggle with the timing for the wp and other moves after the SF cancel
f213->dd1-> WP is a true blockstring! I showed it my guide. Here's video from it:

Hi there
I struggle with the timing of the wp or other specials after the SF cancel. I think I manage to do the low fireball after it sometimes, is there some thing to look for in the animation when cancelling, I really need to know the timing for the wp.... any tips? I also have seen people on youtube do a combo then sf cancel and do another wp this time with flame fist hands and it all combos, I need to have that at my disposal if possible.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Hi, I struggle with the timing for the wp and other moves after the SF cancel

Hi there
I struggle with the timing of the wp or other specials after the SF cancel. I think I manage to do the low fireball after it sometimes, is there some thing to look for in the animation when cancelling, I really need to know the timing for the wp.... any tips? I also have seen people on youtube do a combo then sf cancel and do another wp this time with flame fist hands and it all combos, I need to have that at my disposal if possible.
You should quickly press fbf4 (WP) when you see that dd1 (SF) starts.

omooba

fear the moobs
Not sure about poke, but, yes, opponent can block and get 7,68% of chip damage. But the point is that in some cases this chip damage can be lethal for your opponent.
don't forget that after your opponent eats that chip you will probably get punished

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I think this was discovered long ago? There was already a thread "how to handle flame fist pressure". And yes FBF4 gimmick is not good for Liu (especially against Kitana, she has 1 move that fucks everything Liu does)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
What move
ex rising blade. It's an armored launcher available in all 3 variations. It's fast enough to punish raw regular and ex FBF4, it hits mid so you can't low profile using low fire ball and she's air borne so it ignores parry. In order to make your wp and ex wp safe you are forced to use ex dragon roar

LASD

Noob
ex rising blade. It's an armored launcher available in all 3 variations. It's fast enough to punish raw regular and ex FBF4, it hits mid so you can't low profile using low fire ball and she's air borne so it ignores parry. In order to make your wp and ex wp safe you are forced to use ex dragon roar
Well Kitana players are forced to burn a bar as well. So if im the Liu Kang player I build about 90% meter after doing something like this: F213 xx fbf4 xx ex db2 and make kitana burn the bar to try to get the punish. Her ex rising blade will trade with my ex dragon roar, then were pretty much back at neutral but i took about 7-12% of her health off depending if SF is activated and am pretty much at the same meter and she lost a meter. The same goes with Kung Lao and his ex spin. The entire FF variation is a mind game, I wouldn't call it a gimmick. There are counters for everything.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Here's final version of my first post:

1) In Flame Fist variation Liu Kang can crush armored special moves, including X-RAY;
2) Here's video which proves it:

3) Q: How can I do it?
A: inputs are: 112 -> dd1 -> fbf4. You should press fbf4, when animation of dd1 starts!
Q: Does it work with every character?
A: Yes
Q: Does it work with every special move of each character (including X-RAY)?
A: No. Here are exclusions:

а) X-RAY of these characters can't be crushed by fbf4 or ex-fbf4:
- Jason Voorhees;
- Kung Lao;
- Sonya Blade;
- Kenshi;
- Sub Zero;
- Kitana;
- Cassie Cage;
- Jacqueline Briggs;
- Predator;
- Ermac;
- Reptile.

б) ex-special moves that can't be crushed by fbf4 or ex-fbf4:
- Ferra/Torr: Grab'n'Stab;
- Goro: Shokan Slam (in ex-fbf4 case both players will get hit);

в) ex-special moves that can't be crushed by fbf4, BUT can be crushed by ex-fbf4:
- Kung Lao: Vortex/Cyclone;
- Cassie Cage: Power Flip;
- Kano: Uprise ball.

г) parries which work with fbf4 and ex-fbf4:
- Sonya Blade: Garrote Punish;
- Sub zero: ex-Ice clone; Barrier of ice;
- Kano: Survivor's Counter; High Counter;
- Liu Kang: Dragon's Parry.

д) ex-special moves that evade fbf4 or ex-fbf4:
- Sub Zero: ex-ice clone;
- Raiden: ex-teleport;
- Mileena: Vanish towards/backwards;