What's new

Match-up Discussion Armored Dash Vs Kung Lao question

I just picked up Rain & one tactic I found very useful was armor dashing to punish baited wake-up attacks. The combo I use to punish is 4,3 xx Lightning - dash - uppercut - dash - 4,3 xx Bubble - 4,3 xx water gun. Every character I tried it against it worked except for KL's spin. When I armor dash his spin 4,3 launches him & lightning whiffs. Basically my question is why does this happen?

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I also need to see this. I rarely try to armor dash against KL's Spin. I can't seem to get the timing right for it.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
It launches KL as if he was hit with a spin lol
I tested it and the only explanation i can come up with is that he is for some reason getting airborn as the 43 hits. I think the best thing would be to just go for 43 bubble combo or if you just think the spin is coming to blovk it and punish.

I really want to play rain as well, but that negative edge is just so stupid... and btw guys I know I am probably asking this at the wrong thread but how did you guys get around the negative edge? or do you guys still make mistakes because of it? also what ius the data on his teleport, is it similar to raidens, cuz after the last patch raidens teleport got nerfed so...

I really want to play rain as well, but that negative edge is just so stupid... and btw guys I know I am probably asking this at the wrong thread but how did you guys get around the negative edge? or do you guys still make mistakes because of it? also what ius the data on his teleport, is it similar to raidens, cuz after the last patch raidens teleport got nerfed so...
Bro I literally just started playing him yesterday & I only experienced negative edge twice. I treat the execution like its street fighter & I do it as accurately as possible & it works for me. When I'm doing rhc pressure I do it fast but I pace it at the same time & it works

I tested it and the only explanation i can come up with is that he is for some reason getting airborn as the 43 hits. I think the best thing would be to just go for 43 bubble combo or if you just think the spin is coming to blovk it and punish.
Thanks man it sucks becuase That combo I use does 40+

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
His teleport has 21 frames of vulnerability before changing sides and 44 after, Raidens is 0 frames of vulnerability before changing sides and 19 after. You have to time the teleport carefully to avoid zoning otherwise you'll get hit out of tele, and even if you tele at the same time as they throw a projectile you'll probably have more recovery frames than your opponent, unless it's noob.