Arizona Thread: Anyone Playing MK?

Discussion in 'Pacific South' started by DrDogg, May 3, 2011.

1. DrDogg

DrDogg Member

KoF was dead before it released. It's a shame, but still the truth.
  2. xZEPPELIx

xZEPPELIx Moderator

Sure its dead... thats why it had way more entrants and WAY more hype than MK9 at SCR. This is completely new game that has proven itself to be good if not better than the other major games out and is not gunna fall flat on its face like MK9.

I understand that KoF has had no presence in the American FGC but this game will change that for sure.
  3. MortySeinfeld

MortySeinfeld Well-Known Member

[MENTION=1503]DrDogg[/MENTION] are you watching the SCR stream right now? SC5 is on. I didn't know Ezio was announced for this game.
  4. DrDogg

DrDogg Member

Okay [MENTION=2119]xZEPPELIx[/MENTION]... so a brand new game is getting more hype and entrants than an 8 month game that's been dying for months? Should I be impressed? You must mistake me for an MK player.

KoF13 is dead. But hey, if it shows up at Evo or has more entrants than every non-Capcom fighter at Final Round or some other major next year, then I'll eat crow. You and I both know that's not going to happen. Just because a game is good doesn't mean it will have a strong competitive life (in the US of course). Virtua Fighter is a great example of this.

Now who are you and why are you posting in the AZ thread? o_0

I was out during most of SCR, but I'm watching it now. I haven't gotten to the SC5 part, but I'm really not all that interested in it until I can get in the lab and really take a look at the game. Ezio was announced a few months back. He actually looked a bit broken the last time I saw him. Unblockable low mixups that are pretty difficult to see. Not digging that...
  5. MortySeinfeld

So... Soul Calibur 5 is a good game.

Anyone here planning on playing it? I'm going to post up at 8WayRun.com later today, I still have to create an account.

It sounds like Arizona could have a really strong scene for SC5, i'm pretty excited about it.
  6. dribirut

dribirut BLAK FELOW

is everyone up in temp/pheonix? anyone down in tucson lol
  7. DrDogg

DrDogg Member

I think only one person still plays in Tucson... if he even still plays.
  8. dribirut

dribirut BLAK FELOW

Whose that?
  9. Velvet Sack

Velvet Sack A Dream and a Dream

LK-520
  10. AYSAMO

AYSAMO Well-Known Member

PSN:
    AYSAMO
    Yea I'm playing it and I saw detroit on it the other day too. Jeremy said there's a tourney at UAT saturday?
  11. MortySeinfeld

Yeah, there is a Soul Calibur tournament tomorrow (Saturday, 2/11/12) at UAT. Casuals are scheduled to start at 1PM, tournament starts at 3PM.

Viewers can watch the stream at: http://www.twitch.tv/thedigitaldojo

Here is the Address:

University of Advancing Technology Room 201
    2625 West Baseline Road
    Tempe, AZ, 85283

Also, we will likely begin hosting ManaWerx Tournaments again for Soul Calibur, and maybe some MK casuals sometime mid-week (ideally every other Wednesday, although it is looking like it might be on Thursday). I will post more information once I gather more details.
  12. LK-520

LK-520 Member

Yeah, I'm still playing. Been playing a lot of soul calibur lately, but I definitely haven't forgotten MK.
  13. DrDogg

DrDogg Member

You going to come to any Phoenix tournaments for SC5? I heard your Xiba is decent... I need to own it.
  14. LK-520

LK-520 Member

Planning on it, when's the next one?
  15. MortySeinfeld

Hey Arizona Soul Calibur players, we will be hosting our first Soul Calibur V tournament at ManaWerx on Wednesday (February 29th).

Casuals will begin at 8PM, and the tournament will begin at 9PM and is expected to run until Midnight.

The cost to enter will be $5.00. After the tournament is over there will be stations available to continue to play casuals.

The address to the venue is:

Manawerx
    ----------
    4920 W. thunderbird Rd #121
    Glendale, AZ 85306

(Located behind Arby's, next to Outpost games)

Tournament rules will be your standard best 2/3, double elimination with Winners/Losers/Grand Finals being best 3/5.

The tournament will be played on PS3.

The plan is to host the tournament every other Wednesday. Here is the current tournament schedule:

- Wednesday, February 29th: Soul Calibur V
    - Wednesday, March 14th: Soul Calibur V
    - Wednesday, March 28th: Soul Calibur V
    - Wednesday, April 11th: Soul Calibur V

In addition, we will also be streaming the bi-weekly Soul Calibur V tournaments beginning next Wednesday (February 29th) at 9PM PST.

The Stream URL can be found at: http://www.justin.tv/thedigitaldojo

Please follow the stream for frequent updates in addition to when the stream goes live.

Hope to see everyone there!
  16. Krayzie

Krayzie Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged! Staff Member

17. MortySeinfeld

Hey Arizona Soul Calibur players, we will be hosting our second Soul Calibur V tournament at ManaWerx on Wednesday (March 14th).

Casuals will begin at 8PM, and the tournament will begin at 9PM and is expected to run until Midnight.

The cost to enter will be $5.00. After the tournament is over there will be stations available to continue to play casuals.

The address to the venue is:

Manawerx
    ----------
    4920 W. thunderbird Rd #121
    Glendale, AZ 85306

(Located behind Arby's, next to Outpost games)

Tournament rules will be your standard best 2/3, double elimination with Winners/Losers/Grand Finals being best 3/5.

The tournament will be played on PS3.

The plan is to host the tournament every other Wednesday. Here is the current tournament schedule:

- Wednesday, March 14th: Soul Calibur V
    - Wednesday, March 28th: Soul Calibur V
    - Wednesday, April 11th: Soul Calibur V

In addition, we will also be streaming the bi-weekly Soul Calibur V tournaments beginning next Wednesday (March 14th) at 9PM PST.

The Stream URL can be found at: http://www.justin.tv/thedigitaldojo

Please follow the stream for frequent updates in addition to when the stream goes live.

Hope to see everyone there!
  18. MortySeinfeld

19. SubMan799

SubMan799 New Member

Are you guys planning on having SFxT tourneys at Manawerx?
  20. Krayzie

For sure dude. The next one is April 14.

I'll have the promo video out for it soon.
    B W1zZ likes this.
  21. Krayzie

I was going to make the trailer, but my friend is going to help me with that. In the meanwhile, here is this. :)

DetroitBalln313 likes this.
  22. Notra

Notra New Member

Hey whad up Arizona. I'd just like to introduce myself. Im Notra, and im really interested in getting into the competitive scene in AZ. Im a student at ASU, and I live in Michigan over the summer and breaks(my home). Im an avid fighting game community watcher. If you play at any streamed anything I probably know of you and part of your play style. Im not new to competitive gaming at all. I played gears of war(1 and 2) really seriously but stopped cause i hated stopping power etc. etc. but my team went to tournaments, and did well. More importantly I played Super Smash competitively as well. I as ranked 4th in Michigan when brawl was biggest. If any of you know Judge, Lain, or Anther i would play with them regularly( top 15 in the country at the time).

Anyway I play almost all fighting games, and put effort in. My best are smash, MK, and tekken, and a shitty MvC3. I main smoke(pre-banwagon, my first char), ermac, lui kang, sub zero, basically no bitches. Anyway I've played for a bit, and if a normal person asks to play pick up I 100% shit on them all the time (I know this means nothing). But i know the game well, the lore well, I love MK in and out since I was little and would like too start playing with everyone. Im free a lot with a heads up, and ready to learn, get better, sparr, and become a big name or even have more fun. When i played brawl i took it really seriously. I knew every match-up, move frame data, stage specifics. It was a crazy investment. Down to travel a little if my grades are straight at the time. Hit me up if you live near ASU or on campus.

Hope to start fighting soon

Notra (Marcus Finney) 734 358 9617 (Text me and say hey, I'd love to get into a community. And MK above all. Been too Long.)
  23. Krayzie

24. Euphoria Gaming

Euphoria Gaming New Member

Guard Impact (Soul Calibur 5 & Mortal Kombat 9 Tourney)Date Saturday, May 19 2012 (Casuals Starts at 1PM Tourney Starts at 3PM)
    LocationUniversity of Advancing Technology (Room 206/207)
    2625 W. Baseline Rd Tempe AZ, 85283

Games/Entry
    • Soul Calibur 5 $5
    • Mortal Kombat 9 $5
    Universal Game Rules
    • All games will run on PS3
    • Will be run on ASUS Monitiors
    • This is a BYOC Event (Bring your own pad or stick)
    • Winner must stay with same character for next game. Loser has a option to switch.
    • Game breaking glitches are banned
    • Pausing a game will result a forfeit of that round unless the opponent chooses to waive it.
    • All Tournaments are double elim. 70/20/10 payouts split
    Specific RulesMortal Kombat 9 (3PM-4:30PM)
    • 2/3 rounds per game
    • 2/3 games per set (3/5 games per set WF/LF/GF)
    • Kratos/Kratos Stage Banned
    • Street Stage Banned
    • Hell/Wasteland Stages Banned
    • No Kombat Kodes
    Soul Calibur 5 (5PM-7PM)
    • 3/5 rounds per game
    • 2/3 games per set (3/5 games per set WF/LF/GF)

GET HYPE ;)
  25. M-jaison

M-jaison New Member

When is the Next Digital Dojo Session? Also is anyone allowed to attend?