Arizona Thread: Anyone Playing MK?

Discussion in 'Pacific South' started by DrDogg, May 3, 2011.

1. Hey, I was hoping to get some casuals at my place coming up this next week if people want to come over and play some MK.

I want to practice some new characters as well. [MENTION=204]B W1zZ[/MENTION], what does your new work schedule look like?

What day would work best for everyone? I am now working Mon-Fri 8am-4pm so I have afternoons off, the only thing is on weekdays i'd like to get to bed by midnight to 1am at the latest. I can have people over on the weekends, but [MENTION=4009]Sao87[/MENTION] leaves for work from 7pm-7am.

Post up and let me know if you're interested and which days work best.
  2. B W1zZ

B W1zZ Thunder God Staff Member Moderator

PSN:
    B-W1zZ
    Next week is peak at amazon so I will literally have no time for anything, they are putting me on 60 hours. My ONLY day off is Monday, gotta work tuesday-sunday. Tuesday I don't have to be to work until 1PM though, but Wed-Sun I'm 6:30AM-6:00PM. I'm down for Monday if that is somehow possible, I'll be able to help with gas this time ;0
  3. Velvet Sack

Velvet Sack A Dream and a Dream

First, overdue congratulations to [MENTION=442]DetroitBalln313[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3679]MortySeinfeld[/MENTION]. Great job, guys! Well deserved.

I want in on casuals for sure. If Monday is what works for you guys, then Monday is what works for me.
  4. Sao87

Sao87 Noob

cool! We got a new TV at our house and I'd like to have people over for some games some time soon. I'll let you know when velvet.
  5. Velvet Sack

Velvet Sack A Dream and a Dream

6. DrDogg

DrDogg Noob

Soul Calibur V...
    DetroitBalln313 likes this.
  7. DetroitBalln

DetroitBalln tupac aint dead

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3...
  8. KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
  9. B W1zZ

PSN:
    B-W1zZ
    Ultimate Marvel Vs King Of Fighters Vs Soul Calibur 9000 Super Turbo Ultra Game Of The Year Edition with limited edition Mortal Kombat DLC
  10. Sao87

Sao87 Noob

11. B W1zZ

PSN:
    B-W1zZ
    Sweet I'm listening to it.

By the way are you guys doing any casuals tomorrow/monday? That's pretty much the only day I'm available.
  12. Sao87

Sao87 Noob

Apparently were playing MK! I'll give you a call when I get up.

When does SC5 come out, and if you have an opinion yet what do you think Dogg?
  13. B W1zZ

PSN:
    B-W1zZ
    Fucking sweet. This will be my first time touching the game since the last AZ tournament but I still know my shit.
  14. AYSAMO

AYSAMO Noob

PSN:
    AYSAMO
    I'm down too. What time?
  15. DrDogg

DrDogg Noob

It comes out Jan 31. So far it looks to be the best SC since SC2, but we'll see how the final version plays.
  16. At NEC, everybody that played it said it was really fun.

They said it reminded them of SC2, I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
  17. PND_Mustard

PND_Mustard Team Razer | Cyber Gladiators Premium Supporter

i think its wierd them adding a superbar in SC5, isnt it the first time theyve had anything like it in the series? and are the critical finishers gone?
  18. DrDogg

DrDogg Noob

That's a good thing. SC2 is widely considered the best in the series. A lot of people are looking forward to SC5 because it seems very similar to SC2.

It's my understanding that Critical Finishers are basically the supers now. I *hated* the CF system, so while I don't really like the super meter, I'd rather see this than what we got in SC4.
  19. B W1zZ

PSN:
    B-W1zZ
    Good games Sao, King Hippo, Morty, and Velvetsack, was cool to play again after a few months of no MK.
  20. LK-520

LK-520 Noob

I'm pretty excited for it. I never played SCII competitively, but even so I had way more fun with it than any iteration since.

Also I'm done with classes for the semester, so until I get a job or leave the country in April I'll have a lot more free time. Hit me up if you guys are getting casuals together, and I might be able to make the drive up!
  21. Sao87

Sao87 Noob

We had some casuals at my place last night and I am convinced King Hippo needs to make it to SCR. I'm going to see what I can do to push Morty to end up going as well as myself.

If Detroit and King Hippo went out together I can't see them not making top 8.
  22. KingHippo

KingHippo #SAWFT

:D!
  23. EGP Wonder_Chef

EGP Wonder_Chef Earth's Mightiest Mortal (Kombat Player)

24. So KoFXIII looks like fun.

I like Justin Wongs team, Athena seems like a really effective zoner.

My team would probably be:

- Andy
    - Elizabeth
    - Kula

I miiiiiiiight, pick it up but I have a lot of stuff going on these next few weeks.
  25. On second thought, I just found out that Hwa has practically the same exact moveset as Adon. I would probably find a way to put him on my team.