What's new

Tech Ares - Using Axe Trait to Stuff Certain Wake Ups

InFlames

dead
The useless up axe [trait] move is still pretty useless, however...

When ending a combo with f12 you can buffer the horrendous up axe input (I use the hc up motion) while in recovery frames and simply press trait after to use up axe for some good anti-wake up stuff. See the few examples [videos] below.

Example vs Doomsday

Straight axe is also good for stuffing wake ups, preferably only for stationary wake ups.

Example vs Martian Manhunter

Low Axe is good for wake ups that launch them upwards, such as DP's. Most of the time only the last hit will connect which allows you for a good juggle combo afterwards.

Example vs Deathstroke

Ares still sucks though..

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogorfat

Noob
The useless up axe [trait] move is still pretty useless, however...

When ending a combo with f12 you can buffer the horrendous up axe input (I use the hc up motion) while in recovery frames and simply press trait after to use up axe for some good anti-wake up stuff. See the few examples [videos] below.

Example vs Doomsday

Straight axe is also good for stuffing wake ups, preferably only for stationary wake ups.

Example vs Martian Manhunter

Low Axe is good for wake ups that launch them upwards, such as DP's. Most of the time only the last hit will connect which allows you for a good juggle combo afterwards.

Example vs Deathstroke

Ares still sucks though..

edited/promoted by STORMS*

InFlames

dead
Pretty much any long reaching normal if times right
ares' longest reaching normal pushes him forward lol going straight into his flip

ive tried a bunch of different stuff to counter the wake ups i showed and axe trait is really the only safe/consistent option i could find

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
ares' longest reaching normal pushes him forward lol going straight into his flip

ive tried a bunch of different stuff to counter the wake ups i showed and axe trait is really the only safe/consistent option i could find
Only other consistent option I can say from exp is MBF3. Beats spin, and beats flip with time down. But this is probably super known and universal. Just an option. But as far as stuffing with ares normals, maaaan.