What's new

Guide Ares Full Tutorial - Normals, Combos, Mixups, Zoning Tools

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
For those looking to pick up or improve their "God of War", Ares... this video tutorial might boost your game. MrBackOtheBus has uploaded a hefty video tutorial that goes over Ares' pros and cons, then explains his move sets and reset. From his normals to combos, mix-ups and zoning tools this tutorial may help you develop best practices and meter-management while using the God of War.

Credit: Shoryuken

Attachments

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Cool, instead of experimenting and finding my own style with a character, I'll just watch this. ^^
What a dickhead comment. Everyone that plays a character at a high level uses the same set ups and bnbs. That doesn't mean all these players have the same style you fool. The op is just sharing some knowledge. Its nice to see what a character is capable of. Good shit @MrBackOtheBus

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Cool, instead of experimenting and finding my own style with a character, I'll just watch this. ^^
dunno if you are sincere, but characters are not a vehicle for self expression. if you are a smart player you will draw the same conclusions as other smart players. these conclusions are drawn because the characters are LIMITED. because these limits are predefined, there IS a most efficient way to use them, and that method/strategy/tech usually comes after the possibilities for the character can be optimized no more...

D

Deleted member 9158

could've done without the music, it's distracting

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I had my doubts since he's a Youtube guy but I was surprised at how good this tutorial was. There was definitely a lot of shit I didn't know about Ares.

Also is that Gun Bound music? THAT'S FUCKING BAD ASS

Man I thought I knew a lot about Ares lol, I had no idea you could do that sweet trait cancel combo. Great vid, glad to see a character who's not top 5 actually getting some attention!

MK_Al

Noob
Great tutorial!
It would have been nice to see the inputs in the mixup section as well because as a non Aris player I don't know his strings by heart and therefore will need some extra time to figure them out.
Anyway, gotta hit the lab...

webreg

Noob
Ares might be a case of "bad on paper good in practice". Many of his setups and moves are technically unsafe but it seems hard to capitalize on them if you don't anticipate them and if you anticipate them then he can mix you up with a different one. Just my oppinion though. I'm not really qualified to rate characters.

GGA Max

dunno if you are sincere, but characters are not a vehicle for self expression. if you are a smart player you will draw the same conclusions as other smart players. these conclusions are drawn because the characters are LIMITED. because these limits are predefined, there IS a most efficient way to use them, and that method/strategy/tech usually comes after the possibilities for the character can be optimized no more...
Yeah you're right. I was on TYM in salt mode. This guy's got it. However I think the discovery of tech is more fun than having it taught to you. But that's personal preference.

Art

Grave_Intent
Good Stuff man! Been thinking about picking up Ares for a while, now I at least have a guide to help THANX!

AGUSTIN

Noob
I really think Ares is a sleeper. I just won a tournament with him yesterday, but it wasn't easy. The only problem I see with him is most of the time he really needs to battle, compared to other characters, for his wins.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Loved the guide

No way ares is bottom 5, such dummies make tier Lists w him bottom 5
I find it hilarious that that is even a thought. I tend to gravitate to all the downplayed characters. I lost count on how many ares ragequits I have.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I find it hilarious that that is even a thought. I tend to gravitate to all the downplayed characters. I lost count on how many ares ragequits I have.

I may be biased considering I'm an Ares main, but I feel like Ares may generate the 2nd most rage quits behind Deathstroke online. People eat one reset, lose their first life bar and they're gone.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I may be biased considering I'm an Ares main, but I feel like Ares may generate the 2nd most rage quits behind Deathstroke online. People eat one reset, lose their first life bar and they're gone.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/injustice/index_customize.html?tc=ya0-trjn52ko6zoa36jm8wmm61i7dpir6zkscee3cu74f7c89sgt6zli8wbfhijahi5oisa3cugdf2hr8w87cte48wl235j635cjf47jismm45002h00ju-bkf-naREO / Tom Brady-tiTier Chart for Injustice-ct999999-c1000000-c2000000-tvFF7101-thDD3C3C-d1Top Tier-x110-d2Low tier-x210-d3Has Faults-x310-d4Well Rounded-x47