What's new

Are Nrs Games The Scrubbiest Games (easiest to learn) in the Fgc?

Are Nrs games the srubbiest (easiest to learn) in the fgc?

• Yes

Votes: 64 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 133 67.5%

• Total voters

Apologia X

Trump 2020
I'm interested to hear everybody's thoughts about this. I've played many fighting games on a casual level and find Nrs games to be the easiest, and yes, the scrubbiest in all of the Fgc. It's one of the reasons why I'm attracted to Nrs games because my execution is probably one of the weakest parts of my game so why not play the least execution heavy game in the fgc.

Now, that's not to say anybody can pick up Nrs games and be a top player, but there's not really a execution barrier as with some other fighting games that come to mind. What separates top players from the rest in Nrs games in my opinion are reactions, spacing/footsies, and reads whereas games such as KOF, Tekken, and GG require more execution to be a top player.

I feel like the lack of execution may be one of the reasons that it will not be respected by others in the fgc and one of the reasons it won't surpass Capcom games as far as popularity in the Fgc.

What do you guys think? Do you agree or do you think Daigo would struggle doing run combos? Much love Tym.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Scrubbiest may be a harsh term but compared to other fighting games the execution level in NRS games is quit easy imo.

It may be a reason that NRS aren't respected by some people from other FGCs but at the same time, how can new people really get into fighters when all the good stuff they want to do is really hard to execute? Idk

I never understood why people want harder execution requirements. Good players should be separated from lesser players, because they understand spacing, match ups, the knockdown game, counterpoking, do their homework etc. It shouldn't be about execution, why should a player be better because they mindlessly practiced for hours on a combo or frametrap. Yes, it requires effort but if all it took was execution then there would be no true way to separate a good player from a lesser player, which would result in inconsistent tournament results.

Espio

Kokomo
Ease of execution or learning doesn't make a game scrubby. A lot of the best games in the world are easy to pick up, hard to master. It's a nice mix that doesn't close off entry to noobies, but also leaves you with plenty of room to grow. Also, very few games can truly rival Street Fighter considering the status and prestige of the series. It does not make those games bad or scrubby on those grounds.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I saw something on a FGC reddit a couple of months ago after EVO, asking how SonicFox is having such an amazing streak. The number one up voted comment was "because he chooses to play a game with zero competition" with a bunch of people mocking him taking the "easy" option for fighting game afterwards. That to me just seems salty, uninformed, typical l33t gamers assuming their game has all the depth and nothing else can hold a candle to it. (We aren't innocent of this either, I've seen people on here claiming MKX has more strategy depth than SC2 or Dota, like legitimate strategy games - lol). But regardless, if this was the case, why aren't any of these amazing players jumping in to snatch up that EZ prize money? It's not like there is zero SF players in this game, they aren't dominating it... Sonic earned his victories hard and is an amazing talented gamer. I really hope he picks up SFV and wipes the sneer of some of these people's face.

That being said, we definitely have the rep as the scrubbiest community, and honestly the way this community behaves as a whole I can't say it's fully undeserved - haven't seen some of the shit I see supported on here anywhere else in competitive gaming tbqh lol.

Last edited:

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Yes, NRS games are, in my opinion maybe too easy execution wise. These games won't certainly make you ready to play other fighting games. Unless you play a character that requiers high execution (i.e. RC characters like Liu Kang, Cage )

Slymind

Noob
In terms of execution, Smash would be easily the easiest, but there is more to fighting games than doing a command and pressing a button.

In general the games are just different, it's hard to measure, since each game will bring different elements to the table.

So, no, i don't consider MK to be the "scrubiest", nor do i believe there is one, at least among modern fighting games.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I'm interested to hear everybody's thoughts about this. I've played many fighting games on a casual level and find Nrs games to be the easiest, and yes, the scrubbiest in all of the Fgc. It's one of the reasons why I'm attracted to Nrs games because my execution is probably one of the weakest parts of my game so why not play the least execution heavy game in the fgc.

Now, that's not to say anybody can pick up Nrs games and be a top player, but there's not really a execution barrier as with some other fighting games that come to mind. What separates top players from the rest in Nrs games in my opinion are reactions, spacing/footsies, and reads whereas games such as KOF, Tekken, and GG require more execution to be a top player.

I feel like the lack of execution may be one of the reasons that it will not be respected by others in the fgc and one of the reasons it won't surpass Capcom games as far as popularity in the Fgc.

What do you guys think? Do you agree or do you think Daigo would struggle doing run combos? Much love Tym.
If you're a casual player, how can you know of elite level execution?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
If for some reason you had a company mix the following :
- Persona 4 Arena's 1 button "mash-a-combo"
- a comeback attack that you can use only after getting your butt kicked (SF4 ultra)
- ^ said comeback attack is performed by hitting both triggers on your gamepad (MKXray)
- if said comeback attack doesn't work, you can hit all your face buttons to give you a damage bonus depending on your life total (xfactor)
- spending real life currency to gain passive stat bonuses (Tekken Revolution)

Then we would have a scrubby game on our hands

virtiqaL

Noob
Ease of execution is most likely at the bottom of the list of criticisms that players from other communities have for MKX and NRS games. There's plenty of other reasons for them to consider a game such as MKX 'scrubby'.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
1. Street Fighter - tons of clones everyone has the same moves
2. Tekken incest game with tons of clones
3. Mortal Kombat - Every fighter is an individual with deep background story and individual skills (except cassie she could be a street fighter character)

QXD

Noob
I was at a casuals a friend a couple of weeks ago, and we were playing a lot of first to 2's with about 5 of us just watching. The term "That broke!" was thrown around a lot and it eventually led to a discussion at the character select screen about top 5-10. As the discussion dragged on we came to the conclusion that the top tiers were braindead, and most of the cast had some sort of really dirty thing that make them broke. With so much dirt, and fundamental mechanics of fighting games such as anti airs and spacing being less important in this game, I can see how a lot of people would think this game is scruby. I kind of think it is, but playing ANY game at a high level is by no means easy.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
1. Street Fighter - tons of clones everyone has the same moves
2. Tekken incest game with tons of clones
3. Mortal Kombat - Every fighter is an individual with deep background story and individual skills (except cassie she could be a street fighter character)

You're joking right? Aren't palette swapped ninjas clones as well? How many characters have teleport punches in their movesets?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I was at a casuals a friend a couple of weeks ago, and we were playing a lot of first to 2's with about 5 of us just watching. The term "That broke!" was thrown around a lot and it eventually led to a discussion at the character select screen about top 5-10. As the discussion dragged on we came to the conclusion that the top tiers were braindead, and most of the cast had some sort of really dirty thing that make them broke. With so much dirt, and fundamental mechanics of fighting games such as anti airs and spacing being less important in this game, I can see how a lot of people would think this game is scruby. I kind of think it is, but playing ANY game at a high level is by no means easy.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
"scrubby" is a bad word to describe something..... i admit, i was not an "MK guy", i grew playing KoF (95/97), Street Fighter, and later Tekken, and those games have harder "execution" than any MK game, but, that doesn't make them good or bad in comparison, take Rising Thunder as an example..... is Rising Thunder a lesser game, just because is really easy "execution" wise ?!