What's new

[Apr 19, 2013] Civil War V (Richmond, VA)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Civil War V INFORMATION

Civil War V INFORMATION

REGISTRATION IS LIVE!
GO HERE

WWW.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar
WHEN: Friday April 19th @ 6pm to Sunday, April 21st at 1145pm

PRELIM SCHEDULE:
http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/post/47375965551/cw5-prelim-schedule
WHERE: Comfort Inn Midtown Conference Center
3200 W Broad St
Richmond VA 23220 

HOW TO GET HERE:
http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/post/46970645402/transportation-to-civil-war-v-how-to-get-there
Room Rate: 65$/ night FRI/SAT/SUN
CALL: (804) 359-4061
Saturday night is 1 or 2 rooms away from being sold out.

MAJOR ATTRACTIONS:

FULL Japanese style arcade w/ all the classic fighters as well as some new style cabinets! We’re trying to keep it open after hours for y’all! (CvS2, 3S, MvC2, ST, A3, A2, Garou, KOF98, TTT, etc)

Civil War Sword trophies:
UMVC3, AE, SFxT, TTT2, P4A, KOF, MK9, IJ:GAU, Super Turbo…
AND THE RAFFLE MONSTER SWORD!

A LITERAL MOUNTAIN OF PRIZES for door/placers/and raffles!

Excessive Space/Time for casuals! All of Friday Night is teams and casual play… We’ll leave half the setups up for casuals for most of Sunday (situated so you can still watch the finals, of course) and we’re probably going to have 40% more setups than we need so as to give you guys more games for your buck than any tournament experience!

The Salty Suite: After hours casual gaming! Bring copious amounts of mountain dew!

Team Spooky will be streaming! FunkyP will be Streaming!

Ultradavid and Skisonic on the mics!
Sponsored by Mad Catz!
Our Awesome commissioned TShirt and CivilWar Style Patch!

1st Ever Injustice: Gods Among Us Major Tournament! Featuring REO, Tom Brady, Chris G, and more!

Top Players! EMPDieminion, EMP Santhrax, MH RayRay, MH Flux, TS Fooblat, TS NerdJosh, AGE NYChrisG, TS Sabin, FNEX KBrad, IGTUnknown, FR Roachking, EMP Jon Slayton, RyRy, Fighting GM, MK_REO, Damdai, Ganelon, LordKnight, Psyken and MORE!

Pair Play Tourneys: Fri night SFxT, TTT2, MK9. 3v3 Teams ST, AE.

Vampire Savior Exhibition! Friday Night

Injustice Exhibition!

North vs South 10v10 UMVC3 Battle!

GAME LIST:

Street Fighter IV AE2012 (Xbox 360)
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
Street Fighter x Tekken 2013 (Xbox 360)
King Of Fighters 13 (Xbox 360)
Persona 4 Arena (Xbox 360)
(winner gets a custom Foehammer stick as well as a sword!)
Guilty Gear AC (Xbox 360)
BBCSEX (Xbox 360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Playstation 3)
Mortal Kombat 9 (Playstation 3)

Injustice: Gods Among Us (Playstation 3)
Dead or Alive 5 (Playstation 3)
Skullgirls (PS3)

ST GAMES (arcade/supergun)
(20$ for all 4 tourneys, ratio, team, charlock, standard) 

ST Games Rules List (including ratio)
http://www.strevival.com/stgames/

How Much?Event Badge (required to enter any tournaments)
Normal (till April 15th): 30$
Week of/Door Fee: 40$
Spectators: 10$ for the whole weekend!
$10 per game (except ST)
$5 per head (most team/ unofficial side tourneys)

Trailer!

REGISTRATION IS LIVE: GO HERE

WWW.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar 

INTERESTED IN STAFFING/VOLUNTEERING/JUDGING (CLICK HERE)?
Game Rules:
Rules: 
- In game button binding/macros are allowed.
-PS3 sixaxis and ds3 are HEAVILY discouraged. 

-Turbos and hardware macros are banned.

-UMVC3 and ST are best 3 of 5 games

-TTT2 and DOA are 3/5 rounds per game. 

-All other games are best 2 of 3 games. 
2/3 rounds.
-Pausing a game is cause for forfeiture of the round except in cases of imminent victory. In case of dispute, the game’s pause screen indicates the player that paused.

-In case a pause occurs by neither players fault or a 3rd party, The judge or tournament organizer will either restart the match or advise the continuation of play from a neutral situation.

-Getting up from the playing area during match play or unplugging your control device willfully is considered a forfeiture.
-Players will be organized in pools. Pool size may vary depending on game and number of entrants. Pool start times will be posted online and in the venue. Pool check-ins will occur at that time. If a player does not check in, and is not present by the time the first round completes, you will be disqualified to losers. If a player has been disqualified to losers, they will be immediately DQ’d again if they are not present when that loser’s match is called. Time conflicts with other tournaments or a personal emergency are the only valid reasons to avoid the DQ. Eating or sleeping are not personal emergencies.

- Draw rounds awarded by the game count. Draw games do not count. So in AE, a draw round at 0-0 or 1-0 counts, but one at 1-1 does not. Replay the entire game.
-No floating under any circumstances. All efforts will be made to seed and separate regions in the brackets, but this is a tournament, and sometimes you have to play friends. 

Game specific stuff:
Akuma is banned in ST.
(more later)

IJ: Interactables and Transitions on.

LINKS: 

FACEBOOK:Shoryuken
TEKKENZAIBATSU: TESTYOURMIGHT:
FREESTEPDODGE
DUSTLOOP:
MayonakaMidnight:

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Wasn't this the same guy blowing up STH last year? I think I'm all set with the slight chance I could have made it.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
BDMao88

The guy who runs this and STH got in an argument over running mk on xbox last year. He called STH a spoiled pad player for saying it should be run on PS3 and stuff and just bickering back and forth. Don't recall personal attacks though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

What time do we have to be there on Saturday?

Doors open at 10am Saturday. Team tourneys and side tourneys from Friday will be finished up then.
First pools won't be until 12pm. Don't quote me, but if numbers keep playing like they are now, expect MK & DOA to be done from 12-3pm, TTT2 from 3pm-7pm, and IJ from 7pm-11pm.

BDMao88

The guy who runs this and STH got in an argument over running mk on xbox last year. He called STH a spoiled pad player for saying it should be run on PS3 and stuff and just bickering back and forth. Don't recall personal attacks though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I got in LOTS of arguments over Xbox last year, I tried to keep it as business like as possible. Sometimes I failed. I find it amusing that this year Final Round, ECT, and Big E are switching over to Xbox for Capcom games. I had a lot more reasons than just that (monitors for one), but it still gives me a chuckle.

I shouldn't have even really engaged that much, no one ever wins those kind of arguments because even if I'm technically right, arguing with potential customers is always a bad look and best to avoid it entirely. Tell STH that I apologize.

Luckily, this year we don't have that problem at all.

1. The addition of TTT2 and IJ to the roster makes a healthy enough portion of the tournament that favors PS3 to warrant getting them.
2. I've been able to source enough ASUS monitors for the tournament.

Also, I want to announce that besides all 7 EVO games getting a sword trophy,

THE WINNER OF THE INJUSTICE TOURNEY AT CIVIL WAR V WILL BE RECEIVING A SWORD TROPHY.
Better practice hard for those 4 days. Lol.

Also, any interest in an Injustice Exhibition on Friday or an MK9 Pair Play tournament, let me know!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT! Please Share!

You guys have a little over 1 week to pre-reg for Civil War V. Don't wait until the venue fee goes up to $40! Act today!

Register at

Make sure your complete the registration through Paypal! Otherwise you are NOT pre-registered!

Pre-regging gives you the benefit of skill based and regional based seeding! The person who plays Chris G first round in Marvel WILL be someone who didn't pre-reg, I can guarantee you that. I may even put you guys in your own pool of sinners.

Also, several door prizes will ONLY be available to the people on the pre-reg list! This will be entirely separate from our sweet raffle!

Just as a general announcement as well, the winners of these tournaments will receive an engraved sword trophy:
AE, UMVC3, SFxT, KOF, P4A, MK9, TTT2, IJ:GAU, ST.

Also, a pretty sweet mini cannon trophy will be given out to: DOA, GG, SG, BB, and the runner ups in AE and UMVC3.

Rooms are running out as well: Book now by calling 804-359-4061