What's new

Any bassists on TYM?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
In this specific track I've recorded only whammy parts. you can scroll through the playlist to listen to something more groovy.

These 2 videos are from the gig we had 2 weeks ago

Beware, everything is in greek language, so u won't understand a lot!
Thats awesome. Hip Hop is one of the only genres I don't usually play(I guess it is pretty similar to funk though), but I always love hearing new approaches. Some really groovy stuff.

And don't worry, I listen to metal. I hardly ever pay attention to lyrics anyway haha.

Thats awesome. Hip Hop is one of the only genres I don't usually play(I guess it is pretty similar to funk though), but I always love hearing new approaches. Some really groovy stuff.

And don't worry, I listen to metal. I hardly ever pay attention to lyrics anyway haha.
my approach on this band is to support the kick drum and mute for the snares to make it feel like "sampling/ loop" hip hop beat patterns. I suppose slap works in rap music but i don't play any slap so…

do you have any stuff of your bands or music?

Zoidberg747

my approach on this band is to support the kick drum and mute for the snares to make it feel like "sampling/ loop" hip hop beat patterns. I suppose slap works in rap music but i don't play any slap so…

do you have any stuff of your bands or music?
Nope :(

I've started writing solo stuff but none of it is anywhere close to being recorded/performed. Ill probably post it here if I ever end up finishing it.

Edit: I did post a video of me playing in my school jazz band. I believe it was on the last page.

Spoobs

Noob
Kind of. I usually have my bass in my lap or right next to me when I play games. Also, have any of you tried the new-ish Fender Coronado and Starcaster basses? I really want to buy one, but I live in the middle of nowhere in Michigan where it is harder to find the stranger basses.

Spoobs

Noob
So I went ahead and bought the Fender Coronado. I really hope I love it since I have wanted one since I started playing bass. It'll get tomorrow.

Zoidberg747

Kind of. I usually have my bass in my lap or right next to me when I play games. Also, have any of you tried the new-ish Fender Coronado and Starcaster basses? I really want to buy one, but I live in the middle of nowhere in Michigan where it is harder to find the stranger basses.
What kind of stuff do you play and do you have videos of it?

I finally made my way into a band myself. Our guitar player has a bluesy style, are drummer plays prog rock and our singer is a pop/top 40 singer. Been really interesting seeing the result. I've been using a lot more slap bass too. Ill post videos whenever we finally get things going.

Spoobs

Noob
What kind of stuff do you play and do you have videos of it?

I finally made my way into a band myself. Our guitar player has a bluesy style, are drummer plays prog rock and our singer is a pop/top 40 singer. Been really interesting seeing the result. I've been using a lot more slap bass too. Ill post videos whenever we finally get things going.
I don't have any videos right now, but I'm working on it. I play a lot of stuff from Beatles to Dead Kennedys. I might have mentioned it in this thread a long time ago but my favorite bassist are Paul McCartney, John Entwistle, Jack Bruce and James Jamerson. I don't like playing slap, because I suck at it, but I love listening to good slap players. I'm usually a pick and flatwound type player. I love the pluckyness of it.

Zoidberg747

Best call me Shinnok cause im about to necro this bitch :DOGE

Figured with all the new members there might be some more hits on the thread. Anyone been up to anything interesting? I myself had a band that was actually going to release an EP that seems to have now disintegrated out of nowhere...But I did manage to find some footage of one of the songs:

Its my only original work(that there is video of). Real simple slap line but fun nonetheless.

Im also in my school jazz band and would love any recommendations on jazz standards to learn. I've been trying to learn this one and its been throwing my brain for a loop:

Edit: If you have footage of you playing please post it!

Error

DF2+R2
Best call me Shinnok cause im about to necro this bitch :DOGE

Figured with all the new members there might be some more hits on the thread. Anyone been up to anything interesting?
Nothing technical, but at this point I've learned almost every song on this album and might try to cover it in the near future.

Zoidberg747

@Zoidberg747 @Spoobs @Error @EarlyReflections @Fromundaman @TotteryManx

Okay guys, I have
1 bass guitar
1 set of headphones that can output nice, low frequencies
1 1/8" to 1/4" jack converter

What do i need in between to let me listen to myself play bass on the headphones?
How about if I wanted to listen to my own bass and music from a laptop at the same time on the headphones?
For the first you just need an amp. The second I truly have no idea, I usually just turn my laptop volume up so I can hear it with my playing.

Error

DF2+R2

Okay guys, I have
1 bass guitar

What do i need in between to let me listen to myself play bass on the headphones?
How about if I wanted to listen to my own bass and music from a laptop at the same time on the headphones?
I think you need a direct input with a pre-amp, but I'm not very well versed in this kind of tech.

Spoobs

Noob

Okay guys, I have
1 bass guitar

Before my laptop broke, I would use Audacity. Bass to cable to jack converter to laptop using Audacity.

Okay guys, I have
1 bass guitar

1) You need some sort of a gain stage. A bass amp / a booster( or pre amp) pedal / a sound card. Sometimes a headphones amp works. If oy are about to buy, then spend on a bass amp. 12" cabinet (for you to enjoy!) I think Thomann sells a cheap headphone amp design for this applicatio.n

2) Again, a sound card for your laptop with an instrument input. Or a small mixer.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

Okay guys, I have
1 bass guitar

Well, you need a amp that has a headphone in. To listen to recordings you can't really go wrong with Audacity because it is free. It also mixes pretty well if you hop on Youtube and watch some tutorials. Happy bass playing.