What's new

Anti-Hype: Follow Up Question Based on Your Answers

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
Thank you all for your votes and sounding off in the previous thread!

The 4 most anti-hype characters according to us:
-Sonya Blade
-Jacqui Briggs
-Kung Jin
Tie for 4th spot
-Jax
-Ferra/Torr

Now- those 5 are no longer in the game.. Who do YOU replace them with?
So many characters in the MK universe, there is no poll, but after you have answered, I my start one to see who the most popular is.

Last edited:

MK Led

Umbasa
First off I cry that Ferra/Torr is not in the game, but other than that...

- Smoke
- Rain
- Cyborg with Cyrax and Sektor (and some other) variations
- Skarlet
- Havik

Oh, or just a bunch of new characters, I've been loving all of NRS' new character designs so far.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I suppose that the list in the OP may be inaccurate because when people name characters they aren't interested in, they usually name those they cared enough about to actually remember them, so that's already more attention than others get :p

Ok, half-joking here.

Although most of those characters are ones we don't know much about anyway, so...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
5 spots eh?

Shang Tsung (most unique power in MK... stealing souls)
Noob-Smoke (kill two birds with one stone... takes ferra/torr dual character place)
New Female Character (don't have enough females as is)
Havik
Fujin, I guess? Idk... I like Jax and Jacqui lol

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Sareena
Havik
Reiko

Keep Jax and Jacqui. If that's not an option, then Fujin and Nitara.

Just give me more 3d-era characters, basically.

Espio

Kokomo
It's really not a coincidence that out of those five, 60% have little to zero gameplay footage (Ferra/Torr rarely ever is seen so you could add them to make it 80%). People will probably change their tune when we see Jax, Sonya, and Jacqui in action.

It's kind of unfair because we have little to nothing to go on for them, while others we do.

Kung Jin is the only real exception on the list.

I'd keep the wifey Sonya, Jax and Jaqui, add Havik, keep Ferra/Torr as well.

kantboy-2

Ripper
NEW Lin Kuei member
NEW Brotherhood of Shadow member
NEW Black Dragon member
NEW White Lotus member
NEW Special Forces member

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't think Ferra/Torr is a fair pick, NRS have barely showed them off in any respect, to the point where I keep forgetting they're actually in the game.

Anyway, I'd like one of the cyborgs to be in the game, but I feel like they've been blackballed so that WB can focus on promoting Predator as the marquee cyborg in MKX, rather than any of the less intriguing characters in the standard roster.

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
It's really not a coincidence that out of those five, 60% have little to zero gameplay footage (Ferra/Torr rarely ever is seen so you could add them to make it 80%). People will probably change their tune when we see Jax, Sonya, and Jacqui in action.

It's kind of unfair because we have little to nothing to go on for them, while others we do.

Kung Jin is the only real exception on the list.

I'd keep the wifey Sonya, Jax and Jaqui, add Havik, keep Ferra/Torr as well.
Again, the reason for these two posts is out of fun, and to see how the popular reaction sways as the game gets legs.. All in good fun

Espio

Kokomo
Again, the reason for these two posts is out of fun, and to see how the popular reaction sways as the game gets legs.. All in good fun
Oh, I totally understand, I'm merely remarking on that observation that so few of the top five choices have any or much of any footage to go on.

I would like to see what this thing looks like two months after the game is out everywhere :).

Ooh this is a tough question. Let me think:
  1. I'd like a slot saved for Cybers with Cyrax, Sektor, and Cyber Smoke/Cyber Sub Zero as the variations.
  2. I need the only character I played, Kratos, back.
  3. Frost if they somehow manage to make her different enough from Sub Zero
  4. Hotaru because I actually thought he looked cool.
  5. Haven't seen enough of Jacqui to throw her off

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Well, if that's the case (I disagree about taking out Sonya, Kung Jin, Jaqui and Jax) I would replace them with:

-Fujin
-Reiko
-Frost
-Skarlet
-Havik