What's new

Animated Films/Cartoons

For some reason, I am a giant kid at heart, I love kids movies and still enjoy cartoons. Even though, in recent times, I've missed out on a ton of kids movies, I kind of want to catch up.

Name some of your favorite animated films you have seen.

Mine so far are, Regular Show, Adventure Time and Coraline.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
samurai jack
my little pony
adventure time

I'd have to say one of my favorite animated movies is Finding Nemo. That, Up, and Wreck-it Ralph... the fucking feels.

holy shit edit: Avatar and Legend of Korra <3

Hmmmm Avatar, will second Adventure time, anything by Satoshi Kon(Perfect Blue, Paranoia Agent, Paprika etc), lots of Miyazaki, pretty much anything of DCAU(mostly Batman, Justice League and Young Justice though), Disney, Pixar and I'm probably blanking on tons of stuff, but that;s some that really pops into my mind that I love.

O yeah Venture Brothers(which btw including Kons works are some of the reasons I don't like equating Animated stuff with stuff for kids :3)

It's weird that only recently I finally got to see Princess and the Frog. I really liked it. My love of it is also why I draw myself, which in turn reminds me of Dragonbal, the first thing I ever tried imitating since ducktales and turtle doodles and got me way busier with art than I expected :3

My most favorite least popular show was The Weekenders, not sure if anyone remembered it, but most episodes had a pretty good moral. Not to mention the main character(tino) was dealing with his parents divorce (and the characters actually changed their clothes). At the time I watched it, I had no idea how deep the show was than I actually first watched it. But yeah, just me. :D

Lilith

Baebality
I am a sailor moon fangirl, I work at disney world so i am kinda tired of disney stuff.(cept like tailspin or chip and dale) Reboot is coming back, Powerpuffgirls was my stuff!
Anyone remember ronin warriors? or totally spies? swat katz? gargoyles?
Movies wise Thumbelina, Anastasia, Miyazaki movies, THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER!(yeah i know its disney)

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
IMO, cartoons today just aren't the same anymore. I've seen an episode or two of Reg Show, Adv. Time, Gumball etc. and it just doesn't give the same vibe that Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Dexter's Lab, Grim Adventures, Foster's, Kids Next Door, etc. did. (And that's just Cartoon Network. WB had some great ones too like Jackie Chan Adventures (probably my favorite), Static Shock, Batman Beyond, Yu-Gi-Oh, Teen Titans....I was more of a WB kid since I didn't have cable for a long time). I don't know if it's because I've grown up and become corrupted, but it just seems to me like cartoons today have a bit of a darker humor to them. That said....

The Avatar series (both The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra) are absolutely fantastic and new episodes of Korra are something that I do look forward to every week.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Justice League and JL Unlimited, Dragon Ball Z Spongebob up until the original writers peaced out, the OG Yugioh, Sagwa, Fairly Oddparents, Foster's home, Grim Adventures, the Ninja Turtles were my dudes, Rugrats, Kids Next Door the old Digimon cartoon...

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
IMO, cartoons today just aren't the same anymore. I've seen an episode or two of Reg Show, Adv. Time, Gumball etc. and it just doesn't give the same vibe that Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Dexter's Lab, Grim Adventures, Foster's, Kids Next Door, etc. did. (And that's just Cartoon Network. WB had some great ones too like Jackie Chan Adventures (probably my favorite), Static Shock, Batman Beyond, Yu-Gi-Oh, Teen Titans....I was more of a WB kid since I didn't have cable for a long time). I don't know if it's because I've grown up and become corrupted, but it just seems to me like cartoons today have a bit of a darker humor to them. That said....

The Avatar series (both The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra) are absolutely fantastic and new episodes of Korra are something that I do look forward to every week.

Man I love Jackie Chan Adventures and Static Shock!

Oh and that one about the little kids that were like monks... Shaolin Showdown!

Coconut Island, Kirby, Mucha Lucha, Xiolan Showdown, Ultimate Muscle!

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
For some reason I always enjoyed that movie Ratattoie maybe I secretly want to be a chef. Batman the animated series was such a good show. Dexter's Laboratory. Count Duckula is dry humor but really funny if you are into that. Avatar The last airbender was a great series. Futurama continues be good when so many other shows (family guy, simpsons, ect) have all gone downhill IMO.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Oh and that one about the little kids that were like monks... Shaolin Showdown!

Yeah dude, Xiaolin Showdown was another one I loved. Disney Channel has sort of a "part 2" series called Xiaolin Chronicles, with the same cast and everything, but I haven't bothered to check it out.

Man I love Jackie Chan Adventures and Static Shock!
There was nothing I loved more then waking up Saturday mornings at 8 to watch the whole 4 hour block of Kids WB cartoons and then going outside to play. That's another thing I think is missing today. Those big blocks of cartoons that were "hosted" by characters from the shows. Cartoon Cartoon Fridays was another thing like that. It felt like it was a party and it was awesome.

Well, I'm supposed to do a Career Speech and I decided to do it on Stop-Motion animation, man, those movies are so beautifully crafted, I gotta watch Corpse Bride!

jaym7018

Noob
Yo Great Mouse Detective, Sword and the Stone,The incredibles and Aladdin. Put those on loop and you are good to go. And if TV is what you crave Pinky and the Brain is the greatest cartoon of all time.

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
This for me, sums up a lot of what I loved as far as cartoons go:

...yeah, I know - I'm old.