What's new

Video/Tutorial Ando1184's Anti-Top Tier Tech

InFlames

dead
Great video, but tick throw/EX Sand Grenade isn't a mix up. If you predict they are going for a tick throw and try to jump out, you will jump out of EX Sand Grenade as well.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yoooooo!!!! Great vid Ando!!! Thanks for the tag. All good informative info. Man you have no idea how handy the Quan Chi portion is about to be! Great stuff!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Got a couple questions/comments about the video.

Thanks for showing the Kung lao stuff. I don't think anyone ever pointed out a punch whiffs in that string. The other stuff I've seen but still good to have another resource pointing it out.

For the Raiden part: does this only apply to b1122 or can be used for every teleport string? Like 1122? Can't believe people aren't doing this. I didn't see the Raiden matches during EVO though.

I saw a video around here about how you can backdash out of the Quan Chi bat vortex. I don't know if they showed armor moves but still good shit.

The shinnok part is another I can't believe people don't punish yet. But I think most Shinnoks during EVO just went with the guaranteed low followup for the pressure/chip. Still good to know.

The thing about EB's tackle is that there are 3 points where he could tackle or do something else. Can you just repeatedly tap block or do you have to guess when to let go?

Thanks for labbing up and making the video. Just another reason why everyone should train before making any claims for/against a character.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Nice stuff man. But for errons 21122 string were you just mashing the block button or what. I no about most of the option selects in the game but I'm not to clear on how that one works.

while some are reactable, many are not. the reason people dont insert backdash or armor in some strings like laos or quans b32rune is cuz they are so fast that in the heat of the battle you just dont react to those.
imho, i dunno. maybe im a scrub.

For the Raiden part: does this only apply to b1122 or can be used for every teleport string? Like 1122? Can't believe people aren't doing this. I didn't see the Raiden matches during EVO though.
any teleport in hes string u can also back jump or if ur fast enough forward jump and punish but its risky cuz of the sparks hitboxs.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
while some are reactable, many are not. the reason people dont insert backdash or armor in some strings like laos or quans b32rune is cuz they are so fast that in the heat of the battle you just dont react to those.
imho, i dunno. maybe im a scrub.
Quan Chi's runes after B32 would be on a read. Almost always QC does EX Rune when he has a bar of meter after that string, so if you "know it's coming" you can armor through and combo.

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
Got a couple questions/comments about the video.

Thanks for showing the Kung lao stuff. I don't think anyone ever pointed out a punch whiffs in that string. The other stuff I've seen but still good to have another resource pointing it out.

I saw a video around here about how you can backdash out of the Quan Chi bat vortex. I don't know if they showed armor moves but still good shit.

The shinnok part is another I can't believe people don't punish yet. But I think most Shinnoks during EVO just went with the guaranteed low followup for the pressure/chip. Still good to know.

The thing about EB's tackle is that there are 3 points where he could tackle or do something else. Can you just repeatedly tap block or do you have to guess when to let go?

Thanks for labbing up and making the video. Just another reason why everyone should train before making any claims for/against a character.
The first part of the raiden stuff is only for b1122 but the low profiling the second part can happen during any of those strings, just react to the teleport. I normally just listen for it since it's a distinct sound effect.

As for the erron black stuff, I'm showing an example of when to release block and press it again. This is more read dependent since you have to release block during one of his many cancel points. The good news is if you release guard and realize he's still throwing punches you can quickly press it again to stay safe. However, I would just practice this on the cancel points and try and make solid reads against my opponent.

ando1184

Noob
@ando1184 I cant seem to get out of kung lao's string. are you sure you are doing the kung lao's string to the frame ?
Yes it takes practice and you must be in crouch state when you block the 11. This should be your input during the string; he 11's you hold down and block after the second hit has contact with you in the crouching state, immediately release block and start pressing back back. I hope this helps some :) It does work, it's just tough at first but once you get the timing it's very rewarding.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
The Kung Lao 112124 string is good, but am I wrong in thinking you can easily eat shit for trying to get through F23 and 44? If they go F2xxHatSpin, or F21xxHatSpin, you've just opened yourself up on block right since the only thing you are reacting to is the F2? Same story with 4xxHatSpin?

Yes it takes practice and you must be in crouch state when you block the 11. This should be your input during the string; he 11's you hold down and block after the second hit has contact with you in the crouching state, immediately release block and start pressing back back. I hope this helps some :) It does work, it's just tough at first but once you get the timing it's very rewarding.
Holly F*** it does. You're legend !

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
God damn this is great work. I knew about Raiden's string and Shinnoks overhead but not the other stuff. That anti-erron Erron Black tech is huge!