What's new

An EXTREMELY serious question for NRS right now...

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I actually do have the inside scoop on this from a reliable source. Here's why we haven't heard anything for so long;

Some of you may be aware of the whole vanilla MK3 shitstorm where several staple characters weren't in the game (Cage, Scorpion, Reptile, etc.) for no plausible reason right? Well the reason behind that was because, Daniel Pesina, the sprite actor for those characters, was caught in aiding the advertising for rival arcade game, Bloodstorm, at the time, and upon this, his contract was immediately terminated, and every character he ever portrayed was essentially given the Chris Benoit treatment, and Midway proceeded to act as if they never existed.

Since then, 3D technology has, y'know, become a thing, and NRS nowadays now invests in motion capture for character development.

Unfortunately, one of the lead artists was caught promoting on Tekken 7 arcade flyers in Japan, so they're now doing the same thing for every character he has provided motion capture for.

So yeah, this whole facade of having so many new characters in the game and that NRS can't bring back other characters because they died in MK9's story mode is all just one big marketing salvage operation. Let's be serious here, who actually stays dead in MK besides the Great Kung Lao? And in the meantime, they've been trying to damage control the 100% legitimate IMDB leaks of characters who were originally slated to be in the game. It's a damned shame because, I've been told that this McCaskill fellow (Brant I think his first name was?) put countless heartfelt hours into voicing Kenshi.

Ah well, there's always Ultimate MKX I guess.

trufenix

bye felicia
It would be interesting to find out how many people at NRS are actually on our side and actually want to tell us information and how many are pro fan-trolling.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hehe, for those of you who weren't around for the leadup to Injustice, get ready.. Ed Boon parceled out character reveals like rare diamonds, over a looong period of time. When I got to PAX East in March, a month before release, there were still characters that were known only through leaks or second-hand info, and had never been played outside of testing. And not all of those characters were playable in the demo build even at that point :)

So in short -- it's going to be a fun, long next 5 months :D

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Hehe, for those of you who weren't around for the leadup to Injustice, get ready.. Ed Boon parceled out character reveals like rare diamonds, over a looong period of time. When I got to PAX East in March, a month before release, there were still characters that were known only through leaks or second-hand info, and had never been played outside of testing. And not all of those characters were playable in the demo build even at that point :)

So in short -- it's going to be a fun, long next 5 months :D
And look how that turned out... :rolleyes: