What's new

Am I getting this right?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
So I spent some time studying frame data, and I wan't to know if im getting this right.

So ground-skull on block is +2, so if I do f4(10 frames), does that mean that they have to have an 8frame or faster move to catch it? And if they tried to use a 6 frame move, they would have a 2 frame window?

And if f4 is plus 25 on block cancel and the startup for ground-skull is 29 frames, does that mean they have to have a 4 frame move or less to catch it, and very acute timing (which would obviously be very very hard to do, and near impossible consistantly)?

Also, how do I know if you cant even jump out of something? What would the frames be for that?

Enenra

Go to hell.
You sound spot on. I don't know about the jumping thing, I know when we were playing Sub v Shang I got a D4 out in between the skull and your F4, and Sub's D4 is 8 frames, so that makes sense.

Somberness

NKZero

Noob
The only frame data I pay attention to is execution/start-up, block advantage and hit advantage. I have 2 questions:
1) Is it truly necessary to understand how cancel advantage works?
2) If so, can someone kindly explain how it works in a little more detail?

Thanks guys.

Somberness

Lights
The only frame data I pay attention to is execution/start-up, block advantage and hit advantage. I have 2 questions:

Thanks guys.
1. Yes, if your character has the tools to take advantage of it, then why not?
2. It is the advantage you have when cancelling from a normal (usually) into another normal or a special. The value is the first frame of the normal/special until your opponent recovers.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Thanks guys.
It's usefull with characters that are able to interrupt stuff. Raiden , CSZ , Armored moves , etc.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
All is right. About the jump-outs: jumping takes 3 frames to start, so you have to have at least a 3 frame gap, but it is really hitbox dependent. There may be strings you can jump out, jump up, or jump over. Just need to know exactly which is which.