What's new

All Mortal Kombat X Gameplay Videos

trufenix

bye felicia
8 directions on the joystick, only 3 ever get used pre-release. Looks like MK sticky air normals are finally dead and gone. RIP cross-over JIP: He was never allow to live.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Man sub has some serious freaking reach with those ice weapons...his uppercut looks amazing in that style.

And was i seeing things or does his slide recovery hella lot faster then before? Safe on block?
:eek:

insignis

Noob
Man sub has some serious freaking reach with those ice weapons...his uppercut looks amazing in that style.

And was i seeing things or does his slide recovery hella lot faster then before? Safe on block?
no, slide is full combo punishable

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

Did you notice that he can do a D2(Uppercut) immediately out of a regular ground hammer?

@0:44 in the video.

MKF30

no, slide is full combo punishable
Oh? I'd have to see this once we get more serious gameplay, cause I'm pretty sure his slide has faster recovery then MK 9's which has shit recovery.
Did you notice that he can do a D2(Uppercut) immediately out of a regular ground hammer?

@0:44 in the video.
Wow yes thanks lol that's nuts. Well at least Sub is better this time around. :)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Oh? I'd have to see this once we get more serious gameplay, cause I'm pretty sure his slide has faster recovery then MK 9's which has shit recovery.

Wow yes thanks lol that's nuts. Well at least Sub is better this time around. :)
he was beast mode release of MK9

just saying

insignis

Noob
I played against Sub on russian convention :) Yes, it is a bit faster but Scorpion's TP on block works that way also (no spinning ball anymore). It is punishable but don't have -9000 so you can't take a cup of tea between block and punish now :)

MKF30

I played against Sub on russian convention :) Yes, it is a bit faster but Scorpion's TP on block works that way also (no spinning ball anymore). It is punishable but don't have -9000 so you can't take a cup of tea between block and punish now :)
Ahh ok that's good to know, so they did improve Sub? good lol. Not that I use him but well I did in MK 2 and UMK3, but totally passed on him in MK9 cause of that one reason. Oh you did? cool, didn't know you played at the russian convention. Yeah it's like an arch kick right of Scorpion? Gotcha, cool.

he was beast mode release of MK9

just saying
Before the many patches yes he wasn't bad lol but after the updates man he was just not the same. I definitely think he'll be much better in MK X though no doubt.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The thing is, in MK9 slide puts you in one hell of a block stun, and in the end it's just what, about -19? You can make recovery a lot faster and still be within that territory in the end with no problem.
Safer on whiff this way though.

MKF30

The thing is, in MK9 slide puts you in one hell of a block stun, and in the end it's just what, about -19? You can make recovery a lot faster and still be within that territory in the end with no problem.
Safer on whiff this way though.
yeah one of the dudes who played the earlier builds said same thing, it's faster this time but can still punish it's just subby isn't in that "hit me whenever you'd like for 20 years" frame for free damage lol like he was in MK9.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
yeah one of the dudes who played the earlier builds said same thing, it's faster this time but can still punish it's just subby isn't in that "hit me whenever you'd like for 20 years" frame for free damage lol like he was in MK9.
And I must say that I like it even as mostly non-subs player. It was frustrating to punish Subs I played against for massive 6% damage because unintuitively long blockstun used to turn my b312 launcher into 12 half-string every damn time.

MKF30

And I must say that I like it even as mostly non-subs player. It was frustrating to punish Subs I played against for massive 6% damage because unintuitively long blockstun used to turn my b312 launcher into 12 half-string every damn time.
Yeah I pretty much went to town on Sub players whenever I blocked his slide(being an Ermac and Sektor player mostly) you can probably imagine lol free TK slam into heavy damage, Sektor dash into 1,2,back+1 lol I love it!

@testyourpatience Sadly, like you said that second vid you posted has shitty quality between the dude having seizures while filming and the quality lol it's hard to see(the zune whiff) but thanks though! That first vid was so much better the sub/scorp match.

Last edited:

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
@testyourpatience Sadly, like you said that second vid you posted has shitty quality between the dude having seizures while filming and the quality lol it's hard to see(the zune whiff) but thanks though! That first vid was so much better the sub/scorp match.
yeah he bombed at the quan chi recording, but you can clearly see a whiffed EX rune. and after he the grab where quan stands there laughing, he was able to walk forward while sub was still in hitstun so maybe he'll be able to combo off that.

MKF30

yeah he bombed at the quan chi recording, but you can clearly see a whiffed EX rune. and after he the grab where quan stands there laughing, he was able to walk forward while sub was still in hitstun so maybe he'll be able to combo off that.
Yeah maybe, guess it all on depends on recovery frames if the opp onent of qc can block or not. Guess time will tell. :)