What's new

After Earth : what's the twist? I won't see it

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'd really like to know the twist from anyone who saw it because I'm not seeing this garbage.

I'm always interested though in what m night shaylaman thinks now a days is a good idea.

So for anyone who saw it if u could let me know the twist and any nutty ending in here that's be great

It got a 14% rating out of 100% which is beyond the trenches of piss poor.
The sixth sense was a huge accidental mistake as proven by his last 7 movies

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
damn this was an m night shaymalamamadingdong flick? lol I had no Idea, I too will not be seeing this piece of shit, because I don't watch shitty movies, someone spoil this shit allready

Pig Of The Hut

FTR my guess from the previews is

Will smith is responsible for earth demise and jayden is a younger version of himself (not his son) who he is instructing to fix a wrong and make it right? This whole "ghosting" thing is something he failed at when he was a kid so he's being a hard ass to instruct his younger self how to do it right and fight it to save humanity .........?

It's a stretch but fits the writer's style

Pig Of The Hut

damn this was an m night shaymalamamadingdong flick? lol I had no Idea, I too will not be seeing this piece of shit, because I don't watch shitty movies, someone spoil this shit allready
Notice how they no longer push his name is trailers

"FROM THE DIRECTOR OF SIXTH SENSE" lol

Those years are lonnnnnnnng gone

I'm convinced he accidentally wrote something really good an pulled a Donnie darko on us

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

Will smith is responsible for earth demise and jayden is a younger version of himself (not his son) who he is instructing to fix a wrong and make it right? This whole "ghosting" thing is something he failed at when he was a kid so he's being a hard ass to instruct his younger self how to do it right and fight it to save humanity .........?

god damn, this seems like it could be legit lol. WHAT A TWIST!!!

Mestizo3

Noob

While reading a spoiler filled review I swore this is how it would end too, but nope it just ends with the kid saving the day, whoopdedoo.

Mestizo3

Noob
I liked this quote from a review.

"After Earth is the cinematic equivalent of Rebecca Black's "Friday" - a parent-funded vanity project gone horribly wrong and thrust out into the world for the rest of us to not enjoy."

Mestizo3

Noob
Seriously? So there is no twist?
"Cypher Raige is an emotionally cold, military leader whose relationship with his son, Kitai, is fractured by the violent death of his daughter. In an attempt to bond with his son, they travel together only to be marooned on Earth, which had been abandoned after centuries of environmental havoc. Now, with his injured father helping him from the damaged ship, Kitai must retrieve a beacon 100 kilometers away on a hostile planet with ravenous beasts, freakish weather patterns and a monster that can smell his fear. Kitai succeeds, saving the day and earning his father's love and respect."