Adding Prefixes - Which would you like?

Discussion in 'TYM News & Feedback' started by STORMS, Nov 1, 2012.

1. STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    We're going to try adding pre-fixes to threads now to help your search when it comes to character strategy. match-up discussion, etc and need a few ideas. NOTE: You will not have to select a prefix... it will be optional. However, using prefixes should help a ton (just like sticky threads).

So far I have...
    • New Tech?
    • Video/Written Guide
    • Combos/Strategy
    • Match-up Discussion
    • Combos w/o Meter
    • Combos w/ Meter
    Suggestions?
  2. AK RM Blake

AK RM Blake Protector of EarthRealm Staff Member Premium Supporter

I would simplify that list a little by removing the last two. They can be counted as part of the "Combos" category.

I might also consider adding a category for tag-team concepts, but this isn't truly necessary as tag-team isn't that widespread and not allowed in tournaments. Still, it could be for the sake of the casual players who do play it.

List looks good for now. If I think of any new ideas, I will post here.
  3. THTB

THTB #BlackRanger Staff Member

XBL:
    x THTB x
    How about Match Footage too?
  4. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    As I stated on AIM... with how technical it can be and players maybe wanting a combo w/o meter (like I often want), it would be best to separate and organize them. We can definitely add a 'tag team' one... however, if the list of prefixes gets to long we may have to consider ruling it out.
    GamerBlake90 likes this.
  5. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    Awesome idea.

EDIT: "Casual Play" and "Tournament Play" being added
  6. Seapeople

Seapeople This one's for you

Cool idea. What about just a metagame/general discussion prefix?
  7. Zoidberg747

Zoidberg747 They see me MB B3in', they hatin'

Flamebait for all of REOs threads

But seriously I would say punishment for punishment guides and maybe reflect for those character specific reflect guides.
    STORMS likes this.
  8. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    That's why I made this thread. :)
    Awesome idea..

I'll look in to adding/replacing some with these suggestions. As of now all MK9 forums have prefixes to them. Check it out, by simply going to post a new thread.
  9. GrandMasterson

GrandMasterson Stryker is still alive in my heart

I demand a LBSH tag
    Squeaker101 and FrothyOmen like this.
  10. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    prefix.jpg

this might do it for now. It's kind of a pain to implement them in all of the MK9 forums so I'd like to revise the list as little as possible plus we don't want it to be overkill.
  11. Mikemetroid

Mikemetroid NE Propaganda Artist Staff Member Premium Supporter

"TROLL"

Dark Red with White Text
    Squeaker101 and STB Sgt Reed like this.
  12. Runiix

Runiix the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta

PSN:
    Runiix
    safe/unsafe on block/whiff both strings/specials
    (atleast i would like that as im not a pro or to familiar with the frames always)
  13. UsedForGlue

UsedForGlue Patience is the key. Staff Member

I think if I was to imagine using prefixes for anything I would post, I would find stuff useful like:

Guide: A guide thread.
    Question: Information needed on the title.
    Tech: Posting possible new tech
    Video/Tutorial: Video response
    Strategy: The use of a move/block/knockdown/meter build/ that will be discussed in the post.
    Breakthrough: Realising something about a string or move that we didn't know before
    STB Sgt Reed likes this.
  14. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    I like this a lot.. but wonder if it would be good enough simplified like that. Keep in mind, descriptions won't appear so Im not sure about "Breakthrough"
  15. Zoidberg747

Zoidberg747 They see me MB B3in', they hatin'

Maybe Frame for frame data and the other various threads like that?
  16. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    Okay, basically I trimmed it with your suggestions because yeah... it looks hella good. The only ones I kept from the list are Match-up Discussion and Match Footage.
    UsedForGlue likes this.
  17. UsedForGlue

Ok cool.

I am trying to think of a prefix for when we post about something that we didn't notice, or something that is being over looked. like someone posting that Kabals B12(1) would be armoured.

So thats why I was thinking ''breakthrough''

Obviously the descriptions just for you to read lol, I wasn't thinking having that as the prefix.
    STORMS likes this.
  18. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    I would say "Strategy" or "Breakthrough" :)

EDIT: Clearly, you were editing while I was posting. lol
  19. Tbh I think Tag should be used in some tournaments, it's a really interesting aspect of the game and you kind have to approach it differently than the way you approach 1v1. And yes I know about all the infinites and cheap tactics, trust me my record in Ranked Tag is like 2500-40 lol. But besides the cheap bs tag could be really fun and throws in a whole new mixup game and strategy to MK9
  20. AK RM Blake

AK RM Blake Protector of EarthRealm Staff Member Premium Supporter

I highly doubt it will be allowed in tournaments. But this is the reason I did suggest a tag-team section.
    FOREVER KING likes this.
  21. We actually did like a mini tag side-tournament at MLG Raleigh, me and this scorpion player were on a team and we ended winning the tournament and won little actions figures lol. But yeah I know they will never do it at a major or any big tournament
  22. aldazo

aldazo First pick: Cyber Sub-Zero

Once in a while a look for practical uses of special moves or what are the best antiair move for certain chatacter, etc. So I can suggest:

"Move properties", or
    "Character tech"

Hope it helps.
    STORMS likes this.
  23. STORMS

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    Those would be "Tech" and "Strategy". If we separated it so much... it'd be endless. UsedForGlue 's suggestion is a great simplified version IMO
    UsedForGlue and aldazo like this.
  24. aldazo

aldazo First pick: Cyber Sub-Zero

Ok. There is another suggestion, sometimes I look for ps3 accesories (gamepads, converters, cables, etc) so maybe other people also, so now that Injustice will be on the 3 plataforms it could be: "PS3 accesories", "XBOX360 accesories", "WiiU accesories", to difference those from general accesories, for example those used for recording matches or streaming, etc. Another: "Merchancies" for toys, t-shirts, sculpture, and any other product related to MK or Injustice. Thats all for now, again, hope it helps.
  25. UsedForGlue

I think the part that should be noted about the term ''Breakthrough'' is that it isn't tech, as it shouldn't be situational stuff. It would have worked brilliantly for Kitana's JIP 112 :ex Cutter into D1, as its it 100% from a cutter on hit, nothing situational or ''techish'' about it, so there should be a clear distinction between tech, strat and breakthrough.

Or Kung Laos 21212 :ex Teleport wiff grab, or when Brady ripped everyone of Kano's string's to shreds.