What's new

Abyss of Time Results: IGAU (DarthArma), MK9 (MikeMetroid), KI (Grief), UMK2 (JamesMK), USF4 (KDZ)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
The 5th Monthly has come to an end and while the turnout was a little disheartening (last one had 41, this one had 23) the tourney wrapped up in a much more timely fashion as promised. This tournament shook the power rankings as each game has crowned a new king and with only 1 tournament left in the season its any ones game! You can catch the full archive here http://www.twitch.tv/mikemetroid/b/538538533 or catch the highlights on my youtube page here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLllEOEphRO8Xps3j9amP-gaepE1PZSByj

Killer Instinct
Top 4
1. Crazy 88 Grief (Sadira)
2. @G4S KT (Jago)
3. Jayslik (Fulgore)
4. G From Da Streets (Spinal)
Loser Semi: Jayslik vs G from Da Streets

Winner Final: Grief vs KT Smith
This was by far the hypest match of the night. As you can see in the video around the 9:40 mark the stream goes out. KT pulled his best @Zyphox and banged the table after the win to go up 2-1 as the crowd erupted. It was the first time the owner upstairs ever asked me what the hell was going on lol

Loser Final: Jayslik vs KT Smith
This was the first time meeting Jay and his Fulgore was on point. Going up 2-1 on KT after a heart breaking loss, KT gains his composure and pulls it out to return to GF.

Grand Final: Grief (Winner) vs KT Smith (Loser)
Grief our returning champion from The Main Event had no interest in letting KT get the crowd behind him this time around making a comeback in match 1 and then taking the set 3-0!
---

Mortal Kombat 9
Top 4
1. @Mikemetroid (Johnny Cage)
2. @G4S Claude VonStroke (Raiden/Johnny Cage)
3. @SwiftTomHanks (Sektor / Kenshi)
4. @Scoot Magee (Scorpion / Reptile)
Loser Semi: Scoot Magee vs STH
ITS A BOY ITS A BOY!!!!

Winner Final: Mikemetroid vs ClaudeVonStroke

Loser Final: STH vs Claude

Grand Final: Mikemetroid vs Claude
The Salty Runback from the Main Event!!
---

Injustice: Gods Amongst Us
Top 4
1. @DarthArma (Batman)
2. @KDZ (Superman / WoWo)
3. @Ray Riazy (Raven)
4. @ClassySasquatch (Nightwing)

Loser Semi: Classy Sasquatch vs Ray Riazy

Winner Final: DarthArma vs KDZ
The classic Break MU that never gets old to watch!
Loser Final: KDZ vs Ray Riazy
Rays Raven has come a LOOOONG WAY as he takes the Kryptonian King the distance!
Grand Final: DarthArma vs KDZ
Like I said it never gets old! Arma was flat out on a mission with this one with an overpowering 3-0 set!

Birthday slut brownies (chocolate chip cookies, oreo and brownies as one) celebration thanks to Mrs. Zilla!
---

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 2
Top 4
1. @jamessmk (Shang / everyone)
2. @Mikemetroid (Johnny Cage / Baraka)
3. @Edfig81 (SubZero / Lui Kang)
4. @Shock (Scorpion/Mileena)

Loser Semi: Shock vs JamesMK

Winner Final: Mikemetroid vs Edfig

Loser Final: Edfig vs JamesMk

Grand Final: Mikemetroid vs JamesMK
Our first GF that wasn't a runback of Winners. DAT SHANG JUMP KICK!!!
---

Ultra Street Fighter 4
Top 4
1. @KDZ
2. @Scoot Magee
3. @DarthArma
4. ?????

Single elimination tournament thanks to @Ray Riazy . Unfortunately we couldn't stream since it was on a ps3 and didn't have the elgato converter.
---

Fraud Place
A new king is crowned!!!! All in good fun, you played incredible!
---

Power Rankings
Injustice Standings
1st- @KDZ =22
2nd- @R.E.O. = 20
3rd- @Grr = 19
4th- @DarthArma = 17
5th- @EMPEROR_JUPITER = 10
5th- @Frantastic23 = 10
5th- @Ray Riazy = 10
6th- @RapZiLLa54 = 7
7th- @RG Rico Suave = 5
7th- @7L = 5
8th- @Indecisive = 4
8th- @Scoot Magee = 4
8th- @ClassySasquatch =4
9th- @G4S KT Smith = 3
9th- @Tom Brady = 3
10th- @KingJamez12 = 1
10th- @HuskyBrown = 1
10th- @imblackjames = 1

Killer Instinct Standings

1st- @G4S KT Smith = 21
2nd- Crazy88 Grief = 20
3rd- Phycotica = 18
4th- Ergz Desdinova = 15
5th- @CD jr = 10
6th- Gfromthestreets = 8
7th- @RG Rico Suave = 7
7th- @Mikemetroid = 7
8th- @Scoot Magee = 6
9th- Cloud = 5
9th- Jayslik = 5

Mortal Kombat 9 Standings
1st- @Mikemetroid = 27
2nd- @Insuperable = 20
3rd- @G4S Claude VonStroke = 17
4th- @R.E.O. = 12
5th- @CD jr = 5
5th- @EMPEROR_JUPITER = 5
5th- @SwiftTomHanks = 5
6th- @BlackBryan = 3
6th- @imblackjames = 3
6th- @Scoot Magee = 3

*These Standings are totaled up from When Worlds Collide, Judgment Day, The New Frontier, The Maint Event, and The Abyss of Time*
---

---
First and foremost I'd like to thank everyone for coming out, I hope you had a great time! @Shock for loading up the Shockmobile with the Breaks Finest and providing a few setups and UMK2! @Mikemetroid for running a solid stream (its come a long way since WWC lol) in @9.95 absence. ChiefGief for supporting the tourney and helping out! @SwiftTomHanks, @Vito DeVito and @Dark_Rob for making their returns to the tourney scene!!

Huge Shoutouts to @Scoot Magee and OBS FGC Donor @Edfig81 for splitting the pot bonus with me to provide $150 total for Injustice! We got 1 more left to complete the season, details coming soon!

Also check out CheifGiefs blog on the tourney! http://kombatnetwork.com/2014/06/the-abyss-of-time-61414-wrapup-blog-kinda-thing/

Last edited:

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
So apparently @Mikemetroid actually studied the last time we played the Raiden cage MU because he played totally different. This man studying a dead game. Now I am going to have to adjust or just get better at the cage mirror lol

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
So apparently @Mikemetroid actually studied the last time we played the Raiden cage MU because he played totally different. This man studying a dead game. Now I am going to have to adjust or just get better at the cage mirror lol
I hate to tell you this but I gave him a few Raiden pointers since I have a ton of JC/Raiden experience with one of my buddies. YES I PLAY CAGE lol just never vs you guys.