What's new

A Year of Injustice - Injustice: Gods Among Us Documentary

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
My only complaint is that I wish there was more. I know you worked hard on this and you did a fantastic job. Hopefully we can make it longer this next year and more hype. This was awesome and I hope to see more from you in the future.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
i think my favorite part is the early on stuff where no one would block chris Gs arrows lol. and all his big wins were with Black adam. Really wish there was some Narriation, and maybe some interviews about the step from MK to Injustice because you showed the Fillipino chump parts. Feels more like a tourny review then a documentary, maybe I was looking for too much though, please don't take this critisism the wrong way. Pig and his little girl was my favorite part. Imagine this, with some interviews and Bit narrorating it.

Good Job though man, Hats off, had fun watching it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I would have liked to see a little more West Coast love.

TBH if I didn't know much about the scene and watched this movie, I wouldn't even know that SoCal scene (or the West Coast aside from Cowboy) even existed until SCR shows up, and even then SCR got like no time, and none of our other big tournaments were shown.

I mean Youmacon was included with like 40 people, but neither our 90+ person tournament (release WNF) or 100+ person tournament (vindication) were real? =[

Also like 90% of the time when it showed our players they were losing, even if they did well at a tournament.

Like at NEC there were 4 videos of SoCal losing and the only one of us winning was SoCal vs SoCal, even though there were 2 socal and one norcal in top 8.

Evo we had 3 SoCal in top 8 but the only match was Slayer losing.

Aside from that it was cool, it was neat to see me in it a few times, even if it was me scumbagging a child, getting popped off on by 16 bit, and winning a game in a set that I lost =[ haha

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

TBH if I didn't know much about the scene and watched this movie, I wouldn't even know that SoCal scene (or the West Coast aside from Cowboy) even existed until SCR shows up, and even then SCR got like no time, and none of our other big tournaments were shown.

I mean Youmacon was included with like 40 people, but neither our 90+ person tournament (release WNF) or 100+ person tournament (vindication) were real? =[

Also like 90% of the time when it showed our players they were losing, even if they did well at a tournament.

Like at NEC there were 4 videos of SoCal losing and the only one of us winning was SoCal vs SoCal, even though there were 2 socal and one norcal in top 8.

Aside from that it was cool, it was neat to see me in it a few times, even if it was me scumbagging a child, getting popped off on by 16 bit, and winning a game in a set that I lost =[ haha
^This (minus the Chef showing up part)

@AeroGrunt

KDZ vs PL is still the hypest moment for me because of what happened at the last round and 16 bit popping off on foxy grampa out of nowhere.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I was expecting more of an actual Documentary, with narrator and some more story telling rather than montage/tournament recap thing. I would have enjoted that more. It was pretty good for it was though, I think it did a good job at what it was going for.
Other than the format, my biggest complaint is that sometimes the gameplay clips chosen didn't do a good job of showing what happened in the match they were covering. Like, it'd be showing clips from a top 8 match that player A won but it'd show a clip of player A winning, then a clip of player B winning a round then jump to the next round of the tournament and you'd be left with the impression that player B won.
I'm guess it was like that because of time constraints and a desire to have mostly hype moments and not to just show people getting bodied, but at times I felt like it got in the way of showing what actually happened at the tournament.

Haha, my first thought after seeing it was to look for Chef complaining about East Coast bias.
I would have liked to see some more SCR and WC stuff too. There was stuff like the complete meta and the WW of America that got resolved at SCR, but all it showed was East Coast popping off and no follow up. There was so much stuff that could have been included from SCR, like Deathstroke making top 8 and putting Dave on blast or some Theo/Brady stuff and Theo winning with Aquaman or Theo beating Tyrant or maybe a "Chef can't beat Superman" joke.

The other thing I thought that should have gotten covered a little better was whole Superman thing. Superman and Black Adam were running everything leading up to Evo, then KDZ won evo and everyone boo'd Superman, and there was the long dry spell where their weren't any tournaments and nobody was hype about the game because of Superman. Then there was the patch and Superman got nerfed but there was the whole Theo/KDZ "is superman still good?" storyline. I'm not sure if they even showed a clip of KDZ v Theo at NEC and in general it didn't really convey the tyranny the community felt from Superman and f23 before the patch.

It was good though. It did a good job capturing a lot of stuff(especially considering the length and format) and brought back a lot of fun memories from the past year. It also seemed like the stream monsters from other communities really liked it. There were a ton of "wow, I didn't realize Injustice was so hype" and "I'm gonna watch Injustice top 8's from now on" kind of comments in the stream chat. Great job and many props for all the effort that was put into making it

EGP Wonder_Chef

it was cool, it was neat to see Chef in it a few times, even if it was Chef scumbagging a child, getting popped off on by 16 bit, and winning a game in a set that Chef lost =[ haha
it was cool to see you copy my post, even if it was about me scumbagging a child, getting popped off on by 16 bit, and winning a game in a set that I lost =[ haha

iloveTSA

Noob
Awesome job man, you did great. I mean one hour flew by like it was 20 minutes, so that's a good sign of quality.

Let's go INJUSTICE~~~~~~

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
My voice was in it guys. Does that make me hollywood? I thought it was well done. Although FR and SCR had very little. I feel like they should of had more. But considering they were recent i understand. Showing how the game almost died and how superman was being booed i think is a bad idea. Id rather the good moments be shown. No reason to point out the thing that may have almost killed the game. Also you missed the MMH DlC part. :p. Also it sucks how there is not many West Coast stuff. But i guess he wanted to show big regionals and Majors. Sadly west coast only Has SCR. I wont mention that tournament that must not named since if i do people will ignore my post. Also only wound was shown Because Most of what was shown was top 8 stuff. And west coast not traveling to a lot of events or not making many top 8's probably was the reason. Showing West Coast people just Losing was kinda derpy to an extent. Also Idk how i feel about the clip of chef doing zod glitches. Does that person even play the game anymore or did you kill the game for him Chef. Serious question. :/. But i think it was done well. And i didnt even know west coast had anything besides SCR for events. Then again i really didnt start following the game until later on so thats probably why. Rant over. HYPE was real

4x4lo8o

Noob
Also Idk how i feel about the clip of chef doing zod glitches. Does that person even play the game anymore or did you kill the game for him Chef. Serious question. :/
That was Satsuiyeshadou and he actually won that set. He still plays the game but I think he likes MK9 better and doesn't take Injustice too seriously

EGP Wonder_Chef

Does that person even play the game anymore or did you kill the game for him Chef. Serious question. :/.
lol that's my friend SatsuiYesHadou aka So Kal el. He lives SUPER close to me and we play a lot.

He created almost all of the early Superman combos and stuff, I'm surprised more people don't know of him.

We drove 23 hours to MLG dallas and he eliminated me 3rd round, the bastard.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
lol that's my friend SatsuiYesHadou aka So Kal el. He lives SUPER close to me and we play a lot.

He created almost all of the early Superman combos and stuff, I'm surprised more people don't know of him.

We drove 23 hours to MLG dallas and he eliminated me 3rd round, the bastard.
Okay so that was revenge then. I understand Lmao.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
holy shit i enjoyed that man great work , how did the live screen go im pissed i fell asleep now
the 16 bit catwoman cosplay was dabess @AeroGrunt

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
This was really awesome, well done Aero!

Never realised how wrong m2dave was, it's nice to have confirmation that the opposite of what he says is always true.