What's new

[A Message from EVO Staff] EVO 2014 Injustice - Player Seeding, Who Should the Top Seeds Be?

nothingxs

EVO 2016 Head TO
Hello everyone!

I'm Andres and I'm here to let you know that I'm the Organizer for Injustice this year at Evolution 2014. I want to know who you think the top seeds should be! We did not have a Road to Evo 2014 this year like we did in the last year, so I figured that I'd peek my head in to see what the Injustice and NRS community thought.

Please feel free to discuss in this thread! (Most importantly, try to keep it mostly civil.)

Thanks for your time!

injevo.jpg

- nothingxs

Also, in case you're wondering:
MrWizard: Yes, nothingxs is tournament staff, so consider this request valid.
edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I'm pretty sure there's a list of tournaments that can at least tell you who places consistently enough to warrant a seed.

nothingxs

EVO 2016 Head TO
Are you really the TO? You would seed the #1 tournament in the world just by asking randoms on a forum?

No offense if this is real, but it seems pretty freakin weird.
I agree!

But plenty of people are already bringing up people like Pig of the Hut despite him being placed outside of top 16 on Bavo's algorithm. That's why I want to see community opinion! No shame in asking.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Hello everyone!

I'm Andres and I'm here to let you know that I'm the Organizer for Injustice this year at Evolution 2014. I want to know who you think the top seeds should be! We did not have a Road to Evo 2014 this year like we did in the last year, so I figured that I'd peek my head in to see what the Injustice and NRS community thought.

Please feel free to discuss in this thread! (Most importantly, try to keep it mostly civil.)

Thanks for your time!

- nothingxs
It honestly depends how far back of tournament results should matter in this seeding

For example do you want to go off of tournament results from 2014 and forward, or tournament results since Injustice's release date, or tournament results since last Evo?

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
I really appreciate you guys reaching out to the community about this. EVO seeding for NRS games has always concerned me in the past.

http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/rank/IGAU

This link would be a great place to start. Where exactly would tournaments start for someone to be awarded seeding for EVO?

The Fall Classic and NEC were two of the most stacked Injustice tournaments after EVO 2013, but would they qualify to be part of the EVO season? If not, then would Frosty/KIT be a good point to jump off of?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I really appreciate you guys reaching out to the community about this. EVO seeding for NRS games has always concerned me in the past.

http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/rank/IGAU

This link would be a great place to start. Where exactly would tournaments start for someone to be awarded seeding for EVO?

The Fall Classic and NEC were two of the most stacked Injustice tournaments after EVO 2013, but would they qualify to be part of the EVO season? If not, then would Frosty/KIT be a good point to jump off of?
You know I'm gonna have to take my spot back at the top soon :p

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I think it should be something like NCAA basketball.

Number 1 Seeds:
Jupiter
Theo
King
SonicFox

Number 2 Seeds
16 Bit
Wound
PL
Etc etc etc

Something along those lines. This is just rough and I picked players randomly off the top of my head.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Hello everyone!

Thanks for your time!

- nothingxs
First off I should be number 1 coming into evo. Emprtheo can be 2nd and the rest is up for grabs

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hello everyone!

Thanks for your time!

- nothingxs
1. KDZ - Returning EVO champ, not really a surprise here

2. Theo - Most successful Injustice player post patch

3. Jupiter - 2nd most successful Injustice player post patch

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Hello everyone!

Thanks for your time!

- nothingxs
I could help you with seeding, I just need to know who is registered.

I typically seed East Coast tournaments (Big E majors, ECT, TFC... and more)