What's new

A F0xy Grampa Wins MKX Cup Europe Final!

iamShorteh

"Vengeance will be mine!"
Congratulations to the winners @A F0xy Grampa, Tekken Master and @rubmytaco!

What a great finale, really enjoyable for all of the viewers at home via the stream too.
A lot of different variations and playstyles were displayed today by the EU MKX community.
Good job @ all of the participants.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I find it very interesting that kung lao really doesn't get bitched about that much. Like he is winning a lot in both the US and in EU but compared to Tanya everybody seems to love him lol.

Also props to foxy, looking better and better. Congratulations!
I feel like it's because he's not as ridiculous in comparison to his MK9 build. He's a really strong character that everyone was expecting to be good, but there's nothing about him thatscreams unnecessary or OP, and he's a lot more Ip Man and a lot less sidekick douche, so people can take him at face value and just enjoy him breaking faces. I wasn't a big fan of MK9 Lao, but in MKX he's probably one of my favorite characters to watch.

Also: CONGRATS FOXY <3

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
So Lao wins in USA and Europe...

Tanya was nerfed to prevent a bad showinga at EVO...

What's preventing a Top 8 full of Lao's?

For the record I'm saying this as a non informed viewer
Laos allegedly a beatable character with not many death matchups and many ot the top 10 characters go even or decent against him. Before tanya was released lao wasn't filling top 8s and that was pre nerf.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So Lao wins in USA and Europe...

Tanya was nerfed to prevent a bad showinga at EVO...

What's preventing a Top 8 full of Lao's?

For the record I'm saying this as a non informed viewer
In KLs defense he is one of the characters that rewards more fundamental play by having good anti airs, armor moves, and defense. Whereas Tanya just had such good movement that no one could catch her.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
I'd like to give the most sincere heartfelt congratulations to Foxy here. The guy is insanely humble, will play anyone in long sets, and is just in general a really nice guy. A model player really.

Congratulations Foxy, well deserved and I hope you continue your dominance.
What dank Canadian kush are you smoking? Foxy is one of the cockiest guys in the scene.

skater11

The saltiest
I fell asleep last night rigt after tekken master's first fight. I'm excited to see the archives, ridiculously good player.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
What dank Canadian kush are you smoking? Foxy is one of the cockiest guys in the scene.
Anytime he gets heated it's because he believes himself and never has any problem playing anyone to prove it. Online or offline. He isn't afraid to lose. As I said, a role model player.

How many Foxy based call out threads have we seen? I can't even remember any. Usually he gets cocky when he has to respond to someone trying to discredit him.

He has always been pleasant to me personally, and never once passed up an opportunity to play. I can honestly say I got better getting my ass beat by Foxy in Mk9 and Injustice.

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
@st9rm's Takeda though guys, easily the best viewing of that cup.

It's been a long ol road following ketchup and mustard everywhere for 3 months.

Been a great experience the entire way, it's always good to see all the other players for real and just have a good time.

Massive thanks to Spike for making all of this possible. *Salute*

Let's hope for a Kombat cup season 2, and an ESL season 2 :).

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Since F0xy has already qualified for ESL, who gets the qualification spot from this?