What's new

9-1s do exist in this game

REO

Undead
I was discussing this topic with other players and it hit me, 9-1 match ups definitely do exist in this game. I'm talking about Kabal vs Kano / Sheeva specifically here. I was heavily looking at my Kabal match up chart and breaking down each match up. I got to the 8-2s and realized there's no way Sheeva and Kano also lose to Kabal 8-2 if Noob and Cyber Sub-Zero do. Noob and Cyber Sub-Zero have a better fighting chance against Kabal than Kano and Sheeva do.

This leads me to believe 9-1s actually do exist.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I don't know if you're trolling or what, but I agree. Baraka vs. Kabal at a high level is a horrible match. It's 8-2 in favor of Kabal, or even 9-1 like you said. I don't wanna hear about no ex blade charge either. All that does is push Kabal back to continue zoning and keep Baraka out.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I don't know if you're trolling or what, but I agree. Baraka vs. Kabal at a high level is a horrible match. It's 8-2 in favor of Kabal, or even 9-1 like you said. I don't wanna hear about no ex blade charge either. All that does is push Kabal back to continue zoning and keep Baraka out.
You need to drop Baraka.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
baraka vs kabal 2-8? i dont agree, so 1-9? definitely not

Spletty

Grandmaster
I have a hard time believing there's 9-1s. That's saying that a kabal player at the highest lvl vs a kano player at the highest level playing ten matches, the kano player will win once. Once? Are you fucking joking? Come on.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I have a hard time believing there's 9-1s. That's saying that a kabal player at the highest lvl vs a kano player at the highest level playing ten matches, the kano player will win once. Once? Are you fucking joking? Come on.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
EXACTLY. Lest we not forget these are humans playing so one bad misread, or unpunished move can cost a match. High lvl versus high lvl these should merely be ballpark figures anyway, no where near so set in stone that people gotta drop their mains they love to play.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm not sure if there are, but at this point, it wouldn't surprise me.

aj1701

Noob
EXACTLY. Lest we not forget these are humans playing so one bad misread, or unpunished move can cost a match. High lvl versus high lvl these should merely be ballpark figures anyway, no where near so set in stone that people gotta drop their mains they love to play.
Ya, I gotta believe that Reo, if he picked up Baraka or any other character and invested as much time as he has with Kabel would still be just about anyone. Which is the point, its the player, not the character.

REO

Undead
Alright, some of you who think you know Kabal better than me can go ahead and accept a money match against me at EVO with Kano if you dare. If I win 10 games before you can win 2, I win. If you win 2 games before I can win 10, you win.

So far the only foolish challenger is m2dave. I guarantee after multiple babies or once I get a win streak going, even he will say "fuck this" and run to Freddy.

aj1701

Noob
Alright, some of you who think you know Kabal better than me can go ahead and accept a money match against me at EVO with Kano if you dare. If I win 10 games before you can win 2, I win. If you win 2 games before I can win 10, you win.

So far the only foolish challenger is m2dave. I guarantee after multiple babies or once I get a win streak going, even he will say "fuck this" and run to Freddy.
You'd be using Kano for this?