What's new

5 to 1 odds: Money Match

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
So I have a challenge for any of you guys out there that like money matches with odds in your favor.

I'll money match anyone at any tournament, if you beat me I'll give you $50. If I beat you, you only have to give me $10. There's your 5 to 1 odds, pretty nice huh?

Well here's the catch ;) you have to beat me in a first to 10, and you have to use Batman. You can choose to fight my Martian, Flash, Zod, Wonder Woman, Batman, or Sinestro.

Anyone game? Let's go! :D

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I bet my boy OG best Batman Uganda Alfredo Sauce @RM JagoBlake will take this offer
To be honest...that's exactly what I should do, but not simply for the possibility that I could win.

Ten months ago I issued a public challenge to @FOREVER KING for a Batman exhibition with approximately $50 on the line. It was to occur at the final UFGT event. But then I went 0-2 in the Injustice tournament and - you guessed it - devolved into a depressed state. So while Top 8 was going on the next day, I spoke to King and told him I had to back out of the challenge because I didn't feel I was ready for it.

There's no sugercoating this...it was a cowardly move on my part. However discouraged I may have been, I issued the challenge in the first place and so I should have stuck by it, win or lose. Instead, I gave him his prize winnings since a forfeit is considered a loss (at least I did make good on the wager). This no doubt came as a great disappointment to the Injustice community since so many of you were looking forward to it.

I have regretted the decision ever since. The only excuse I had for it was simple: I didn't have the mindset that is required of a competitive player...to push on no matter what. Only cowards back out.

But no more. I've left behind the coward I once was, and - as immodest as this will sound - I feel my Batman has come a long way. Winter Brawl ought to be proof of this.

King, as a test to myself, as well as my way of absolving for my act of cowardice last year, I would like to revisit my previous challenge to you, with some edits: instead of a first-to-ten as per the original terms, it should be a first-to-five. While I would hope it will remain a Batman exhibition, you're free to use whatever character you choose while I lock myself to the Dark Knight. As for how much the wager should be, I'll let you establish that.

I could still lose despite my improvements, but that no longer deters me. Not anymore. Whatever the outcome, following through with a challenge I never got to make good on, as well as hopefully doing well at Final Round, will be a fitting conclusion to my career as an Injustice player.

If you're down to accept this challenge, King, convene with me at the FR venue as soon as possible and we'll go from there. We might be able to have Kombat Network stream the challenge, but I'd need to speak to @Shock first.