What's new

$5,000 INJUSTICE Pot Bonus Announced for Evolution 2013!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You already had every other reason to attend Evo this year and now you have 5,000 more! Mr. Wizard has recently announced via Shoryuken.com that Warner Bros is putting up $5,000 for a Injustice: Gods Among Us pot bonus for the Top 8 competitors. Injustice was just recently announced as the 9th major game at Evolution 2013. That means that NetherRealm Studios will not have one, but TWO of their titles on display during the World Championship Fighting Game finals! However, things just got sweeter for the "#WhensINJUSTICE?!" crowd.

Below are easy steps to add Injustice to your Evo regisration or to sign up!

injevo.jpg

"To register for Injustice if you have already registered:
1) Go to http://evo.shoryuken.com/checkin
2) Login with your first and last name, if that doesn’t work, remove your first and last name and put your email that you registered with.
3) Once logged in, you should see a button that says “Register for Injustice: Gods Among Us Tournament”
4) Click on the button and you will be redirected to PayPal.
5) Pay!"

Source: Shoryuken
Credit: Blackula

Attachments

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Now that the WB money is in there, are people that helped work on the game or tested aloud to enter the tournament?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Now that the WB money is in there, are people that helped work on the game or tested aloud to enter the tournament?

The Evo staff said the tournament player testers they brought at the end of the project(Tom, REO, Chris G, Art, ect) would be allowed to enter.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The Evo staff said the tournament player testers they brought at the end of the project(Tom, REO, Chris G, Art, ect) would be allowed to enter.
Testers were aloud to play at MKs first Evo right? Just not that PDP tourny? I was just curious because I wasn't sure if there were legal ramifications, I actually thing everyone should be able to play, because the game will have been out for long enough, and I don't think anyone is hiding any Tokido style tech to break the game at Evo time lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Testers were aloud to play at MKs first Evo right? Just not that PDP tourny? I was just curious because I wasn't sure if there were legal ramifications, I actually thing everyone should be able to play, because the game will have been out for long enough, and I don't think anyone is hiding any Tokido style tech to break the game at Evo time lol

Yes, PDP was the only tournament testers were banned. However PDP was the only tournament in those early days to have WB money.

No one that tested MK9 placed top 8 at EVO fwiw.