What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero 3 Variations of Sub-Zero discussion

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I'd like to point out that in the first gameplay trailer you couldn't see HUD as well as visual effect of ex-moves (you could see Sub doing ex-slide, but no gray-ish glow and you couldn't see super meter as well, same for X-rays).

This means claims of regular parry launching for a full combo are premature.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
What does EX Ice Ball do?
Well, in MK9 it the EX version is a beam instead of a ball. It also keeps the opponent frozen longer. Not sure what the properties are like in MKX.

Anyway, I don't play aggressively with Sub-Zero. I feel that his character design favors a reactive, defensive play style. That being said, I'd go with the ice parry or ice clone without a doubt. I loved how SZ played in MK vs. DC (too bad I didn't like the actual game) because of the parry.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
I know what it did in MK9. haha

Maybe it's faster start-up, longer frozen duration, and the ball travels more quickly. Maybe gives Sub-Zero a hit of armor? Probably not though.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I think NRS have learned from their mistakes and I hope we have too. It is a shame, to think that Sub could've competed with Kabal and Cyrax if he'd just been left alone...
Thats what we say everytime and look at what happened to scorps on Inj? :(

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This is going to release and I might be moving to Indy for a job.

a scene and a hype game.

what do i do?

edit: why does SZ look like he's wearing a Puffy Vest.

SOMEONE GIVE HIM SHREDDER COSTUME NOA

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This also confirms my theory that Sub has 3 special moves until now.

Freeze, Slide and Polar Blast (new move) i was thinking it could be part of grand master, but doesn't seems like it.

Polar Blast is a detonating ice bomb that releases a fairly blast radius around sub, in grandmaster variatiom the Polar Blast becomes a ice detonator. Since two ices can't exist at same time, it explodes the clone at any given time.

Not sure if saw right, if you explode the clone on the correct timing and distance, the opponent will become frozen, if you do too early he is only caught by the ice radius of the clone but doesn't gets frozen.

I need to look in which video is this btw.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
arcteryx product placement bro. J/k
I'm ok with it.

re: scene and Job, that's awesome man, do it.
"scene" might be a bit of a stretch here in Indiana, when it comes to NRS games. lol

Our scene's hierarchy of fighting games pretty much goes like this:

1. Marvel
2. Street Fighter
3. Anime
4. Killer Instinct
5. KOF XIII
6. Really WEIRD Anime
7. NRS

ryublaze

Noob
Grandmaster is going to be so dumb. 1. He can throw the clone 2. It stops projectiles 3. He can remote detonate it. Three good buffs to an already really good move.