What's new

25 Destiny PvP tips for starters

Although I am rly disappointed with the story mode and content, the PvP is still decent and fun to play.
Like many ppl I just started a few days ago playing Destiny and made a short vid with a few tips.
Destiny plays different compared to other FPSs I have played. Feel free to leave feedback,
thanks for reading & watching.

If anyone lvl 20+ wanna grind gear & weapons feel free to add me.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
this is awesome thanks for posting this. I play cod so I have a bit of a tough time with pvp on this game. But this should def help me play more consistent.

E

Eldriken

Shotguns are all that matter.

Oh, and the sticky grenades that Sunsingers get are amazing.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Shotguns are all that matter.

Oh, and the sticky grenades that Sunsingers get are amazing.
My scout rifle enjoys you running at me.

Shotguns only matter right now because people aren't used to the speed and the sight lines.
Bad players are just running around willy nilly.

If anything.... assault rifles are the most versatile gun in the game.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati

Shotguns only matter right now because people aren't used to the speed and the sight lines.

I just Assault Rifle and Snipe ... My Halo 2 abilities are coming back to me.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Blade dancer is terrible. Golden Gun is infinitely better.
For PvP? Not even close.....you go into 3rd person so you xan look around corners, can get 5-6 kills easily, and your movement speed makes you almost impossible to kill.

For PvE the entire Hunter class is squishy and outshined by Defenders and Sunsingers

Reactions: MKB

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I just Assault Rifle and Snipe ... My Halo 2 abilities are coming back to me.
Yeah I have no complaints on the game really. The new stuff just takes time to get used to.

Most of the maps are good though. I mean some cater to CQB and that is more than fine. Everyone likes to use a shotty every now and again.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
For PvP? Not even close.....you go into 3rd person so you xan look around corners, can get 5-6 kills easily, and your movement speed makes you almost impossible to kill.

For PvE the entire Hunter class is squishy and outshined by Defenders and Sunsingers
pvp blade dancer is a bit ... much.

Especially if you have the armor that basically refills your health for every arc blade kill you perform.

Makes that super invincible in large hordes. Control game types really hate this super.
I've def killed it with a shotty to the dome tho, mid thrust. Kinda like killing the Sword player in Halo.

Fractured_Shadow

pvp blade dancer is a bit ... much.

Especially if you have the armor that basically refills your health for every arc blade kill you perform.

Makes that super invincible in large hordes. Control game types really hate this super.
I've def killed it with a shotty to the dome tho, mid thrust. Kinda like killing the Sword player in Halo.
Exactly, it is waaay better than the gun. Not to mention Blade Dancer is currently the only effective counter to Blessed Light Defender Titan

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah

Semi-auto rifles and scatter grenades blow up people on pvp.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Exactly, it is waaay better than the gun. Not to mention Blade Dancer is currently the only effective counter to Blessed Light Defender Titan
Pretty sure VoidWalker negates Blade Dancer though.

they all kinda shit on each other in one way or another

hell... the Golden Gun wipes dick with Blade Dancer.

It is the 3rd person thing tho that is kinda .... bleh. I shouldn't get to see people crouching on a corner in a tight spot.

Fractured_Shadow

Pretty sure VoidWalker negates Blade Dancer though.

they all kinda shit on each other in one way or another

hell... the Golden Gun wipes dick with Blade Dancer.

It is the 3rd person thing tho that is kinda .... bleh. I shouldn't get to see people crouching on a corner in a tight spot.
The speed, regen life, and 3rd person maked you slmost unkillable. You are so fast you can literally run out of super range.

The only other viable super is a blessing of light defender titan.... all the others are meh at best.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I've had the opposite reaction to you LiangHubbb. I feel that the campaign is great, while the pvp is pretty lacking.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Maxed out the amount of Crucible marks you can attain for the week today.

Needless to say, I've been enjoying the hell out of it. Been wrecking people so bad that I went to confession.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I took a break from PVP to just do strikes and whatnot. I like PVP but mainly play control.

I just hit level 23 last night with my Hunter on PS4. I like the class but when I fire up my XB1 copy in a couple days I'm going warlock.

I'll be on tonight if peeps want to play PVP.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly

Sorry, but no. You cant get 5 or 6 kills easily. I've never heard such a stupid exaggeration.

I've never had a problem dealing with Bladedancers, the only time I get killed by them is when they catch me off guard, which means they're playing the class well.

I'm assuming most of you guys who are complaining about it being OP haven't played much PvP, it's like the equivalent of Deathstroke Gunshots.