What's new

2014 TYM Softball Thread

Noob
Tonight is the start of my 13th season of softball!

I'm literally chomping at the bit to get out on the field already.

Anyone else playing this season?

This year I'm playing both ASA and USSSA, pitching, playing 3rd and 2nd.

In ASA I'm swinging:
Demarini Fu Dawg
Mizuno Techfire Classic
Louisville Slugger ASA Catalyst
Easton S2

In USSSA I'm Swinging:
Easton L1
Easton L2
Easton SCN18
Demarini CL22 2013
Demarini CL22 2014
Louisville Slugger Catalyst Balanced
Louisville Slugger Catalyst Endloaded
Louisville Slugger Canadian Catalyst 2 piece special edition balanced model
Miken Freak Plus

I know that @Kombat Nazi is playing (his 13th year as well), and that @REDRUM might play.
@RapZiLLa54 I know you play as well...

Anyway, let the season begin!

Noob
So the first week was a ton of fun. We lost both games, but it's mainly because most of the team is new and there's no synergy yet.

Personally, I had a great time. I love that, because I'm short, everyone moves in on me and assumes I can't hit the ball hard (or far). I also bat left handed, (though I throw right handed), so of course everyone always over-shifts and plays me like I'm gonna pull the ball straight down the 1st Base line.

Quite the contrary, I usually hit over the Shortstop's head on a line, so when the Left Center Fielder showed no respect and literally played me 15 feet from the outfield grass, I blasted the ball over his head. The Left fielder tracked it down in the 270 range for the out, but it did what I wanted, backed up the outfielders. My next at bat I hit a BOMB down the 1B line, which is funny because since they DIDN'T over shift me (because I hit to Left Center last time), the right fielder couldn't catch up to it and it was an easy triple. My final at bat, they had no clue, so I just punched the ball between short and 3rd for an easy single and an RBI.

Anyway, week 1 on the books, and I may have a game on Sunday now!