What's new

$20,000 POT BONUS FROM WB FOR MK9 TOP at EVO 2012!!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
dammmnnn Evo had a ton of upsets last year.. so im expecting that again this year.. i can see some of the usual top 8 (cdjr, reo, cd, maxter, etc) not making top 8 at Evo..

shit, everyone though michalengelo would be in top 8 after winning all the previous majors.. and tom being up there, but instead we got pl, job, reo, denzell, atl red...

it be nice to see a grand finals of a match we never seen before.. like foxy grandma vs cdjr or one of the out of country boys vs a usa player..
hype!

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
Wouldn't it be nice if us, "true", Europeans would show up and give you all a run worth your money? Oh no wait I'd have have to pay for it myself, that's right. Hey run a drive for me would ya? I mean you guys do it for a couple of guys labeled after a hot dog's mixture of sauces.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Wouldn't it be nice if us, "true", Europeans would show up and give you all a run worth your money? Oh no wait I'd have have to pay for it myself, that's right. Hey run a drive for me would ya? I mean you guys do it for a couple of guys labeled after a hot dog's mixture of sauces.
The drive is for solvents and slick old men, not condiments.

Ketchup, Mustard, Foxy Grandpa and UsedForGlue have established themselves as amazing players from Europe.

There is a reason the Mortal Kombat community is excited to see how they stack up against the American players, and Evo is a chance for all of them to showcase their talent.

I am not sure if you attend any of the events in Europe, but I am sure if you begin to establish yourself as a talented player that opportunities will present themselves in ways you don't anticipate.

I don't think Foxy or Glue really believed the community would get behind them the way they have to get them to Evo, but it's awesome to see and should make for an even more exciting event.

I believe Ketchup and Mustard are either paying their own way, or they had earned their way there after having won events in the past.

I am looking forward to seeing all of those guys. Hopefully more European players can make it out, although understandably it is very expensive.

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
I was completely aware they would not be funded to go to Evo by the US players, obviously this was a joke. That joke has a reason to it but let's not go deeper regarding that at this very time. Maybe at SVB I'll tell ya the entire deal.

We pretty much have established something rather "solid" ourselves since most of us have been playing since the demo, long enough I'd say. We're just not hyping it up / blowing it out of proportion. But yes you can be pretty sure that I and other Europeans do attend events.

Now for some reason I get the idea that the rest of Europe is but a shadow of UK and that we're supposed to blow up an event to showcase our skills. Well, tell you what ... The videos of such events are online, the next event is this coming may on the 26th. But I will not hype it up just to show that there are mutual / better players than the British over here at our side of Europe.

And that is all I have to say regarding that, perhaps I will see you at SVB.

Tolkeen

/wrists
People have been complaining that the resets are going to win the tournament, since the first 100% was found. I haven't seen cdjr do the resets, I haven't seen Maxter (although I hear he does it in casuals, but he playes cage 90% now) use the resets, I haven't seen KTSmith win a tourney with the resets (not sure if he still uses them). If they happen, that sucks, but it's not gonna get fixed. If anyone thinks they can switch their main and get some easy reset wins, I encourage you to try. Then we'd have proof for NRS that stuff like that needs to be taken care of for the next game.

$20k means more attendants, which means a potential evo 2013.

A full blown patch means less pot money, but happier competitors that are already invested elbow deep in the game.

If I was in charge of WB/NRS I know which group I'm going after.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I was able to finally watch this just now.... my jaw dropped.

This a reminder, of purity, the reason we need to do everything in our power to make MK shake Caesar's Palace!

Also, major props to Tim Static staying up late for me to post this. ;)

Albo

Noob
Good stuff NRS, looks liked they were listening to the competitive community the whole time.

I guess this is more money for the twins, UFG and Foxy to fill their pockets with then:cool:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
From my understanding via Twitter NRS/WB have been supporting MLG with money as well so I don't know why people are acting like they never do anything.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
$20,000 could do a lot to fix this game. Is it cool that they're finally supporting it? Absolutely; but this game has some big ass problems. $20k going towards the whiffing issues, fixing the manageable bugs, perhaps making the advantage 100% random upon the start of the round; these issues seem manageable. Hell, it'd be fantastic IF they could fix the meter drain glitch. Maybe make Scorpion not have the worst pokes in the game?

So much shit that the $20k needs to be going towards. Komplete Edition was an utter glitch ridden failure; fuckin' fix that piece of shit with the $20k.

Lets keep it positive and thank NRS, WB, EVO and anyone else involved in throwing $20,000 into a MK9 pot ....

Komplaints should probably be in another thread..