What's new

[10-22-2011] TEST YOUR RAGE, Fairfax, Virginia

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!

What a wonderful turnout. We had a total of 25 people show up for the tourney. We would have had more if a few people had gotten to the venue on time. :p Glad to see a good bit of out of town people come to the tourney. I hope this continues and that the tourneys we hold will only grow.

1: RyRy - Kung Lao
2: Citizen Snips - Reptile
3: LionHeart - Sub Zero
4: SwiftTomHanks - Sektor
5: Blackula - Kenshi
5: Vegeta - Scorpion
7: Eazail - Kung Lao, Jax
7: Death - Mileena
9: N0rdicNinja - Nightwolf
9: FlipinFlava - Baraka
9: Mysticism - Kabal, Johnny Cage
9: Dale Hamilton - Johnny Cage, Mileena
13: Heavy-Hitterz1 - Kung Lao
13: Down1 - Kitana
13: Creepy00 - Sub Zero, Ermac
13: Hatake Osawa - Scorpion
17: Kingkiller12 - Mileena
17: Chronos - Noob
17: BeatDownMao88 - Jade
17: Sayco - Kung Lao
17: Curved - Ermac
17: Korpse - Sub Zero, Noob Saibot
17: Enforcer - Quan Chi
17: Will08 - Kitana
25: kandehbar - Smoke

Exhibition matches:

Team MD defeated VA.

CitizenSnips (MD) def Chronos (VA)
Eazail (MD) def Hatake Osawa (VA)
Vegeta (VA) def SW Beta (MD)
Blackula (VA) def Minerva (MD)
Ryry (VA) def Jaguar (VA TRAITOR)
CitizenSnips (MD) def Vegeta (VA)
Eazail (MD) def Blackula (VA)
CitizenSnips (MD) def Ryry (VA)

In a salty runback from VA AsSalt, SW Beta def Sayco 5-2 in a money match.

In a loser buys the winner Korean BBQ, Blackula def Ryry 5-3.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
The top 3 was hype as hell to watch! Fantastic event everyone, it wouldn't have been as fun as it was without all the people who made the effort to show. We thank and appreciate all of you! And we will come back bigger and better next time!

If anyone has any thoughts / criticisms please throw them out there so we can work on improving future events. We're gonna try acquiring more Evo monitors to use for our setups, we acknowledge the lag issue on some of the setups and we'll try to reduce that as much as possible in the future.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Well I had a good time so it's all good. I was crashing off my energy drink the last 2 and a half hours HARD as hell lol but I managed to get home without falling asleep on the road at least heh.

saix88

Banned
Thanks for hosting this great tourny! Damn....17th place :( I know I can do much better next tourny!!! I was so nervous and dropping combos and making critical mistakes. I can't wait to see the videos, hope you guys put my jade vs d1 kitana match up.

I think for the tourny you should make it MANDATORY that you bring your own controller, I know someone had a green ps2 controller and it was lost and most likely someone picked it up not having their own controller. I hope he was able to find it.

Saix, our match was intense - I hope it gets posted too. Mandatory controller sounds like a good idea. A de-sync station might be a good idea (I don't think there were any issues at the event with this, but still might be nice). A few labeled "venue-property" controllers for people that don't bring their own. If the events stay the same size/grow, a larger room would be awesome, but I know that can be really tough to arrange. Obviously none of these are criticisms but rather things you dont notice until the event gets rolling.

Awesome time - I will definitely try my best to be at whatever is happening next.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Saix, our match was intense - I hope it gets posted too. Mandatory controller sounds like a good idea. A de-sync station might be a good idea (I don't think there were any issues at the event with this, but still might be nice). A few labeled "venue-property" controllers for people that don't bring their own. If the events stay the same size/grow, a larger room would be awesome, but I know that can be really tough to arrange. Obviously none of these are criticisms but rather things you dont notice until the event gets rolling.

Awesome time - I will definitely try my best to be at whatever is happening next.
I believe I had the pleasure of playing you earlier on in the tourny. It dawned on me a match or two later why you call yourself d+1. I was like... OOOOHHHHHH that's why! he was lighting up scorpions ankles with that fan LOL.

But yes, I have yet to be disappointed going to those tournaments at that venue, keep it up, and good stuff on the part you had in running the thing Nordic :)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I would just like to thank everyone who came and supported the tourney. Big shout out to Nordic and Beta for a well run tournament, even though Beta came late and didn't enter. :p

We had a total of 25 people who entered which is pretty damn good. We need to keep this up so our tourneys will grow and that more people will start to take notice of our area. We have some pretty good players in our area and if we continue this, we'll definitely be a force to be reckoned with.

Nordic Ninja - well done sir. Well done.

Beta - get to the tournament on time next time. :p

LionHeart - Congrats on placing. We had an amazing match. I've not played too many good Sub Zeros. You've definitely good a good one. Hope we get to play some more since you're right there in NC.

Swift Tom Hanks - The first real Sektor I've gotten the chance to play. Looks like I'm going to have to go in the lab and try to figure out Sektor. Look forward to playing you again. Maybe even at NEC.

Citizen Snips - very good Reptile. Though I didn't get to play you in the tournament, it was great getting in those casual matches. Maybe next tournament we'll meet.

And it was great meeting everyone else who I met. Everyone get HYPE for December 17!!!

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Very fun tournament, can't wait for another one. Another VA tournament and another 2nd place for me lol. Ryry got that salty runback on me but I'm 2-2 against him in tournies so hopefully next time I get the salty runback lol.

When will the recorded matches be uploaded? The top8 had very awesome matches and I missed the Blackula vs. Eazail match

PS [MENTION=1577]vegeta[/MENTION] how you like that Babality? Jk lol ggs everybody

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Thanks to those who created and ran the show. This was without a doubt the smoothest tournament I've been to! Congratulations to everyone below fourth place; and fuck the top three players.

Every single top 8 match was extremely fun to watch. Thanks to some pro commentary top 3 was as hype as it can get.

It's very nice to see such a developed scene in the NOVA area; and to know that VA/MD has some incredible players. It was great to meet some new MK people; Blackula, Death, Lionheart - all top notch players! I hope you all can make it to NEC or any Salty Battles in the near future. If you guys plan on doing this again; count me in for sure!

I also would like to put it on record, I didn't enjoy sending my bud Eazail to losers in the first round. People need to stop putting us in the same pool - we play together all the time lol.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
PS [MENTION=1577]vegeta[/MENTION] how you like that Babality? Jk lol ggs everybody
I don't think I was really aware enough to fully realize I got babalitized. In any case you'll see how I like it when next we meet ;) lol. Still, solid reptile anyway
*shrugs*

saix88

Banned
Very fun tournament, can't wait for another one. Another VA tournament and another 2nd place for me lol. Ryry got that salty runback on me but I'm 2-2 against him in tournies so hopefully next time I get the salty runback lol.

When will the recorded matches be uploaded? The top8 had very awesome matches and I missed the Blackula vs. Eazail match

Man I was schooling ryry so hard with jade before the tourny as if it was his first time to a gentleman's club, had to remind him to tip~

jk :(

thanks to everyone that came out and supported the MK9 scene! the top 8 will be uploaded in one or two days. if you want to experience the hype that Mid-Atlantic Kombat brings, ya just gotta come out >:]

sucks the stream did not work but it was a minor issue (we just needed a simple converter of component to composite) so next time, i'm sure the MAK admins will have it up and running.

sayco bringing some tekken rage over to mk9 hahahah. i think snipes was not ready for that

fail: sayco trying to troll ryry but ryry just winning

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I don't think I was really aware enough to fully realize I got babalitized. In any case you'll see how I like it when next we meet ;) lol. Still, solid reptile anyway
*shrugs*
I was just messing around Vegeta trying to create some hype lol and yeah at that point I think everyone was tired. And yes this was the smoothest tournament I've ever been to. Matches were done very quickly and I only had to wait a while when the top 8 was established, but that was understandable because the setup.

And Blackula I wish I got to play you some more because that was the first time I've fought a really good Kenshi, I need to learn his strings so I know when to block and how to block.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Thank to everyone for the kind words, they're much appreciated! We put our all into making this happen had some damn good support from some close friends. Would have been much more difficult without them. Also many thanks to Korpse for showing up so early and helping and to Blackula for helping to make sure the bracket wasn't a cluster fuck. Sorry to Swift and Eazail, I'll make to keep an eye on that next time!

P.S. I'm just going to leave this here =)

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I was just messing around Vegeta trying to create some hype lol and yeah at that point I think everyone was tired. And yes this was the smoothest tournament I've ever been to. Matches were done very quickly and I only had to wait a while when the top 8 was established, but that was understandable because the setup.

And Blackula I wish I got to play you some more because that was the first time I've fought a really good Kenshi, I need to learn his strings so I know when to block and how to block.
naw it's all good. I was crashing pretty hard on that 5hr energy I took. Says no crash on the bottle, that shit lied lol, either way regardless of the reason I got stomped out that match so it's on me anyway. Don't matter, just using what little salt there was when I thought about it to motive my further growth in the game :) top 5 is good but I need to step it up to number 1

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
hey, sorry i missed the exhibition matches guys.
after i got eliminated i went with my ride to get some food, but i didn't realized that he didn't intend on coming back to the venue

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
hey, sorry i missed the exhibition matches guys.
after i got eliminated i went with my ride to get some food, but i didn't realized that he didn't intend on coming back to the venue
We were wondering where you had gone because we didn't get to see you vs Mysticism.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Well I had a good time so it's all good. I was crashing off my energy drink the last 2 and a half hours HARD as hell lol but I managed to get home without falling asleep on the road at least heh.
Dude you looked so out of it when I was having a conversation with you later that night Marvin. Lol

saix88 said:
Thanks for hosting this great tourny! Damn....17th place I know I can do much better next tourny!!! I was so nervous and dropping combos and making critical mistakes. I can't wait to see the videos, hope you guys put my jade vs d1 kitana match up.
Never need to get nervous bro. Just learn to relax and enjoy the game. Keep doing what you were saying, then it'll keep happening. Hopefully next time we meet I'll definitely give you a run with my Scorpion and help you on your Jade.

Blackula said:
We had a total of 25 people who entered which is pretty damn good. We need to keep this up so our tourneys will grow and that more people will start to take notice of our area. We have some pretty good players in our area and if we continue this, we'll definitely be a force to be reckoned with.
If it wasn't for the damn Morton's Salt container you brought in, I'm pretty sure there would've been more people. =P Just messing with you Jamie. =) But seriously, lets make sure if we know people that do play MK for a living, lets hit them up and get more then 25 entries.

CitizenSNlPS said:
It was indeed a fun tournament, my friend. 2nd place will never be in your grasp again. It was all a major fluke for you to get that far. Hahaha. Nah, I wouldn't been that mean and say something like that. For real Ryry had your number Andrew and was making sure that Reptile was in check. But you did give him a run for his money know. Neck at neck.

Vegeta said:
I don't think I was really aware enough to fully realize I got babalitized. In any case you'll see how I like it when next we meet lol. Still, solid reptile anyway
*shrugs*
HOW DID YOU NOT NOTICE YOU GOT A BABALITY BY SNIPS?!!! WoW!!! Cause Blackula, Ryry and myself were sitting next to each other and watching that fight. We were like "Oh snap!!" and started laughing bro. Cause I would never had thought Snips would do something like that to anyone. So innocent and quiet, but deadly in the inside.

P.S.- Very nice group picture that was put together Steve! I made sure that picture was saved to my computer and will become my desktop picture in the background. w00t!!

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Just want to say a quick shout outs to everybody I met here at this tournament. Blackula, NordicNinja, Vegeta, Osawa, Swift tom hanks, Death, Enforcer, eazail and pretty much everyone else. MAD FUN. Ninja Hosted a great tournament. It was great to finally meet Osawa who has been on my friends list for a while now. I Had such awesome matches with Blackula, swift tom hanks, ninja and snips. I will most certainly come back if you host again. Shout outs to me use to beating snips all the time and now he beats me all the time lol. It was great to catch up with snips again since we went to evo together.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Dude you looked so out of it when I was having a conversation with you later that night Marvin. Lol

HOW DID YOU NOT NOTICE YOU GOT A BABALITY BY SNIPS?!!! WoW!!! Cause Blackula, Ryry and myself were sitting next to each other and watching that fight. We were like "Oh snap!!" and started laughing bro. Cause I would never had thought Snips would do something like that to anyone. So innocent and quiet, but deadly in the inside.
Believe me I was

I noticed, it just didn't really sink in at first. At least I took my babality like a man and didn't cut the system off or something.:top:
Besides it's not that big a deal to me. I've been hit with so many babalities and friendships from syberninja in MK2 and UMK3 over the years that this is just another one on the list lol. I have however in those games been trained in the art of DOLL and will proceed to hand them out when I win matches in MK2 hahaha

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Vids are up! I apologize to both Lion Heart and Death for the mess up on their fight. Apparently we had the laptop plugged into a bad outlet and the battery died on me in the middle of their match. My bad fellaz.

(Button check got capped)

Sorry the cap didn't start until a few seconds in, apparently there was no button check. =P

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
And as an added bonus, here's some of the video footage capped at TYR. Expect to see some collage videos made in the future with player interviews included. =)

We should also have every match played on Station A recorded, I will work on getting those uploaded next weekend. I'm on travel all this week and wont have access to them.